SportsWrath

1st quarter of the season

*SDMF*

I think the first quarter of our season may be a disaster. This is how I see our division through the first 4:

Cowboys 4-0

They might go 3-1, but if they build off the win in the opener its not likely.

Philthadelphia 3-1

Im sorry to say this but if we play like we did Wed, we're in big trouble against the Egirls.

Washington 2-2

I can totally see them making a a few plays here and there and coming out of it at .500

Giants 1-3

Now this is worst case scenario. But the way we played against the cowboys and our suspect secondary we may be lucky to not lose to Tampa, and I can see Cam making big plays to hurt us and then thats gonna send us on a downward spiral into the Philthadelphia game.

Now for me this is a worst case scenario as I stated above. The schedule really doesnt get any better for us and if time has shown us anything its that the Giants usually play to the level of lesser teams. So we may be holding our breath against Cleveland. I hope I'm wrong. I hope we go 8-1 and someone brings this post back up to prove me wrong. But this is how I see it playing out. Thoughts and criticism commence.

No, you are worried too much. Freeman is a young QB coming off a poor year and coming into a new offensive system, will only be playing his second game in that system. We'll beat the Bucs.

The Panthers we should, SHOULD be able to handle if we can stop the run. But the Panthers look good, and Luke Kuechly is the real deal. That guy was all over the field making plays in the preseason.

I do think we'll be going into the Philly game 2-1. Granted, our schedule is brutal this year.

Some tough home games:

Pittsburgh

Green Bay

New Orleans

Philly

Tough road games:

Dallas

Philly

San Francisco

Atlanta (yes, they will be tough in their house)

Baltimore

Cincinatti (probably the easiest out of this bunch)

Those are 10 very difficult games out of our remaining 15. If we just play .500 in those games, we're 5-6 and we have to go undefeated to get to double digit wins in these games:

Tampa

@ Carolina

Cleveland

Washington

@Washington

Just like Dallas this past Sunday, there are going to be some bitter, vengeful teams that will be desperately wanting to beat us for the way we ended their season last year with Green Bay, S.F., and Atlanta.

Buckle up, this is going to be a bumpy ride... and one helluva tough season.

We'll be fine. As horribly as we played Wednesday we were one stop away from a game tying drive. We SHOULD handle Tampa easily and hopefully beat Carolina. Philly will be a rough game... Especially if our secondary is still an ER.

We SHOULD have beaten Dallas...but we DIDN'T. Should is a meaningless fucking term when it comes to wins and losses. It's all what we DO that matters.

Washington looked pretty impressive yesterday against quite a good team in the Saints. Washington also swept us last year before getting RG3 and Garcon. I also think that Washington's defense doesn't get the credit it deserves.

Dallas controlled more in our game than what any of us would like to admit. Their defense looked vastly improved now that they have a secondary that's worth a damn. And they have a stud in Murray. If they're wise in how they use Murray, not running him into the ground, and make sure he's around for the end of the season...Dallas will be a force.

Philly always plays us tough and has some playmakers. I think Philly could be the hot and cold team this year where they'll struggle against the likes of Cleveland and blow other playoff teams out of the water. So yeah, it'll depend heavily what Eagles team shows up when we play them.

While this seems like a 'sky is falling' type of post, it's really not. It's very simply justification for the concern for our Giants in an improving division. At this point, it very much appears that the Giants did not improve nearly to the same scale as the Redskins and Cowboys did.

From my pov... Dallas played their collective asses off and beat an out of sync team by 7 points. Take nothing away from Dallas, but we didn't give them our best game. Bottom line is we're 0-1 and its a long season. I trust Coughlin and Eli enough to expect them to pull us together.

We SHOULD have beaten Dallas...but we DIDN'T. Should is a meaningless fucking term when it comes to wins and losses. It's all what we DO that matters.

Washington looked pretty impressive yesterday against quite a good team in the Saints. Washington also swept us last year before getting RG3 and Garcon. I also think that Washington's defense doesn't get the credit it deserves.

