SportsWrath

Seattle Vs. Greenbay

Balloonknot

I feel bad for the Packers. If the Giants lost a game like this there would be blood.

Refs were intimidated into making a hometown call....imagine all the gifts they'll give Philly in that zoo of theirs.

We need the real refs back for next week's games.

Honestly these calls have been happening all the time. But this time it's really going to be a lot more obvious to a lot of the scab ref defenders.

I wonder who re-arranged Pete Carroll's nose?

Mike McCarthy.

I can't stand Pete Carroll.

With all the talk about how the only team that can beat the Green Bay is themselves, its only fair that the refs take a game from the Packers too.

Worst officiated game ever.

But when it comes to the officials lockout, I'm on the NFL's side. The officials demands are ridiculous...its a part time job, why do they get a pension? And worse, they're refusing to agree to transition to full time employment. I think thats the real sticking point here; all the existing officials have successful full time jobs already, and the NFL gig is just an extremely lucrative part time job. And those guys... aren't that good anyway. We may have to suffer for the short term, but if what we get out of it in the long run are full time, professional officials and refs, then I think thats a good thing.

Penny wise, pound foolish.

If this shit keeps up, players are going to strike.

Blatant offensive pass interference, and a clear INT.

Yes and the players and coaches are assholes for trying to bully officials as well...

Yes.. GB got robbed.. big time.

Replacement refs fucking everything up again.

Jennings had the ball, scab gives it to the WR.

This is why you knock the ball down. Jennings should have never been trying for the INT with that much traffic. Anyway these are reviewed with NFL consultants in the booth. I doubt the replacements have much say in video reviews.

The replay official in the booth, I believe, simply decides whether or not the play should be reviewed in those circumstances, like under 2 minutes in each half. I'm not completely sure on this point, but I think the head official still has the responsibility of making the final call after watching the replays.

Replays aren't there to see who has possession of the football.

Yes, but all scoring plays are supposed to be reviewed, I realize what you are saying, regarding simultaneous possession, but the replay clearly shows simultaneous possession never actually occurred. Either way, the officials kicked the shit out of that call in multiple respects.

I went to bed with 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter so I missed the botched call at the end. Seen it all morning on TV and on the internet though.

Regardless.....I like Green Bay....was rooting for Green Bay.....but they hardly deserved the win the way they played. Their offensive line was offensive - I mean putridly offensive. When a virtual unknown DE who couldn't get drafted, couldn't stay on anyone's practice squad, etc., sacks the QB 4 times in just a few minutes of play.....something is seriously wrong with that line. Heck, there was 8 sacks before half time and Rodgers was lucky to avoid several others during that time.

And I like Aaron Rodgers, but he looked like shit half the night.....throwing at the feet of wide open receivers, panicking and throwing the ball away, etc. The play in which he ran for the end zone and stretched it out to get a first down was a very nice play, but overall.....he did not look good for the night.

Games should not be decided by bullshit calls and I imagine this one call alone will force the NFL to do something about getting the professional refs back on the field before the season is lost.

On a completely different note, I thought the Seahawk's new uniforms were friggen great!

I went to bed with 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter so I missed the botched call at the end. Seen it all morning on TV and on the internet though.

Regardless.....I like Green Bay....was rooting for Green Bay.....but they hardly deserved the win the way they played. Their offensive line was offensive - I mean putridly offensive. When a virtual unknown DE who couldn't get drafted, couldn't stay on anyone's practice squad, etc., sacks the QB 4 times in just a few minutes of play.....something is seriously wrong with that line. Heck, there was 8 sacks before half time and Rodgers was lucky to avoid several others during that time.

And I like Aaron Rodgers, but he looked like shit half the night.....throwing at the feet of wide open receivers, panicking and throwing the ball away, etc. The play in which he ran for the end zone and stretched it out to get a first down was a very nice play, but overall.....he did not look good for the night.

Games should not be decided by bullshit calls and I imagine this one call alone will force the NFL to do something about getting the professional refs back on the field before the season is lost.

On a completely different note, I thought the Seahawk's new uniforms were friggen great!

Aaron Rodgers has been feeling the rush since the regular season matchup against the Giants last season. I'm not sure he's the same guy now.

Again, I don't see how this is any different than the calls blown by the "regular" refs in games every week.

Six of one, half-dozen of the other.

At least Green Bay has a built in excuse.

The thing is Seph, with the regular refs, we may have had one bad call like this in the entire season with the regular refs. Think something like Ed Hercules and the Jay Cutler fumble which resulted in a rule change, SD should of won but the play was called dead and Cutler ended up winning the game. Think though, that was the only instance in the last what? three maybe four seasons that a ref has blown a call to lose the game for a team.

With these replacement refs we have already seen in the first three weeks atleast 5 to 10 play calls that have determined the outcome of games, that were absolutely wrong calls. The FG that won the game for the Ravens, has now been shown to be outside the upright. The phantom PI calls against the Skins vs the Rams the negated the Skins winning touchdown. San Fran being awarded multiple challenges despite not having a single timeout left, they still lost againt Minny though.

"They didn't beat us; the refs beat us". Any minute now.

Seattle played a hell of a game against a team that should have creamed them, regardless of how it ended.

Oh, Aaron Rodgers said it right after the game. Wasted no time.

Its been at least three years since another football team beat the Packers, if you listen to what they have to say.