SportsWrath

So is Prince "The mook" still a bust?

BlueInCanada

Just wondering? :confused:

I mean a lot of people were saying by week one that he was a huge waste of a pick and shouldn't even be on the team.

Some posters (Jacky-boo-boo) even wanted to put him on PuP or season ending IR.

I'm just wondering now that he has actually played on the field, do people still think he's a bust?

He's played great this season and is showing the kind of consistency on a week to week basis that is expected of a CB taken in the first round. Sometimes, people need to withhold judgement while a player is battling the injury bug at the same time he is adjusting to the NFL as a rookie. The kid can play some corner.

He's played great this season and is showing the kind of consistency on a week to week basis that is expected of a CB taken in the first round. Sometimes, people need to withhold judgement while a player is battling the injury bug at the same time he is adjusting to the NFL as a rookie. The kid can play some corner.

And making two of his first three appearances ever against the Packers and Saints.

-Z

He's looking really good. As brought up, it's hard to evaluate a person with such a short sample size and it takes a couple of years worth of play to really make a good judgement. But considering that it's one of the toughest jobs in the NFL, and given that he's a rookie just getting his feet wet.......he sure looks like he is going to be something special. CB's tend to get better with experience, so could very well be that he will get better and better as time goes by. That would be great for the team.

I was also reading an article about how Rolle was praising his performance, they had talked specifically about how to cover that play since last year the 9ers used it successfully against them. Seems he is starting to learn the Zone schemes and the only way to do that is in game situations.

I think some people were just frustrated that he hadn't made it through camp healthy in either season. I can't imagine them actually believing he was a bust.It's the most athletically demanding position and he had a foot injury. Not a very good combination. He definitely looks good so far. Him and Hosley have the potential to form a nice tandem down the line. They might even end up being better than the two Wills.

I think some people were just frustrated that he hadn't made it through camp healthy in either season. I can't imagine them actually believing he was a bust.It's the most athletically demanding position and he had a foot injury. Not a very good combination. He definitely looks good so far. Him and Hosley have the potential to form a nice tandem down the line. They might even end up being better than the two Wills.

They already are.

Prince is the man. Never doubted him.

He's just gonna keep getting better and better for a year or two as well.

Hopefully he stays healthy, him and Hosely give us two very good young CBs although I see Hosely as more of a nickel guy.

Prince is probly about to pass Webster as our best CB.

Guest StrahansGap

I admit I called him a bust. Though, like Sephiroth said...jury is still out. If he plays this way for the rest of the season and the playoffs, WITHOUT A SIGNIFICANT INJURY....I'll give him his props. Until then, my opinion is the same....

I admit I called him a bust. Though, like Sephiroth said...jury is still out. If he plays this way for the rest of the season and the playoffs, WITHOUT A SIGNIFICANT INJURY....I'll give him his props. Until then, my opinion is the same....

I'm not one who holds a player's injuries against him.. only to the extent of conditioning. It's a tough game and these things happen.

If only they'd learn to stretch better, :rolleyes:

I stand by it... pulled hamstrings, quads, groin and pectoral tears outside of a freak accident is almost always avoided with better muscle flexibility. Age takes it's toll however.