SportsWrath

Is Justin Tuck still on the team?

NeMesiS

It's early in the year, but maybe age and wear and tear are starting to show a bit with some of our guys. Tuck and Osi have been quiet. Webster hasn't looked the same. It isn't time to panic but it's not unreasonable to think that could be the case.

It's early in the year, but maybe age and wear and tear are starting to show a bit with some of our guys. Tuck and Osi have been quiet. Webster hasn't looked the same. It isn't time to panic but it's not unreasonable to think that could be the case.

You could be right, I mean even Strahan had a fall off but still could dominate when it mattered, no one played the run better then he did. I guess that's what happens when you are a HoF DE. Tuck you can tell is still banged up, after last season and being a walking emergency room, I'm surprised he didnt mess anything up permanently. People know my feelings on Osi, he's a loud mouth when he entered the league, he will be one when he leaves, he's had a couple great seasons but seems to disappear when it matters most. How Osi has played this season isnt surprising, bitched about the money and then doesnt show up for it.

Webster still plays strong, he's just giving up the big plays it might be because the D-line is getting no where near the pressure that it used to in previous years, allowing the WRs to run free. I mean Vick has a lot of time to throw and having Jackson run free in the secondary with almost limitless time, going to be hard to cover, same thing happened with Tampa Bay with Vincent Jackson.

I will say I can't wait for Ojomo to get that hammy healed up and hopefully it's nothing that lingers throughout his career. Fresh set of legs at the DE spot.

I saw people in green jerseys pulling on his shirt all night

he was out there

Somebody call the WAAAAAm-bulance. Not sure which game you were watching, but there were bad calls on both sides of the ball last night. Iggs just have the G-men's nuber yo. 8 out of 9 times isn't a fluke or a bad call fellas.

Somebody call the WAAAAAm-bulance. Not sure which game you were watching, but there were bad calls on both sides of the ball last night. Iggs just have the G-men's nuber yo. 8 out of 9 times isn't a fluke or a bad call fellas.

Were having a team meeting tommorrow........do you suppose you could get Mike Vick up here with his shine box to shine our rings and Lombardi Trophy's.........Eli has promised to teach him how to hit the broad side of a barn if he does all 53 rings

You could be right, I mean even Strahan had a fall off but still could dominate when it mattered, no one played the run better then he did. I guess that's what happens when you are a HoF DE. Tuck you can tell is still banged up, after last season and being a walking emergency room, I'm surprised he didnt mess anything up permanently. People know my feelings on Osi, he's a loud mouth when he entered the league, he will be one when he leaves, he's had a couple great seasons but seems to disappear when it matters most. How Osi has played this season isnt surprising, bitched about the money and then doesnt show up for it.

Webster still plays strong, he's just giving up the big plays it might be because the D-line is getting no where near the pressure that it used to in previous years, allowing the WRs to run free. I mean Vick has a lot of time to throw and having Jackson run free in the secondary with almost limitless time, going to be hard to cover, same thing happened with Tampa Bay with Vincent Jackson.

I will say I can't wait for Ojomo to get that hammy healed up and hopefully it's nothing that lingers throughout his career. Fresh set of legs at the DE spot.

Yet we pay him MORE money for this season without extending him, i.e. for no reason, and we let guys like Aaron Ross walk. Brilliant!

Yet we pay him MORE money for this season without extending him, i.e. for no reason, and we let guys like Aaron Ross walk. Brilliant!

I don't think Ross would help this secondary.

Has anyone watched him in Jax? Besides the Jags are 20th in pass defense, the Giants are 19th, not like he would be making this team any better heh

I don't think Ross would help this secondary.

Has anyone watched him in Jax? Besides the Jags are 20th in pass defense, the Giants are 19th, not like he would be making this team any better heh

True, but he's healthy.

I just didn't get that move back then and I don't get it now. People said he'd be 'happy' and less 'distracted' because he wasn't getting paid like a top tier DE. Instead, as I figured, he'd become even more of a lazy, one-dimensional, rotational player than he already is. What a laugh I got when he declared he was a top 5 DE. Like Mccoy says, he barely cracks the top 4 on the Giants and that's only because I'm not sure what Ojomo could bring...

