SportsWrath

Injury update

Nas

Well, Canty should be back next week. Barden (out with a concussion) could be back next week. Hosley should be back next week considering he played yesterday and didn't get hurt (that I know of). Not sure about Phillips or Andre Brown. Will the Thrill still has 3 weeks suspension left so he definitely won't be ready for next game.

Well, Canty should be back next week. Barden (out with a concussion) could be back next week. Hosley should be back next week considering he played yesterday and didn't get hurt (that I know of). Not sure about Phillips or Andre Brown. Will the Thrill still has 3 weeks suspension left so he definitely won't be ready for next game.

I think having Canty back will be huge... both in terms of the DT position and the rotation (Tuck back to DE). Hosley and Prince look like the future of our DBs and I anticipate Rolle being cut in favor of Stevie Brown (unless he restructures).

I think having Canty back will be huge... both in terms of the DT position and the rotation (Tuck back to DE). Hosley and Prince look like the future of our DBs and I anticipate Rolle being cut in favor of Stevie Brown (unless he restructures).

Rolles not going anywhere - especially after yesterday. Stevie Brown has been very good, but he's still an understudy of Rolle.

The only person on the roster who looks expendable to me is Jernigan. And in all fairness to him, they drafted him to be the slot receiver of the future to replace Steve Smith. But Cruz came out of nowhere and laid claim to that spot for good. It hasn't helped that Jernigan hasn't shown much when given the opportunity and with Randle and Wilson taking over at the return game on ST, I don't see a spot for him on the 53 man roster. And in the mean time, Hixon, Randle, and Barden have shown flashes worthy of the 3th, 4th and 5th WR spots and Douglas working out on the practice squad looks like a better future receiver than Jernigan.

Jernigan might have a chance to be an NFL WR, but I don't think it's going to happen with the Giants. We are sooooo deep at WR that a player has to be really special to get playing time on this team.

Rolles not going anywhere - especially after yesterday. Stevie Brown has been very good, but he's still an understudy of Rolle.

The only person on the roster who looks expendable to me is Jernigan. And in all fairness to him, they drafted him to be the slot receiver of the future to replace Steve Smith. But Cruz came out of nowhere and laid claim to that spot for good. It hasn't helped that Jernigan hasn't shown much when given the opportunity and with Randle and Wilson taking over at the return game on ST, I don't see a spot for him on the 53 man roster. And in the mean time, Hixon, Randle, and Barden have shown flashes worthy of the 3th, 4th and 5th WR spots and Douglas working out on the practice squad looks like a better future receiver than Jernigan.

Jernigan might have a chance to be an NFL WR, but I don't think it's going to happen with the Giants. We are sooooo deep at WR that a player has to be really special to get playing time on this team.

Follow the money trail Bleedin. No way we can pay the likes of Cruz without someone like Rolle restructuring.. no doubt he's a pretty good safety... just not $9,000,000 good.

Rolle's been worth what we've paid him simply in the flexibility he's provided. He's played CB, S, and LB for us as injuries mounted over the past several years. He actually catches interceptions. That said, in order to pay other guys and stay competitive, Rolle has to realize that there are guys behind him on the depth chart that are showing promise and that there are other priorities on this team.

I think the Giants should ask him to restructure in the offseason to lessen his cap hit and if he chooses not to, then it's on him to find a new team. Even if he'd save us 2 million per year, it'd be a huge contribution to the team.