SportsWrath

Breaking Eagles News

Lughead

We go on a tear every year after our bye, and uh... One of those tomato cans last year was your team buddy. :laugh:

again winning by one score was hardly a beat down but point well taken it was the last 4-5 games I was talking about....I meant to say your victories in general were back loaded on the sched and not too many tough teams..........all the pre 2012 eagles Hysteria I found a bit weird for an 8-8 "Dynasty"..Cowboys too.......no Respect for the World Champs....Well no one in SFO thinks we got lucky anymore

having said that, if we are not net positive in the division and win another SB it will be tainted a bit.......just a tiny bit

We go on a tear every year after our bye, and uh... One of those tomato cans last year was your team buddy. :laugh:

you may keep tomato cans in your trophy case...... but we keep Superbowl trophies in ours. :smartass:

again winning by one score was hardly a beat down but point well taken it was the last 4-5 games I was talking about....I meant to say your victories in general were back loaded on the sched and not too many tough teams..........all the pre 2012 eagles Hysteria I found a bit weird for an 8-8 "Dynasty"..Cowboys too.......no Respect for the World Champs....Well no one in SFO thinks we got lucky anymore

having said that, if we are not net positive in the division and win another SB it will be tainted a bit.......just a tiny bit

I truely hope we pull it together, because we should have handled the Lions and beyond the Falcons all we really have left is divisional games. It's still not out of the question for the Iggs to win the division. How's that for homerism. :laugh:

I truely hope we pull it together, because we should have handled the Lions and beyond the Falcons all we really have left is divisional games. It's still not out of the question for the Iggs to win the division. How's that for homerism. :laugh:

10s across the board :WS:

Laurie has already stated that Reid will be gone if we don't make a playoff appearance this year. I'm not really sure what happened to Vick this year. He's never been THIS bad with turnovers that I can remember. If it were me I'd sit him and throw Foles into the water. The kids a great fit for the speed bumps on the road to sacking our QB that we call the O-line. I live in Tucson so I've been watching him for the last 4 years. He has great accuracy, he's good with the quick release and he can read defenses.

He's always been that guy, he just had a lucky run in the early going.

I can't believe they signed him in the first place. Nobody in their right mind would think Vick could really take an NFL team anywhere.

I don't buy into the whole "let him adjust to the speed of the game" philosophy. I did 10-20 years ago, but in this day and age it just doesn't hold a lot of water with me. And Foles doesn't get killed. As I said, he has a very quick read and release. Furthermore, our offense won't change that drastically regardless of who the next coach is. Whoever it is will have to work with the talent we have on our squad.

Then the offense would change, because the talent on your squad includes one of the better RBs in the league right now while your offense is awfully pass heavy. I think that's one of Reid's biggest criticisms is that it's his offense, hell or high water, and it doesn't matter who the front office provides to Reid. It's like the team has talents A, B, and C....but Reid has them doing D, E, and F. I don't know...maybe it won't change drastically, but there definitely should be some change if the Eagles want to improve.

so do we have to hear "wide 9" 40 times a game when they're on national tv still?

Considering it's almost mid-season changing the D drastically I think would be disastrous. Also Asmougha needs to shut his mouth since he's been a relative disappointment.

Then the offense would change, because the talent on your squad includes one of the better RBs in the league right now while your offense is awfully pass heavy. I think that's one of Reid's biggest criticisms is that it's his offense, hell or high water, and it doesn't matter who the front office provides to Reid. It's like the team has talents A, B, and C....but Reid has them doing D, E, and F. I don't know...maybe it won't change drastically, but there definitely should be some change if the Eagles want to improve.

Well, they announced today that Vick is our starter against Atlanta, so it's moot at this point, but to your point if we utilize McCoy more, are you saying Foles can't hand off the ball at this level???

Interesting to see if they stick with it. I think Castillo's the scapegoat here; your D hasn't cost you games like Vick has.

