SportsWrath

Martellus Bennett is due a little love

BleedinBlue

So many new things and good things happening with the Giants that some players are falling through the cracks who are due a little love.

Bennett seems to have become a really good pickup for the Giants. An interesting stat is that he is the first TE in Giants franchise history to score a TD in each of his first three games.

Regardless....he has made some really super plays that might be overshadowed by an occassional dropped pass or a missed block. But as far as I can tell......he's pretty much showing us he is a big plus in the offensive game. He's still getting his feet wet as far as how the Giants play and he's figuring out Eli pretty fast (who seems to have a lot of faith in him).

I get nothing but really good vibes from this guy. He is taking a beating on the field, but putting up solid numbers for a TE. He had 73 yards last night and 72 yards against Tampa Bay last week. Those are solid numbers for a TE, but he doesn't seem to be getting a lot of attention because of the heroics of other players stepping up and getting the after game glory.

In short: I think Bennett was a steal and must tip my hat to the front office for signing him. Taking him away from the Cowboys is just icing on the cake.

My only concern with Bennett was that all reports out of the 'Boys was that he was lazy and had poor work ethic, maybe being kicked off the Cowboys roster gave him a chip on his shoulder but obviously that isnt the case here.

I give a lot of credit to Pope as well, the TE coach, being able to get Bennett to fit into the system and into the player that he is.

My only concern with Bennett was that all reports out of the 'Boys was that he was lazy and had poor work ethic, maybe being kicked off the Cowboys roster gave him a chip on his shoulder but obviously that isnt the case here.

I give a lot of credit to Pope as well, the TE coach, being able to get Bennett to fit into the system and into the player that he is.

When they did closeup shots of him after coming off the field, he was sweating like a whore in church and panting like a dog in heat. The man worked his ass off last night. And he was hit hard over and over, including that cheap shot where his helmet was ripped off.

I don't buy everything the cowboys say about a player they are losing. He was a 2nd round draft pick that got stuck behind Witten and that hurt his chances at being the go to guy.

When they did closeup shots of him after coming off the field, he was sweating like a whore in church and panting like a dog in heat. The man worked his ass off last night. And he was hit hard over and over, including that cheap shot where his helmet was ripped off.

I don't buy everything the cowboys say about a player they are losing. He was a 2nd round draft pick that got stuck behind Witten and that hurt his chances at being the go to guy.

Maybe a little conditioning would help. P90X???

Pretty sure we only signed him for 1 year....leaving the Bennett with little to show for his time at the 'boys, added to a failed experiment in NY would have killed his career. It's a career year, it's a contract year. Hopefully he's re-signed, because he truly is doing some big things here.

I liked how after he cut off his route and left Eli out to dry down in their end, like a couple series later, they called the same play but Bennett was on the other side...he continued his route the second time despite a safety and came down with the catch and a big gain. Least he listened.

Yeah....he's signed for one year only with no option. That means if he is going to be in the future of the Giants, we need to wrap him up before the end of the season - at least for a couple more years. Although, I think Pope can turn pudding into caviar and cast iron into gold. Still....if Bennett is for real and he continues to put up the numbers, we need to get him signed for longer.