SportsWrath

Will Hill suspended 4 games

osi724dasack

Geesh......the guy is getting a second chance after screwing up his life and he pulls this shit.

I thought this was a joke at first, but found the story:

The Giants today added Tyler Sash to their 53-man roster but in the process lost another safety when the NFL announced that Will Hill has been suspended for four games for violating the NFL’s policy on performance-enhancing substances – the same punishment that forced Sash to miss the season’s first four games.

Hill’s suspension begins immediately. He will be eligible to return to the Giants’ active roster on Monday, November 5, following the team’s November 4 game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The Giants had received a roster exemption last week for Sash, who practiced but was not activated for the team’s 41-27 victory yesterday over Cleveland.

Hill was suspended for using Adderral, the same medication for which Sash was suspended.

“I received a doctor’s prescription for Adderall prior to signing with the Giants,” Hill said. “Shortly after signing with the team, I was in a meeting with (director of player development) Charles Way, who reviewed the list of the league’s banned substances. I knew at that point that this may be an issue. I was tested and the results came back that Adderall was in my system. I appealed but lost the appeal. I accept full responsibility for this situation, and it won’t happen again. The Giants have given me a great opportunity when nobody else would, and I don’t take that for granted. I feel badly this has happened. I will work hard and stay in great shape these next four weeks so I can come back and contribute to this team after my suspension.”

Hill was signed as a free agent on May 14, after impressing the coaching staff as a tryout at the rookie minicamp. He has played in all five games this season and has seven tackles (six solo) on defense and four solo tackles and a forced fumble on special teams. Against Cleveland, Hill had three unassisted tackles and forced a fumble on a kickoff that was recovered by Stevie Brown and led to a Giants touchdown.

Sash, a second-year pro, was the Giants’ sixth-round draft choice in 2011. As a rookie, he played in all 16 regular-season and four postseason games, with most of his action coming on special teams. He also saw action as a reserve defensive back. In the regular season, Sash had three tackles (two solo) on defense and 15 tackles (11 solo) on special teams, the second-highest total on the team (another rookie, Jacquin Williams, had 17). His postseason totals included two solo defensive tackles and five special-teams tackles (two solo).

Jesus effing Christ! The league really has to look at this drug. It just shouldn't be lumped with HGH and the like. This kid was really starting to come on. Losing these four weeks will set him back but he can still contribute down the stretch, I hope.

Jesus effing Christ! The league really has to look at this drug. It just shouldn't be lumped with HGH and the like. This kid was really starting to come on. Losing these four weeks will set him back but he can still contribute down the stretch, I hope.

I agree....it's a completely legal drug used for ADHD and prescribed by doctors. It has gotten Andre Brown, then Sash, and now Hill.

I wonder if players from other teams' players have had the same problem.

It's not linked with HGH. They don't test for HGH!

Sounds like the league needs to look at their banned substance list to exclude stuff that is prescribed for legitimate medical uses.

Then everyone could get their "anxiety disorders" treated! Aderall is an amphetamine. These kids know this stuff is banned. It's banned in college too.

It's not linked with HGH. They don't test for HGH!

Drug testing is a joke. It's why athletes only get caught with low end stimulants by accident. The real shit is very hard to catch and too expensive to implement. It's the same in the Olympics.

As for other players Haden was suspended for same substance.

Even if the kid needs it, how is he not clearing this with Giants doctors is just stupid.

“I received a doctor’s prescription for Adderall prior to signing with the Giants,” Hill said. “Shortly after signing with the team, I was in a meeting with (director of player development) Charles Way, who reviewed the list of the league’s banned substances. I knew at that point that this may be an issue.

“I received a doctor’s prescription for Adderall prior to signing with the Giants,” Hill said. “Shortly after signing with the team, I was in a meeting with (director of player development) Charles Way, who reviewed the list of the league’s banned substances. I knew at that point that this may be an issue.

Will Hill said he found out that Adderall (a DR's Prescription) was on the "Banned" list as soon as he signed with the Giants. Now My question is why would Goodell Wait till week 5 to suspend Will Hill? If I remember right Sash was taking Adderall in March or April When he found out ...... I don't get the Timing of these suspensions ...... If Chuck Pagano's Dr. prescribes him a couple joints a week will he be suspended ( I didn't really want to go there but I did.) God speed chuck

Will Hill said he found out that Adderall (a DR's Prescription) was on the "Banned" list as soon as he signed with the Giants. Now My question is why would Goodell Wait till week 5 to suspend Will Hill? If I remember right Sash was taking Adderall in March or April When he found out ...... I don't get the Timing of these suspensions ...... If Chuck Pagano's Dr. prescribes him a couple joints a week will he be suspended ( I didn't really want to go there but I did.) God speed chuck

Further Proof that Goodell's a 9er fan.

I don't think Sash appealed it, where Hill did. It was probably a decison by the team so they weren't both out at the same time, which was a brilliant move if I'm right.

I don't think Sash appealed it, where Hill did. It was probably a decison by the team so they weren't both out at the same time, which was a brilliant move if I'm right.

Sash appealed and lost...so will Hill..Andre Brown...before Sash.... that tested positve for this...and appealed and won.....I think there is something going on in their meetings...the older guys need to show these guys how to do this shit right. ..or get caught up with the new testing practice.

C. wagon .