True, but he's healthy.

I just didn't get that move back then and I don't get it now. People said he'd be 'happy' and less 'distracted' because he wasn't getting paid like a top tier DE. Instead, as I figured, he'd become even more of a lazy, one-dimensional, rotational player than he already is. What a laugh I got when he declared he was a top 5 DE. Like Mccoy says, he barely cracks the top 4 on the Giants and that's only because I'm not sure what Ojomo could bring...

I'm not disagreeing with you Storm, hell you remember who was agreeing with you in those threads about how much of a loud mouth Osi was?

I was saying to trade him last season and get what we can, he will take the money and run, sign with some scrub team that will overpay in the off season and laugh about the time he robbed the Giants of cap room.

omfg Ross sucked major balls... don't even go there. I'm fucking glad he's gone.

So Osi's supposed to NOT rush the passer on passing plays? Just "stay home" and let Vick throw? He did what he was supposed to do; distrupt the passing play. An LB is supposed to have contain on Vick in that situation, probably Blackburn.

too many times he took the inside track, got to Vick and Vick just ran around him

He should have learned you have to funnel Vick back to the middle (where you should have help), not give him a wide open sideline......that killed us

My biggest gripe is Fewell started to dial back the blitz as the game went on........he always errs on the cautious side, so we die of a thousand khife cuts

Were having a team meeting tommorrow........do you suppose you could get Mike Vick up here with his shine box to shine our rings and Lombardi Trophy's.........Eli has promised to teach him how to hit the broad side of a barn if he does all 53 rings

Sure you wanna go there Jack? I saw the turnover stats from Sunday nights game. Vick - 0. Eli - 1. The actual facts don't bode well for your argument here. Just sayin... at 3-1 it's clear that Vick can overcome his picks early in the season and our D prevents other teams from capitalizing on them. Yeah, G-men have Lombardis and pretty rings. Eagles don't. You keep singing the same song. You're starting to sound like a cowballs fan Jack :laugh:

Sure you wanna go there Jack? I saw the turnover stats from Sunday nights game. Vick - 0. Eli - 1. The actual facts don't bode well for your argument here. Just sayin... at 3-1 it's clear that Vick can overcome his picks early in the season and our D prevents other teams from capitalizing on them. Yeah, G-men have Lombardis and pretty rings. Eagles don't. You keep singing the same song. You're starting to sound like a cowballs fan Jack :laugh:

Eagles played a tough game, you only need to look at the punter's stats to see that.

P.S. I fucking despise Desean Jackson.

That's why we lost that game. That INT by Eli. It was not a good throw and it surprised me that he made a decision like that. For the record, Vick threw a pass or two that should've been picked. But I agree, Philly protected the ball and we didn't, and that's why we lost the game. That one is on Eli. Among a couple of other reasons. I look forward to the next meeting.

That's why we lost that game. That INT by Eli. It was not a good throw and it surprised me that he made a decision like that. For the record, Vick threw a pass or two that should've been picked. But I agree, Philly protected the ball and we didn't, and that's why we lost the game. That one is on Eli. Among a couple of other reasons. I look forward to the next meeting.

I fully expect to lose in the meadowlands. I will be very surprised if we don't drop that one.

So Osi's supposed to NOT rush the passer on passing plays? Just "stay home" and let Vick throw? He did what he was supposed to do; distrupt the passing play. An LB is supposed to have contain on Vick in that situation, probably Blackburn.

No, he's not always supposed to rush the passer. In a traditional 4-3, typically the defensive ends have outside contain. Sometimes it could be an outside linebacker and a DE, depending on alignment.

Often teams will counter Vick with something called a 'mush rush', something I first heard of that when teams would play against Barry Sanders. The idea is that the defensive line focuses on gap control to an extreme, controlling their depth so they never go deeper in the backfield than the player they're trying to control and, for the DEs, stay to their outside. Instead of racing to take down the target, the QB in this case, the defense more carefully encircles him.

Its impossible to know for sure, but it looked to me like that was the plan on Sunday night too. Executed poorly by our favorite ballerina.