SportsWrath

Is Jernigan turning into Sinorice Moss?

BleedinBlue

Seems there was a lot of hype surrounding Jernigan last year and being a 3rd round draft pick, the expectations are usually high. But I don't think I've heard his name mentioned all year. Hixon, Barden, and Randle are getting playing time, but I don't see Jernigan anywhere. And I haven't read anything about him being injured, so I was just wondering what's going on with the guy.

Last year they were kind of grooming him to return kicks, but it looks to me as though Wilson has snatched up that job and it would be very hard for anyone to take it away from him.

Regardless, if Jernigan is turning into Moss.....we should cut our losses earlier than later. We still have Douglas on the practice squad who played better in practice and in preseason games than Jernigan so it's not like we need to keep a roster spot for a guy who never sees the field......especially with Sash coming back.

Just wondering......does anyone know something I don't know about this guy? Thoughts?

Already done more than Sinorice. Not a bust just buried in the mix. He was drafted primarily for special teams and a year later just not the best special teamer and there are other receivers on the roster that were drafted for their receiving skills and are taking advantage of the current opportunity. Still time for Jernigan to improve and have to hope that he will. Hell Barden has been here 4 years and just found his game. Giants have an odd attachment to under-performing first day WR's.

Jernigan was a waste of a pick, pure and simple.....correct me if I'm wrong, but that was a 3rd round pick....... could have grabbed a capable offensive lineman or linebacker.

Who's to say that lineman or linebacker didn't turn out to be a waste of space as well?

Jernigan was a pick when the Giants had no return game and no depth at WR outside of Nicks and Hixon (got to keep in mind we didn't know about the one they call Cruz)

Just turns out he has become expendable now, not to mention useless.

JJ can play.

Only a matter of time.

He's a poor mans Percey Harvin

If that's the case trade him now.

You will never see Gilly use him as a runner or wild cat QB.

Not to mention, I dont want to him to see the field ahead of Nicks/Cruz/Hixon/Randle or even Wilson on designed plays.

We have a dangerous, dangerous WR corps, especially when Nicks comes back. Every one of these guys can play and it will be nice to see them all back and on the field on game day. Even Barden. Reminds me of the problem the Saints have had for years....too many good WRs.

Who's to say that lineman or linebacker didn't turn out to be a waste of space as well?

Jernigan was a pick when the Giants had no return game and no depth at WR outside of Nicks and Hixon (got to keep in mind we didn't know about the one they call Cruz)

Just turns out he has become expendable now, not to mention useless.

Pfffffffffftttttttt

We need offensive lineman more than WRs at this point.

Personally, I think Eli can turn anyone into a decent WR. Not knocking the talents of our receivers, but Eli is in tune with their brains and he has confidence in them and vice versa - if they don't have confidence in him, he builds confidence.

Still....like was pointed out by someone, we needed a return guy that could make a few big plays returning the ball and be a steady threat. Jernigan was supposed to be that guy, but he didn't flash a lot of "wow" plays and with Wilson, Hixon, and Randle all better at returning kicks.....I think Jernigan's days are numbered. Not to mention, David Douglas is a far better option at WR and the longer he sits on the practice squad, the bigger chance another team will snag him. Cowboys have actually shown interest in him and will take him off our squad if one of their receivers go down. I say, "cut JJ, put DD on our roster".

We have a dangerous, dangerous WR corps, especially when Nicks comes back. Every one of these guys can play and it will be nice to see them all back and on the field on game day. Even Barden. Reminds me of the problem the Saints have had for years....too many good WRs.

Remember the years we only had toomer and hiliard? Holy crap - it actually feels good to read your post and think that we actually have too much of a good thing and dont know who to drop. Kinda like a fantasy roster where all your 4th to 10th round picks become stars by week 5 and you dont know who to drop to play for a BYE, K or Defense - Im facing that shit. McGahee, Decker, Crabtree, Austin, Ryan Mathews - all have potential and I i need to pick some shit kicker :)