Agreed...I thought there defense was pretty solid and that wide nine was a starting to really pay out for them...bucked the G-Men good for 3 quarters.......I just checked and their D is ranked number 6......this makes no sense cause it doesn't appear to be broken...why fix it.

The good news for us...hopefully the new DC will fuck with the scheme - mid season.....and get them all fucked up when they can least afford to be transitioning to a new system.

C. Wagon.

Well, they announced today that Vick is our starter against Atlanta, so it's moot at this point, but to your point if we utilize McCoy more, are you saying Foles can't hand off the ball at this level???

I'm sure Foles could, but you can't be one dimensional either. Right now, you're one dimensional towards pass...by choice. I think it's a huge disservice to Eagles fans made by the coaching staff headed by Reid. If Reid decided to actually run the ball more often, perhaps Vick wouldn't be struggling as much as he is?

Come this offseason, we'll all see how hitched Vick and Reid truly are. I think if the trend continues, you'll see Vick get dumped in the offseason. If that happens, I can't help but view that as an admission of an error, a mistake...that was made by none other than Reid himself. Reid brought Vick in. Reid put the O Line coach in charge of the defense. Reid's already proven to the world that he made a mistake with the coaching assignment. If Vick is cut, that's two huge blows for Reid to overcome in order to keep his job. And that goes beyond the record too.

Agreed...I thought there defense was pretty solid and that wide nine was a starting to really pay out for them...bucked the G-Men good for 3 quarters.......I just checked and their D is ranked number 6......this makes no sense cause it doesn't appear to be broken...why fix it.

The good news for us...hopefully the new DC will fuck with the scheme - mid season.....and get them all fucked up when they can least afford to be transitioning to a new system.

C. Wagon.

D was not broken, as you said. This is why it's viewed by many as a 'saving face' move by Reid. The D is actually what's kept them in, and in a few cases actually won, the games that the offense has tried its best to lose.

I'm sure Foles could, but you can't be one dimensional either. Right now, you're one dimensional towards pass...by choice. I think it's a huge disservice to Eagles fans made by the coaching staff headed by Reid. If Reid decided to actually run the ball more often, perhaps Vick wouldn't be struggling as much as he is?

Come this offseason, we'll all see how hitched Vick and Reid truly are. I think if the trend continues, you'll see Vick get dumped in the offseason. If that happens, I can't help but view that as an admission of an error, a mistake...that was made by none other than Reid himself. Reid brought Vick in. Reid put the O Line coach in charge of the defense. Reid's already proven to the world that he made a mistake with the coaching assignment. If Vick is cut, that's two huge blows for Reid to overcome in order to keep his job. And that goes beyond the record too.

There's no question that we'll dump Vick if he keeps turning the ball over. That said, there's no question Reid will be fired if Vick keeps turning the ball over because there will be no playoffs and as I said before, no playoffs= Reid shitcanned.

C. Wagon.

I wouldn't put all of my eggs in that basket Chuck. The new guy isn't going to change much of anything. He used to coach under Parcells you know?

so do we have to hear "wide 9" 40 times a game when they're on national tv still?

The latest interview with Bowles: Bowles said he’ll continue using the Wide 9 alignment up front. Asked what he wants to change on defense, he mentioned finishing games – the Eagles have lost seven games in the last two years that they led in the fourth quarter; generating turnovers, something the Eagles haven’t done all year; and improving pass pressure.

“I think we’re talented,” he said. “We're as talented as anybody in the league, but we've got to work together and put it together and make sure each person's talent gets showcased.”

The Eagles are 29th in the NFL with just seven sacks after leading the NFL with 50 last year. They have none in their last three games.

“We have to scheme it better and help those guys get free,” Bowles said. “We are watching the self-scouts right now, and in those reports and what we see on film, we’ll try to adjust from there.”

Breaking Eagles news announcement ...............

THEY ARE A BUNCH OF C**TS

A bunch of C**TS that still managed to beat the Gnats. So if we're C**TS, what exactly does that make YOU? Smelly Tw@ts, thats what. Lucky...smelly... Tw@ts.