SportsWrath

Kiwanuka: Giants 'whupping' Cowboys a long time

Treehugger

Kiwanuka: Giants 'whupping' Cowboys a long time

• By Gregg Rosenthal
  • Around The League editor
  • Published: Aug. 30, 2012 at 09:20 a.m.

During an interview with WFAN-AM in New York on Thursday morning, one of the radio hosts baited New York Giants linebacker Mathias Kiwanuka by asking about Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones wanting to beat the Giants' "ass."

Kiwanuka took the bait.

"(Jones) should. The Giants have been whupping his ass for a long time," he said. "It's gotta be tough on the outside looking in on all these championships lately."

Welcome to Giants-Cowboys Week 1 of the regular season. Six days to go. This should be fun.

Jerry Jones responds to Kiwanuka: 'It is tough'

• By Gregg Rosenthal
  • Around The League editor
  • Published: Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:37 a.m.

New York Giants linebacker Mathias Kiwanuka kicked off Giants-Cowboys week Thursday by saying Cowboys owner Jerry Jones probably is getting tired of the Giants "whupping his ass" for such a long time.

"It's gotta be tough on the outside looking in on all these championships lately," Kiwanuka said.

Jones can't even argue.

"I agree with him, and the only thing I'm saying is that I'll never get used to it," Jones told USA Today. "It is tough (being) on the outside looking in," Jones said of the Giants' titles. "That's the way I felt when I got in the NFL as an owner. I didn't want to be on the outside, looking in.

"The Giants are an inspiration ... it is opening the NFL season in front of such a high-profile forum ... the Wednesday night game … all of that is there. We have that kind of respect for them."

This feels like a trend of late: Jones trying to settle down a controversy he helped to start.