Dallas controlled more in our game than what any of us would like to admit. Their defense looked vastly improved now that they have a secondary that's worth a damn. And they have a stud in Murray. If they're wise in how they use Murray, not running him into the ground, and make sure he's around for the end of the season...Dallas will be a force.

Philly always plays us tough and has some playmakers. I think Philly could be the hot and cold team this year where they'll struggle against the likes of Cleveland and blow other playoff teams out of the water. So yeah, it'll depend heavily what Eagles team shows up when we play them.

While this seems like a 'sky is falling' type of post, it's really not. It's very simply justification for the concern for our Giants in an improving division. At this point, it very much appears that the Giants did not improve nearly to the same scale as the Redskins and Cowboys did.

To me I think it's about being Superbowl champs as well, I mean as champs how much can you improve?

You get the 32nd pick in the draft, most of the time all of the free agent players on the team leave for bigger contracts since teams want winning experience and every single team in the league is out for the target on your head.

The Skins have been sitting on mediocrity for years and finally all those early draft picks are starting to pay off with impact players like RG3, Williams, Orakpo(sp) and whoever else. Not to mention with a coach like Shanahan who seems to always take late draft picks and turn them into pro-bowl players. I think one guy who isnt getting any recognition is their owner, Snyder who has finally decided to not play GM for the last three seasons and hire a real GM to build their team. I hate to say this but as a rival fan and a fan of football it's finally nice to see the Redskins get something of a respectable team besides being the NFC East laughing stock.

Dallas is in a win now mode, they are doing everything they can to improve their team which is apparent with them moving up to draft that CB and bring in Carr from KC. Jones has made it obvious he wants results and so far they look like it's working at least in September we will see what happens when December comes along.

It's hard for any Superbowl champion to repeat in back to back seasons, it's just because the Pats have done it in recent memory and have stayed on top that everyone thinks that every team in the league should be able to do it.

To me I think it's about being Superbowl champs as well, I mean as champs how much can you improve?

You get the 32nd pick in the draft, most of the time all of the free agent players on the team leave for bigger contracts since teams want winning experience and every single team in the league is out for the target on your head.

The Skins have been sitting on mediocrity for years and finally all those early draft picks are starting to pay off with impact players like RG3, Williams, Orakpo(sp) and whoever else. Not to mention with a coach like Shanahan who seems to always take late draft picks and turn them into pro-bowl players. I think one guy who isnt getting any recognition is their owner, Snyder who has finally decided to not play GM for the last three seasons and hire a real GM to build their team. I hate to say this but as a rival fan and a fan of football it's finally nice to see the Redskins get something of a respectable team besides being the NFC East laughing stock.

Dallas is in a win now mode, they are doing everything they can to improve their team which is apparent with them moving up to draft that CB and bring in Carr from KC. Jones has made it obvious he wants results and so far they look like it's working at least in September we will see what happens when December comes along.

It's hard for any Superbowl champion to repeat in back to back seasons, it's just because the Pats have done it in recent memory and have stayed on top that everyone thinks that every team in the league should be able to do it.

We were a superbowl team LAST year that had known issues. We were last in the league in running the ball and our secondary was dangerously thin after all the injuries. One could argue that we should've been in the running for Carr out of KC. One could argue that we could've done more with the O-Line in the offseason. So yeah, I think there could've been a more outright approach to fill holes that existed all last season.

And as much of a fan as I am and as glad as I am that we won the superbowl...I'm sick of watching fans rest on their laurels because we won it last year. I think the players approached the first game with the same attitude...basking in the afterglow...barely having snuffed out their victory cigars before going into the first game unprepared.

Last year is over. Forget it ever happened, and approach this year anew. In that approach, needs that were apparent last year went unaddressed or not addressed as much as I would've liked.

As for the comment about FA going after big money...you have FAs who want to go to a SB winner too...with a franchise QB...who will sacrifice the big contract (to a certain extent, anyhow) in hopes for a ring.