SportsWrath

Question for Members

BronxRik

20 members have voted

1. 1. "General Football" Sub Forum?

• Yes
    • Leave it Alone

Should we have a sub forum to the Giants section for "General Football"? I know we have a "General Sports" section, and GD, but I get the feeling people think if they post football stuff in those sections, their threads will never be seen. Plus I notice that when football other than Giants stuff is posted in the Giants section, there will be a few 'not Giants related' remarks. It doesn't have to be an elaborate section, just somewhere for people to post Thursday/Sunday/Monday night game threads or other games of interest around the league. Hell, I can even make it so it's just open for the season and close it in the offseason.

I'll give you this, it'll look a little cluttered up there with the archives and Jack's special section, but aside from that I think it'll get some more football discussions going where people expect football to be discussed.

What do you guys think?

Should we have a sub forum to the Giants section for "General Football"? I know we have a "General Sports" section, and GD, but I get the feeling people think if they post football stuff in those sections, their threads will never be seen. Plus I notice that when football other than Giants stuff is posted in the Giants section, there will be a few 'not Giants related' remarks. It doesn't have to be an elaborate section, just somewhere for people to post Thursday/Sunday/Monday night game threads or other games of interest around the league. Hell, I can even make it so it's just open for the season and close it in the offseason.

I'll give you this, it'll look a little cluttered up there with the archives and Jack's special section, but aside from that I think it'll get some more football discussions going where people expect football to be discussed.

What do you guys think?

I think its a great idea Rik. But at the same time, its one extra forum to go to and back references etc become a little tiresome. Whatever football we need to discuss, I think we can discuss in the Giants forum itself. Fans of other teams can also post because 90% of the time its going to be related to the Giants. If we want to discuss other teams etc - we could do it in the Giants forum itself actually. I dont see a problem with it.

I like this idea. We have been getting more and more fans of other teams in here and it'd be nice to have a forum that we could chill and chat about their teams and the teams around the league in general. For sheer organization and attention-getting purposes, a new General Football sub-forum would be great. Forgive me for stating the obvious, though.

We need to either:

1. Make a seperate "General Football" section, or

2. Make the Giants Football section into "General Football."

My vote goes for #2. However, this whole "post about the Redskins, Green Bay, etc. in General Discussion" thing has to end.

I like everything in one place. I'm not going to go looking in another section but if I see a headline in the Giant section about the Cards crushing the Eagles, for instance, I'll click on it, give it a quick skim (which is what I first do with all threads) and decide if i want to read it. If not, it's easy enough to hit the "back" button. Whenever I see the "not Giants related" replies, it always strikes me that it took more time to type that than just move on. As long as the headline tells you what the topic is (ie; not Giants), you have a choice. If you only want Giant related, don't click on it.

We need to either:

My vote goes for #2. However, this whole "post about the Redskins, Green Bay, etc. in General Discussion" thing has to end.

This. Just make this a "Football" section. So much easier.

You lazy mother fuckers. "Searching" for another forum is merely looking at the top, ya know, where it says JackStroud's Sassy Hideaway, and, instead of clicking on that interesting and awesome section, you click on the one that says "General Football".

What do you guys think?

I voted "yes".

I think we need to keep the football out of General Discussion

I think we should have a main "Football" forum,. and then break it down for the Giants, the NFC East, and then other teams.

Example:

Main Forum: NFL Football

Subforums:

1) NY Giants

2) NFC East.

3) NFC-AFC

4) Jack Stroud's Hideaway.

This way, we've got a spot for Giants news, a spot for Eagles, Cowboys, and Redskins news, and a spot for all stuff....the Jack Stroud thread can be like a potpourri..

If there are forums for other teams, their posts won't be getting pushed down and off their pages. It might attract some more fans that way if they feel like that can talk about their own teams.

If the regulars want to keep posting in the Giants section, that's fine, but if you have forums available for other teams, it would probably attract and retain more people, and would be more organized.

It wouldn't hurt to give the place a makeover and see how it works out. If it sucks, we can change it back.

We need to either:

Agreed....right now, shit is all over the place.

I voted "yes".

I think we need to keep the football out of General Discussion

I think we should have a main "Football" forum,. and then break it down for the Giants, the NFC East, and then other teams.

Example:

Main Forum: NFL Football

Subforums:

1) NY Giants

2) NFC East.

3) NFC-AFC

4) Jack Stroud's Hideaway.

This way, we've got a spot for Giants news, a spot for Eagles, Cowboys, and Redskins news, and a spot for all stuff....the Jack Stroud thread can be like a potpourri..

If there are forums for other teams, their posts won't be getting pushed down and off their pages. It might attract some more fans that way if they feel like that can talk about their own teams.

If the regulars want to keep posting in the Giants section, that's fine, but if you have forums available for other teams, it would probably attract and retain more people, and would be more organized.

It wouldn't hurt to give the place a makeover and see how it works out. If it sucks, we can change it back.

Agreed....right now, shit is all over the place.

I agree.

Besides talking about other teams in relevant to Giants Football because we my face on of those teams in the playoffs or Superbowl

I agree. To me, NFL football is Giants football. Its teams that may be faced, other players that could be signed... so I don't care if its all lumped together.

This. Just make this a "Football" section. So much easier.

I concur. Although this is a Giants board there aren't enough posters for sub forums. When we get let's say 100 active posters on the football side then it would be time for a split.

i dont think a subforum will work. we've never been good about compartmentalizing

What about GD? The only thing that doesn't get much play over there is Business and Finance....even Jack's threads get play over here....at least, I know I go there from time to time when I see new posts....