SportsWrath

Tynes - "Money in the Bank"

BleedinBlue

I am amazed at how far Tynes has come. I remember holding my breath every time he came out on the field to attempt a field goal. When he made a successful kick, many times it was barely inside the uprights. But now...out of the blue...he splits the uprights right down the middle and I have confidence he's going to make the shot every time he steps on the field. It's as if he envisions an up-and-down crosshair that's dead center between the poles and that is what he's aiming for.

Lost in the glory of the emergence of Brown and Barden, is the fact that we have a really, really good kicking game all the sudden.

Out of the 36 points we scored last night - Tynes put 15 of those points on the board with his leg and dead-on kicking.

I tip my hat to the man and take back all the bad things I ever said about him over the past few seasons. The man has become money in the bank for us!

I heard he really worked on his leg strength in the off-season. He does seem to have more power and his kicks are looking pretty straight. I like what I see, this is the best version of Tynes we've seen in his career.

And yet can't consistently get touch backs. Not that I care about touch backs as long as he hits FGs.

And yet can't consistently get touch backs. Not that I care about touch backs as long as he hits FGs.

I almost think that is a bit of a gambit....like the Giants want to hit three yards deep in the end zone and stop teams inside the 20, lol....

I am amazed at how far Tynes has come. I remember holding my breath every time he came out on the field to attempt a field goal. When he made a successful kick, many times it was barely inside the uprights. But now...out of the blue...he splits the uprights right down the middle and I have confidence he's going to make the shot every time he steps on the field. It's as if he envisions an up-and-down crosshair that's dead center between the poles and that is what he's aiming for.

Lost in the glory of the emergence of Brown and Barden, is the fact that we have a really, really good kicking game all the sudden.

Out of the 36 points we scored last night - Tynes put 15 of those points on the board with his leg and dead-on kicking.

I tip my hat to the man and take back all the bad things I ever said about him over the past few seasons. The man has become money in the bank for us!

Thanks for jinx, Bleed.

Hats off to Lawrence Tynes - He won the NFC Special Teams Player of the Week!

The Giants have had such a long period of really crappy ST's play, that it's nice to see a Giant being named Player of the Week for Special Teams. We are slowly getting there. I feel very comfortable with our kicking game and am getting more confident in our ability to stop returns (knock on wood).

"Giants placekicker
earned NFC special teams player of the week in Week Three by converting all five of his field-goal attempts and three extra points last Thursday night.

Tynes’ field goals ranged from 27 to 49 yards in length, and he single-handedly accounted for 18 points as the Giants defeated the Panthers 36-7.

Tynes has converted all ten of his field-goal tries on the season and is eight-for-eight on PATs.

So, he’s been a pretty good fantasy option".

please never post about a kicker again :ermm:

but I agree with you.....he was blasting everything to the back of the end zone and FG rightdown the middle

last night all the kicks were short on KO too.........I think it was the rain, and Andy ordered some air taken out of the ball

the guy had 10 days rest for his leg and he loses strength......maybe he tweeked somethingin those 10 days

but I agree with you.....he was blasting everything to the back of the end zone and FG rightdown the middle

last night all the kicks were short on KO too.........I think it was the rain, and Andy ordered some air taken out of the ball

the guy had 10 days rest for his leg and he loses strength......maybe he tweeked somethingin those 10 days

:LMAO:

I can understand missing the 54 yd FG......I cannot understand why his KO's could not reach the end zone all of a sudden

their kicker was having the same issues though......Wilson WOW

It was whatever end zone we were left with at the end of the game because, due to unknown reasons, Coughlin refuses to defer although his offensive coach's first couple drives are so dull and cookie cutter that they can never score....so, we end up with the wind at our face for that final kick. Touchbacks were happening left and right the other way.

Andy ordered some air taken out of the ball?

Really?

:LMAO: