SportsWrath

Good article by Vacchiano on Bradshaw & Brown

JMFP

".....So what happens if a starter gets hurt and his replacement just proves to be better? And is it possible that’s what’s happening right now with the injured Ahmad Bradshaw and his replacement, Andre Brown?

Now, I’m not advocating a switch just yet – please keep that in mind before you send in your nasty emails or go bash me in the comments. I wouldn’t do that after Brown has had a game and a half against two very questionable defenses. But I must admit I’m blown away by how much better the Giants’ rushing attack looks with him doing the running. It’s not just the numbers, either – though the numbers are pretty good with Brown gaining 5.6 yards per carry (33-184).

It’s the power, the efficiency and even the Giants’ long-dormant short-yardage game. Brown hits holes hard, keeps his legs moving and doesn’t go down without a fight – all the things Bradshaw used to do before he suddenly became a very old-looking 26-year-old. Brown is not dancing behind the line of scrimmage. He’s moving straight ahead. And when there’s nothing in front of him, he creates like he did when he bounced of Panthers linebacker Jon Beason on his second carry in the Giants’ 36-7 win Carolina on Thursday night and turned nothing into a 31-yard run.

As Coughlin said, “He seemed to come through some piles,” Coughlin added. “There looked like maybe there was no chance he’d come through and he did.”...."

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/09/browns-game-should-bag-him-a-bigger-role

OLine play was much better too. I don't see how they could put Diehl back in at this point.

That's a big part of it. But I think Andre Brown makes the line look better, too. Can't count how many times Bradshaw has bailed on a play or missed daylight.

Brown doesn't freestyle.....he gets into his lane and follows his blockers. It's very refreshing.

OLine play was much better too. I don't see how they could put Diehl back in at this point.

There's an interesting stat I read somewhere (ProFootballTalk or BigBlueInteractive) that pulled up old numbers and found the Giants are 12-0 when Diehl doesn't play. They are also 7-0 when Nicks doesn't play. Don't know what can be read into that other than the Giants seem to play well when some of their starters are out.

An article I read this morning praised the depth the Giants have. Our bench players have done very well this year. Hell, we suddenly have a glut of linebackers and our backup 3 LB's would be starters on most teams. Nice problem to have.

As far as Bradshaw and Brown go, I think Bradshaw needs to prove he's our feature back and he needs to put up the numbers to prove it. Until then, we should stick with Brown.....especially in the red zone or 3rd and short situations.

Let me know when he's medically cleared to get over 4 yards per carry.

You mean like currently where he's at 4.3? Bradshaw bailed the oline out after he constantly got hit in the backfield the entire first game against the Cowboys. I don't see where the Bradshaw hate is coming from.

You mean like currently where he's at 4.3? Bradshaw bailed the oline out after he constantly got hit in the backfield the entire first game against the Cowboys. I don't see where the Bradshaw hate is coming from.

Take away one long run when the Dallas defense was defending pass all the way..... his production sucks this year.

And you think that has nothing to do with the vastly improved line and everything to do with Andre Brown just actually finding the holes Bradshaw can't? It's the other way around. Brown isn't getting hit in the backfield.

Don't get me wrong, by no means do I want to see Bradshaw take away carries from Brown, but Bradshaw is still your home run hitter. The carries should be something like 12 for Bradshaw 10 for Andre, 5-7 for Wilson. I'd like to see us shift back to a dominant run team that can pass better than most teams in the league, rather than what we are now, a dominant pass team that runs fairly decent....

I'd like to see Andre Brown continue to bear the load until he needs a rest, and bring in Bradshaw in the second half when the opposing D is winded and Bradshaw's at his best.

Brown is a more well rounded talent, and much better in short yd situations

I love Bradshaw but realize his limitations......Bradshaw reminds me of Joe Morris

As for dominant run or pass......whatever the situation calls for, remembering we are more dominant as a passing team

Don't get me wrong, by no means do I want to see Bradshaw take away carries from Brown, but Bradshaw is still your home run hitter. The carries should be something like 12 for Bradshaw 10 for Andre, 5-7 for Wilson. I'd like to see us shift back to a dominant run team that can pass better than most teams in the league, rather than what we are now, a dominant pass team that runs fairly decent....

Says who? Allow me to say there's no "hate" for Bradshaw.. he's a feisty runner who plays bigger than his size. However, right now Brown got the hot hand... you go with your hottest player.. who knows maybe Brradshaw needs the rest.. maybe his body can't take the load.. or his body is fatigued since he's been a full time starter... whatever the case maybe you go with your hottest player.. and right now Brown is it. That doesn't mean AB is gonna rot on the bench.. but a fresh AB is far more effective..

