SportsWrath

Philadeplhia fans throwing in the towel

JackStroud

I'll be here, but my Iggs will still be at the top of the NFCE. And I guess you're losing your eyesight because the emoticoN I used was directed to Nas' post. My reply to you was emoticon free Jackie boy. Don't backpedal on the under-inflated ball BS now Jack. You were serious and you know it. Serious as a heart attack and mad as hell yesterday morning. :laugh: As I've already stated elsewhere, I fully expect the Iggs to lose in game two and YES Jackie boy... I'll be right here taking my lumps like a real man. Not whining about under-inflated footballs, calls the refs missed or any other BS excuse for why your team put up more points than mine did... Unless they do put up more points than your team AGAIN :LMAO:

Ok Ok you are a good poster........I felt so bad for poor Dr Crue last night, he's a southern gentleman with a good heart.

But I was kidding about the balls.....I knew it was a sloppy rain soaked field.....apparently Coughlin and Gilbride did not notice the conditions or they would have settled for a out pass to Cruz or just kicked it from the 27..congrats for dodging another Eli 4th QTr comeback.

Ok Ok you are a good poster........I felt so bad for poor Dr Crue last night, he's a southern gentleman with a good heart.

But I was kidding about the balls.....I knew it was a sloppy rain soaked field.....apparently Coughlin and Gilbride did not notice the conditions or they would have settled for a out pass to Cruz or just kicked it from the 27..congrats for dodging another Eli 4th QTr comeback.

Coughlin said yesterday that he played it conservative because of "all of the bad things that could have happened." And I respect him for that for taking the heat off Eli and Tynes with that comment. I wish the Walrus would own up to his mistakes and ego trips like your coach does.

Well today he said he ordered the long pass as his philosophy is to always be aggressive

He admitted it was a bad idea

Barden is not to blame......saying had he not assaulted Namdi it was a sure INT

Just a clusterfuck all way around

Since we have declared a sort of truce I would be very happy if you admitted tackling Tuck from behind is not legal offensive line play.....would that kill you?

Well today he said he ordered the long pass as his philosophy is to always be aggressive

He admitted it was a bad idea

Barden is not to blame......saying had he not assaulted Namdi it was a sure INT

Just a clusterfuck all way around

Since we have declared a sort of truce I would be very happy if you admitted tackling Tuck from behind is not legal offensive line play.....would that kill you?

:laugh: of course it's not Jack, but that's football. I saw quite a few holds on our guys as well. They were letting them play. Thing is, you have to put enough points on the board to overcome a bad call here and there. I've been an Iggs fan for a very long time and amongst my circle; claiming that the refs favored the Eagles in ANY game will get you laughed out of the room.

:laugh: of course it's not Jack, but that's football. I saw quite a few holds on our guys as well. They were letting them play. Thing is, you have to put enough points on the board to overcome a bad call here and there. I've been an Iggs fan for a very long time and amongst my circle; claiming that the refs favored the Eagles in ANY game will get you laughed out of the room.

good point......we did not want it badly enough, and sitting Brown was an unmittigated disaster. He is very similar to McCoy in that you have to leave him in their to eventually find his holes. Coughlin has this "loyalty" thing for injured Vets that sometimes drives me nuts

good point......we did not want it badly enough, and sitting Brown was an unmittigated disaster. He is very similar to McCoy in that you have to leave him in their to eventually find his holes. Coughlin has this "loyalty" thing for injured Vets that sometimes drives me nuts

Wilson... Scares the hell out of me. Seems like the G-men could get creative with that kid and do great things.

He is best in open space (who isnt)......has the Bradshw disease of no patience, and runs straight into his own tackles ass

If we used him with pitchouts, reverses (not a big Coughlin favorite), and screens he could do significant damage.

I'd use him as a slot receiver.......he has great hands, and you saw the speed.....he is also very rugged

He is best in open space (who isnt)......has the Bradshw disease of no patience, and runs straight into his own tackles ass

If we used him with pitchouts, reverses (not a big Coughlin favorite), and screens he could do significant damage.

I'd use him as a slot receiver.......he has great hands, and you saw the speed.....he is also very rugged

He's a bigger version of Djax in my eyes.

This is just not an out of the box organization.......not early adopters... As before Bs before Cs

They believe in everything by the book with possible exception of running the ball to the middle of a sloppy field to win a hard fought knife fight. LOL

The last time they ran a reverse was 2006..........flea flicker 1988......fake punts are strictly frowned upon

watayagonnadue

This is just not an out of the box organization.......not early adopters... As before Bs before Cs

They believe in everything by the book with possible exception of running the ball to the middle of a sloppy field to win a hard fought knife fight. LOL

The last time they ran a reverse was 2006..........flea flicker 1988......fake punts are strictly frowned upon

watayagonnadue

Fuhgetaboutit.

watayagonnadue

Kerry Collins who you hate, ran flea flickers pretty regularly. Toomer and him connected coming out of halftime one year....

http://kerrycfan.tripod.com/newsarchive/dissection.html

^^From a google search ^^

Here's one he didn't connect with Toomer on....during the 2000 season.....

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2000-12-24/sports/18157613_1_giants-safety-shaun-williams-amani-toomer-tiki-barber

Coughlin doesn't run them, though, so to the best of my knowledge, we've yet to see an Eli flea flicker...but there was a time when the Giants under Fassel ran trick plays.

Here's where the Giants called a fake punt while being dominated by the Saints last year....it was called by Coughlin, called off by Coughlin, and ran by Weatherford anyway....

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/8784/weatherford-on-fake-my-fault-plain-and-simple

Here's one where he called a fake punt just this past preseason....

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/sports/Giants-Patriots-Score-Coughlin-Preseason-New-England-New-York-129035053.html

Hey storm I was kidding about the dates but old Ironpants has trick play issues....I loved the fake punt direct snaps Parcells uses to run.....no one does that anymore....go figure

He is a conservative fellow.......I think he finds trick plays embarassing........BTW Lombardi never ran trick plays either

The funniest conservative coach was the original Minny coach......forget his name......refused to allow the players to wear Coats on the sidelines when it was 20 below LOL........froze their asses off

He called a fake punt? did it work?

Hey storm I was kidding about the dates but old Ironpants has trick play issues....I loved the fake punt direct snaps Parcells uses to run.....no one does that anymore....go figure

He is a conservative fellow.......I think he finds trick plays embarassing........BTW Lombardi never ran trick plays either

The funniest conservative coach was the original Minny coach......forget his name......refused to allow the players to wear Coats on the sidelines when it was 20 below LOL........froze their asses off

He called a fake punt? did it work?

That just happened this Sunday, bro....twice that I know of.

Packers:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap1000000067786/Packers-fake-punt

Bengals:

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20120930/SPT02/309300080/Fake-punt-game-changer-Bengals-win

It's as I suspected, you just don't watch that much football.

OHHHHH it was a meaningless scrub game.......whoooppeeee

"Coughlin said he could not remember the last time he ran a fake punt"...........no kidding

Hey BlindGreed- Would Andy ever run a fake punt?

That game and that play are quite possibly the reason Da'Rell Scott is still on the team....

OHHHHH it was a meaningless scrub game.......whoooppeeee

"Coughlin said he could not remember the last time he ran a fake punt"...........no kidding

Hey BlindGreed- Would Andy ever run a fake punt?

Andy will run anything that gets him to the buffet line quicker. Although I doubt you'll see that much this year since his job's on the line.

you hang out long enough here, you will begin to become a Giants fan.........what then?

At least, you will have a secondary team to root for on SB Sunday :o)

:LMAO: Never happen Jack. My father tried for years to make me a cowballs fan to no avail. In fact, I chose the Iggs at a cowballs game he took me to back in the day. Still have the Iggs hat the guy next to us gave me when I told pops I didn't wanna wear his cowballs hat anymore.

:LMAO: Never happen Jack. My father tried for years to make me a cowballs fan to no avail. In fact, I chose the Iggs at a cowballs game he took me to back in the day. Still have the Iggs hat the guy next to us gave me when I told pops I didn't wanna wear his cowballs hat anymore.

Thats a funny story.........reminds me of going to the waterfalls in the Dominacan Republic and my son felt sorry for a native kid and gave him his expensive Nike Hat......giving someone a hat has a lot of meaning.......so you are an Eagles fan and do not actually reside there?

I lived in philly PT for a year back in the 80's.......great restaurants and women there

BTW you were right about calling the tight game that would come down to a FG , congrats on that. I am not suffering from that loss anymore.......actually very pumped that our young talent is getting opportunity to get on the field....it will stand us in good stead later in the year