SportsWrath

I'm worried about Tampa Bay

JMFP

Hear me out:

#1.....Playing at home, so I expect a general feeling of complacency to start the game.

#2.....Offensive line sucks.

#3.....Bradshaw just isn't that great anymore.

#4....Wilson is very sketchy at this point.

#5.....Mediocre QBs own the Giants Defense.

I smell Trouble.

I'm more worried about Eli.

Tampa has a solid D-line and if he keeps taking hits like in the Cowboys game ol' Iron man Eli is going to be on IR by week 8.

True.....O-Line has their work cut out for them.

At some point, Baas is going to show me why Reese dropped a boatload of money on a converted guard.

I think Tampa has more to worry about. They have to prove they can win on the road. Schiano has introduced some teeth and toughness to that defense, as evidenced by only 10 yards rushing allowed to Carolina last Sunday. However, the Giants have already proven they can win without running the ball very well, as they did against S.F. in the playoffs last season. I think the Giants have to stop the run and put Josh Freeman in some 3rd and longs, and capitalize on mistakes. This is a case where Eli is a big advantage over the opposing QB.

I don't think complacency will be an issue after losing in prime time on national TV last Thursday night. These guys will be ready to play.

I think Tampa has more to worry about. They have to prove they can win on the road. Schiano has introduced some teeth and toughness to that defense, as evidenced by only 10 yards rushing allowed to Carolina last Sunday. However, the Giants have already proven they can win without running the ball very well, as they did against S.F. in the playoffs last season. I think the Giants have to stop the run and put Josh Freeman in some 3rd and longs, and capitalize on mistakes. This is a case where Eli is a big advantage over the opposing QB.

I don't think complacency will be an issue after losing in prime time on national TV last WEDNESDAY night. These guys will be ready to play.

fixed

their d-line looks good. hoping coughlin gives wilson another shot and the passing game gets back in its groove

Honestly, I don't think Coughlin has much of a choice.....Wilson is probably a better back than Bradshaw.

As far as Giants fav by 9 I ain't touching that one. Giants only blow out teams who are better than us. I would bet a close game.

Eli will try and air it out. TB has one of the crappiest secondary. I just hope our line can pass protect.

The website we use for our office pool has it at 7.5.... I picked the Giants because this game should be won by more then a touchdown... and if it is, I don't want to be pissed because their win will have me lose.

You guys remind me of that Davey and Goliath episode where Goliath is trying to warn Davey, and Davey totally ignores the warning.

You mean, like... the way God tries to warn us to be good, or else we'll never get into the kingdom of Heaven?

For the record, I have a really bad feeling about this game. We had to squeak out a 4th quarter comeback against fucking MIAMI last year, and Tampa is a much better team than they were.

Freeman is a good QB, Doug Martin is strong as hell, Vincent Jackson is a very good player, and the defense is decent.

Remember. this team is only 2 seasons removed from 11-5, with mostly the same cast of characters.

Cruz's grandmother apparently just died...the one who inspired the salsa dancing. Hopefully he doesn't miss the game and hopefully he's out for a big game for her.

Until the offensive line improves, I see our offense struggling. Our defense will keep us in this game for at least 3 quarters. Whether the offense is able to overcome that, we'll see.

Honestly, I don't think Coughlin has much of a choice.....Wilson is probably a better back than Bradshaw.

i think he has the talent to be better too but coughlin's kind of a hard ass. he made his point last game by benching him and hopefully that's sufficient enough punishment

i think he has the talent to be better too but coughlin's kind of a hard ass. he made his point last game by benching him and hopefully that's sufficient enough punishment

Well when he's on the sidelines blubbering like a bitch, I'm not going to send him into run any play.

Well when he's on the sidelines blubbering like a bitch, I'm not going to send him into run any play.

Sent him out for kickoff returns.

I wondered a little about Wilson too after that scene, but I like how he's responded since then, running extra ball security drills on his own. Maybe he's one of those real high strung people; just because he's crying doesn't mean he's too fragile to be out there. It may just means he cares an awful lot.

Hear me out:

#1.....Playing at home, so I expect a general feeling of complacency to start the game.

After last week's loss to the Cowboys, the Giants will be anything but complacent. I always hate facing a solid team coming off a tough loss. They are twice as energized and up for the game to redeem themselves.

#2.....Offensive line sucks.

True dat!

#3.....Bradshaw just isn't that great anymore.

Actually, one game is not much of a sample size. And refer back to #2 since success in the running game has far more to do with the offensive line than the carrier of the ball.

#4....Wilson is very sketchy at this point.

Again....3 or 4 carries is hardly a sign of anything....and oh yeah, see #2

#5.....Mediocre QBs own the Giants Defense.

I don't like Romo, but he's not mediocre. The cowboys recognized that if they get the ball off almost immediately, it takes the sack pack out of their wheelhouse. They took advantage of us with quick little flip passes. I don't think Fewell is going to stand pat and do nothing to address the problem.

I smell Trouble.

Now you're sounding like Travis Tritt. We have a brutal schedule ahead of us and TB is going to one of the easiest games. Have a little faith.