SportsWrath

The Cut List (update as necessary)

BleedinBlue

I have no problem with Ware getting cut. He had 5 years to show off his talents and it was usually a 2 yd pickup when we desparately needed 3. Brown and Scott are younger, faster, and have yet to be given a real chance to see what they can do. Scott has shown some real effort on the ST, especially after a couple of blocked punts in preseason.

Another site says that the Giants are shopping for a trade.....looking to upgrade their O-line. Could be interesting. Maybe we could get someone to take Perrileaux for a decent lineman. It would have two advantages.....1) improve the line and 2) piss off Jack. :cwy:

Wow Douglass gets cut and Barden sticks....

and I don't think the Giants could get a tissue for Perrileaux

I'm not surprised that Barden stuck after he looked pretty good shedding a pro-bowl CB twice that led to touchdowns. I think Douglas has more upside than Hixon and I expect Hixon to get hurt rather quickly as that is his M.O.

I'm a little surprised at Ware going down the road, but I have no problem with that. Behind Ahmad, we have 3 very quick, agile, gutsy, younger RBs ready to move the ball. Ware had 5 years to distinguish himself as more than a plug-n-play off-the-shelf serviceable RB. He didn't.

Jones is a bit of a surprise, but it appears Paysinger was just a little hungrier and it paid off.

Just hearing that Dwayne Hendricks has been cut....I'll add it to the list above. He should find another team somewhere easily enough. Ojomo basically "paysinger'ed" him!

adrian tracy has also made the team. looks like we are carrying 5 de's

Yeah, I just saw that. If I was a betting man, they plan on using Ojomo both at DT and DE, with perhaps more time at DT. Actually, he was a DT throughout his college career until his senior year (pretty sure on that anyway). I don't think he'll be a starter, but he could very well be the "first man in" to spell a starter during game time. Keeping Ojomo makes it a little easier to accept Tollefson's loss.

Yeah, I just saw that. If I was a betting man, they plan on using Ojomo both at DT and DE, with perhaps more time at DT. Actually, he was a DT throughout his college career until his senior year (pretty sure on that anyway). I don't think he'll be a starter, but he could very well be the "first man in" to spell a starter during game time. Keeping Ojomo makes it a little easier to accept Tollefson's loss.

That makes a lot of sense given they cut both Thomas and Hendricks.

way to go out on a limb there dude, hahaha.

I can definitely see Ojomo lining up at DT on pass rushing downs, particularly 3rd and long

way to go out on a limb there dude, hahaha.

Thanks pdub. I like to offer unique and informative analysis now and then. :whistling:

I was criticize heavily earlier this month for calling the Giants strategy "sack'n'pass". Yet we continue to stockpile great pass rushers and wide receivers. I wonder why that is?

while this is true

our overall D stiffened considerably the 2nd half of last year, and our running game picked up considerably

most of the bad stats come from the 1st half of last year when we were trying to piece things together........with far less talent than this 53 have

Ah, that makes sense.

I wonder how Laron Scott fits on the roster. I didn't see him making it either but all indications are he's on the team.

I think he made it because of the injuries to Hosley, Amukamara, and T2. They needed to be a little deeper at that position.

I think he made it because of the injuries to Hosley, Amukamara, and T2. They needed to be a little deeper at that position.

Laron Scott tweeted that he is staying on the team....but it could very well be the practice squad. Either or, he had some good moments in training camp and the preseason, especially on ST.