Says who? Allow me to say there's no "hate" for Bradshaw.. he's a feisty runner who plays bigger than his size. However, right now Brown got the hot hand... you go with your hottest player.. who knows maybe Brradshaw needs the rest.. maybe his body can't take the load.. or his body is fatigued since he's been a full time starter... whatever the case maybe you go with your hottest player.. and right now Brown is it. That doesn't mean AB is gonna rot on the bench.. but a fresh AB is far more effective..

Says I.

And you think that has nothing to do with the vastly improved line and everything to do with Andre Brown just actually finding the holes Bradshaw can't? It's the other way around. Brown isn't getting hit in the backfield.

Part of that is because Brown doesn't spend a lot of time in the backfield shaking and baking.

Seriously, I think the line has improved, but I think part of the improvement is also due to Brown. It's tougher to block when your running back jumps out of the play and freelances.

I like Bradshaw.....but he's struggled, and a big part of it is that the guy is constantly banged up and therefore unable to practice on a regular basis.

I agree the line has been shabby in the past, and that has also affected Bradshaw. But patience with his blockers and field vision are two aspects of the game that Bradshaw does not have.

:TU:

I concur. They will be playing together soon enough so we shall finally have a apples to apples comparison.

And take the ball out of the hand of our team's MVP? No thank you.

Yes, I agree that Brown earned carries and should take more plays than he did before. I do not believe that Bradshaw should lose the starting position to Brown....that is...right up until Bradshaw struggles behind the same blocking that Brown got. The offensive line was clearly playing at a higher level when Brown was back there. Way I see it, there's only a few scenarios here that play out.

O line continues playing better, Bradshaw runs well - Bradshaw keeps starting role

O line continues playing better, Bradshaw struggles - Brown earns a starting role

O line regresses to week 1, Bradshaw struggles - I think Brown will earn a start, though I'll disagree with the reasoning

O line regresses to week 1, Bradshaw runs well - I really don't see this happening, but it'd secure the starting role for Bradshaw

Regardless of what transpires, I think Brown has earned more touches. And regardless of what transpires, ALL our RBs, Wilson included, need to be ready for ALL offensive plays. I do NOT want to be predictable on offense due to whichever RB is in the game at a given time.

None of this really matters, our title defense as always depends upon the play of the D 60% offense 40%......when our D plays like they did in Carolina no one can beat us.......when they play like they did against Tampa, anyone can beat us

While true, being able to run the ball and have sustained, time-consuming drives rests the defense. That rest give the D life in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Offense-Defense is cyclical in nature. It's why it's a team sport.

And besides, if that 40% isn't doing its job, than we're just as likely to lose if the D isn't doing theirs. Again, it's a team effort...

While true, being able to run the ball and have sustained, time-consuming drives rests the defense. That rest give the D life in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Offense-Defense is cyclical in nature. It's why it's a team sport.

And besides, if that 40% isn't doing its job, than we're just as likely to lose if the D isn't doing theirs. Again, it's a team effort...

I agree..... you can pass your way down the field, but when you need to convert a 3rd and 2, the rushing game becomes extremely important. That's how Dallas won 3 Super Bowls with Troy Aikman.

I agree..... you can pass your way down the field, but when you need to convert a 3rd and 2, the rushing game becomes extremely important. That's how Dallas won 3 Super Bowls with Troy Aikman.

Not to mention the redzone where throwing windows get awfully tight and even then, close in a hurry. A high power offense that moves 75 yards in 3 minutes to only get 3 points can kill a defense.

And take the ball out of the hand of our team's MVP? No thank you.

Yes, I agree that Brown earned carries and should take more plays than he did before. I do not believe that Bradshaw should lose the starting position to Brown....that is...right up until Bradshaw struggles behind the same blocking that Brown got. The offensive line was clearly playing at a higher level when Brown was back there. Way I see it, there's only a few scenarios here that play out.

O line continues playing better, Bradshaw runs well - Bradshaw keeps starting role

O line continues playing better, Bradshaw struggles - Brown earns a starting role

O line regresses to week 1, Bradshaw struggles - I think Brown will earn a start, though I'll disagree with the reasoning

O line regresses to week 1, Bradshaw runs well - I really don't see this happening, but it'd secure the starting role for Bradshaw

Regardless of what transpires, I think Brown has earned more touches. And regardless of what transpires, ALL our RBs, Wilson included, need to be ready for ALL offensive plays. I do NOT want to be predictable on offense due to whichever RB is in the game at a given time.

Still, a run game that we can have confidence in will do wonders when we can't get the ball into the end zone inside the red zone which is nearly every time we are down there. This team should have scored so many more points this season already that it isn't even funny.