SportsWrath

NFL NETWORK

Lughead

Looks like we're getting NFL Network for free on Channel 11... at least that's how I understood this nugget:

Cablevision uses NFL Network as pawn in retransmission-consent battle with Tribune

That carriage deal Cablevision (NYSE: CVC) struck with NFL Network in August is giving it some leverage in its retransmission-consent negotiations with Tribune Broadcasting.

Cablevision lost the feed on Aug. 26 for Tribune flagship station WPIX-TV, which has a deal with the National Football League to simulcast the home opening game Thursday night for the New York Giants. Most Cablevision subscribers wouldn't have been able to watch the Giants-Carolina Panthers game unless they subscribed to NFL Network, which carries Thursday night games. But Cablevision is offering all 3 million of its subscribers a free preview of NFL Network, and using channel 11, the slot previously occupied by WPIX-TV, to distribute the football network.

The loss of WPIX has forced Cablevision subscribers to turn to other networks to watch Seinfeld, Family Guy and other aired by WPIX. But the NFL Network free preview, which kicked off on Sunday, will allow it to offer subscribers one of Tribune's most valuable programs.

Nest Wednesday, they are doing "A football life" series on Tom Coughlin, should be good. I watched their previous ones on Ray Lewis, Mr.Jesus, Al Davis, etc and all of them are really well done.

Should be a good one.

Yeah I saw the one with Ray. I know that he most likely killed someone and he's making up for lost time, but I like THAT guy(not the murderer).

Yeah I saw the one with Ray. I know that he most likely killed someone and he's making up for lost time, but I like THAT guy(not the murderer).

I agree, that one on Ray Lewis was really well done, regardless of what happened that night in question, he seems like a real big family guy and is trying to do what's right for his kids.

Didn't know he was such an emotional, god fearing guy as well.