SportsWrath

All Alone in First Place

BleedinBlue

I'm surprised that we are in first place in the division considering some of the games we've played and looked awful. And the worst of it is, our 2 losses are against division rivals. We should've beaten the Eagles and I can't think of a good excuse why we were beat down by the lowly Cowboys.

Regardless...we have a tough schedule ahead of us and we need to start putting it to our division rivals or we're going to miss the playoffs due to a technicality. It will be a good start if we stomp down the Redskins and corral RG III next weekend. They are starting to look like a dangerous team.

I'm surprised that we are in first place in the division considering some of the games we've played and looked awful. And the worst of it is, our 2 losses are against division rivals. We should've beaten the Eagles and I can't think of a good excuse why we were beat down by the lowly Cowboys.

Regardless...we have a tough schedule ahead of us and we need to start putting it to our division rivals or we're going to miss the playoffs due to a technicality. It will be a good start if we stomp down the Redskins and corral RG III next weekend. They are starting to look like a dangerous team.

Our next two games are as pivotal as I could imagine.. we can not afford to have a losing record in the division...

Our next two games are as pivotal as I could imagine.. we can not afford to have a losing record in the division...

If the Giants can win the rest of the NFC East games and pick up a win against the Bengals... 9 wins will get them into the playoffs.

The Baltimore game close to the end of the year looks a lot more winnable now. This is a rough schedule, no doubt, but our team is very good. I think we beat the Skins twice. I think we beat the Bengals. The Steelers, while still a dangerous team, are struggling right now without Polamalu and Woodley. Now Maurkice Pouncey hurt his MCL last Thursday night as well, and they couldn't run the ball against the sad defense of the Titans. Not saying it will be an easy game, but I like our chances.

I think we can realistically go 4-0 leading up to the bye. The key game will be Dallas on the road. Hopefully we get the bad Romo, and our pass rush will cause problems. Canty will help. Right now, they just have to win the games they are supposed to win (especially beating Redskins twice), and the Giants will be in great shape. I'm hoping for a bye week this year, and though it will be tough, I think they can do it.

Bleed,

Why do you hate the Giants? Why do you continue jinxing this team?

Ha, ha......never thought of that. But don't worry, as long as ESPN continues to say the Cowboys are much improved and will win the division if they can get by the Eagles.....we'll be fine.

As well as we've played, the Cowboys and Eagles have been nothing short of perplexing. When a team decides they have to dumb down the playbook, that's never good. And Vicks performances, plus the fact the eagles "super d" with no pass rush, have been pretty startling. To think we are 2 yards away from 5-1.

That's a huge loss.....I think that Ngota dude got hurt as well, not sure what his status is.

I think they get Suggs back soon, though.

They lost their best corner Webb to a torn acl as well. Tough week for them. Our schedule is tough but this team can beat anybody when they're playing fundamentally sound and everything is firing on all cylinders. Yesterdays win was a big "fuck you you haven't arrived yet" to the 49ers. It reminded me of the '08 season before things went south. Hopefully this gives them added confidence and momentum to go on a nice run. There's no reason they can't do that, especially with the team getting healthier and the o-line and secondary starting to really gel.

The 0-2 division record is worrisome, but don't forget that the overall record is the first order of ranking. Division record only comes to play when teams are tied. So even if we're 10-6, being 0-6 in the division...if the other teams are 9-7, we still take the division. We're 4-2 at this point...we need 6-4 down the stretch to pretty much guarantee playoffs.

I think we take the Cowboys and Eagles in our next games with them. I think, so long as Osi actually keeps containment on RG3, we can beat the Redskins twice. If we lose containment repeatedly, then we'll split with the Redskins. Either way, I see at least 3 division wins for us.

We beat the Steelers...they're beat up and even when healthy, aren't as good as the aura around them suggests.

Has history taught you guys nothing? Worry about one game and one game ONLY: Washington. This Sunday. Period. Lay another egg against them this week and we have a whole new paradign.

Has history taught you guys nothing? Worry about one game and one game ONLY: Washington. This Sunday. Period. Lay another egg against them this week and we have a whole new paradign.

That's the coaches' job. As a fan I'll take the opportunity to look ahead.

Personally that's all I have my sights on (Although I've been on Expedia.com a lot recently looking at that Atlanta trip.. it's 50/50 right now)

The 0-2 division record is worrisome, but don't forget that the overall record is the first order of ranking. Division record only comes to play when teams are tied. So even if we're 10-6, being 0-6 in the division...if the other teams are 9-7, we still take the division. We're 4-2 at this point...we need 6-4 down the stretch to pretty much guarantee playoffs.

I think we take the Cowboys and Eagles in our next games with them. I think, so long as Osi actually keeps containment on RG3, we can beat the Redskins twice. If we lose containment repeatedly, then we'll split with the Redskins. Either way, I see at least 3 division wins for us.

We beat the Steelers...they're beat up and even when healthy, aren't as good as the aura around them suggests.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kiwi and JPP at the ends......Osi pretty much sucks against the run, and RG3 is basically a running back that can also throw.

I hate having to play a good team coming off a hard loss because that team is out for blood. It's one of the best indicators of how a game will go. I actually felt sorry for Seattle the other night because they were going up against SF and even though they are a solid team this year.....the 49'rs needed revenge after the ass whoopin they got from the Giants the week before. Seattle was going to be their bitch no matter what.

Anyhow.....the skins are coming off a high after knocking the vikes around last week. I use that as an indicator that they will get mopped up today against our Giants.

5-2 Baby!!! :rock: