SportsWrath

Corey Webster Suffers Broken Hand

Guest StrahansGap

Antrel Rolle, Jayron Hosley injured in Giants' win

Even the best New York Giants performances seem to include injuries to their secondary.

Giants safety Antrel Rolle left in the fourth quarter of Thursday night's blowout victory over the Carolina Panthers with a knee injury after colliding with a cameraman. Giants coach Tom Coughlin indicated after the game that it might just be a bruise, although Rolle was seen limping badly on his way to the locker room.

Rookie cornerback Jayron Hosley also left the game with a hamstring injury and did not return.

If nothing else, the Giants have a lot of time to recover before playing in Week 4. And as we've learned, they are the masters at finding the "next man up."

UPDATE: The Giants called Rolle's injury a laceration to the knee, though the safety also underwent an X-ray to his joint, Newsday reported.

"I was trying to jump over the camera," Rolle told the newspaper. "I guess I wasn't as successful as I wanted to be."

Cornerback Corey Webster said he suffered a broken hand in the game, but he returned after getting a cast.

Both Rolle and Webster said they did not think their injuries would force them to miss time.

Guest StrahansGap

Good on him for going back out on the field afterwards. It can't be too serious.

Speaking of CB tussles; how weak was that "Unnecessary Roughness" personal foul on Prince? What a joke.

That was a horrible call. Laughable actually.

That was a horrible call. Laughable actually.

It was a bad call for the specific act it was called on, yes. That said, I have to believe that at that point in the game, WRs/CBs were getting pretty chippy and I really think that the personal foul call was more to reign in the after-the-play shenanigans than it was to penalize Prince.

It was a bad call for the specific act it was called on, yes. That said, I have to believe that at that point in the game, WRs/CBs were getting pretty chippy and I really think that the personal foul call was more to reign in the after-the-play shenanigans than it was to penalize Prince.

That's a fair point.