SportsWrath

LeSean McCoy calls Giants' Osi Umenyiora a 'ballerina'

Treehugger

LeSean McCoy calls Giants' Osi Umenyiora a 'ballerina'

• By Marc Sessler
  • Around the League Writer
  • Published: Sept. 25, 2012 at 03:52 p.m.
  • Updated: Sept. 25, 2012 at 05:20 p.m.

The long-simmering feud between LeSean McCoy and Osi Umenyiora has faithfully reappeared in the days leading up to their clash Sunday night.

The bickering between these two once was confined to Twitter, but McCoy, the Philadelphia Eagles running back, has re-introduced his thorny dislike for the New York Giants pass rusher on an ESPN production slated for Tuesday night. For those who simply can't get enough, the "E:60" special promises to unpack the duo's sometimes-humorous, often-ponderous war of words.

Shady on the show calls Osi "a ballerina in a Giants uniform" and the team's fourth-best defensive lineman.

"Yeah this is for real -- like I don't like Osi," McCoy told the network, per the New York Daily News. "I don't know how he feels. He might think it's a game, but I don't play them type of games. So every time on the field, I would say stuff to him like, 'You is a bum ... You are the third-best defensive lineman on the defense.' Which I didn't lie. Wait, I did lie. He's the fourth now, so I actually did lie."

This comes on the heels of Umenyiora labeling McCoy a "Twitter gangster," "Lady Gaga" and "a little girl" in days past. Osi also tweeted the following rubber bullet in May: "Happy Mother's Day LeSean McCoy! Enjoy your special day!!"

Umenyiora, for his part, has extended an olive branch, calling McCoy "one of the greatest running backs in the league," and acknowledging "I might be a ballerina in a Giants uniform. I'm lucky I got the contract. I'm lucky to be playing 10 years in the league, to have won two Super Bowls. All that is pure luck and I'm happy for him, I'm happy he got his contract and I'm happy everything is working out well for him in Philadelphia."

This can't be the end, but we'd survive if it is.

If this doesn't get him fired up to destroy Vick, nothing will.

However, it would be hysterical if Osi does a ballerina dance after a strip-sack.......I could totally see him do that.

:freaked: oh that would be soooooo great!!!!

I saw something about this last night where both were interviewed about it. Neither are great actors, nor were they capable of keeping a straight face. Media hype.

Yea it's pathetic seeing grown ass men act like Trump vs Rosie.

And as for the Mccoy-Umenyiora beef has been going on since long before E60 existed....it started as tweets and general disrespect from both players in the media, a couple years ago...they might not "hate" each other but they definitely don't like each other. Mccoy made comments about Osi, his livelihood and contract, and his skillset....Umenyiora called Mccoy a Twitter Gangster and poked at him for not having any rings....ESPN didn't try to make it out to be anything more than the media salvos and on-the-field trash talk the two share.