SportsWrath

Giants vs. Patriots - preseason game thread

BleedinBlue

Some really bright spots. Ojomo of course - he was everywhere and on every tackle when he wasn't knocking the QB down and stripping the ball. Herzlich is not waiting long before he's starting at the Mike. And Tryon is one fiesty little fella that hung on WR's like fly paper and held up guys twice his size.

Backup running backs is one big question mark.

Douglas was hardly on the field at all.....don't know what that means, but it might mean the practice squad.

Kuhn and Thomas both look solid.

Best part of the game: no injuries. Nice to get through preseason without a major loss.

barden should make the team.

andre brown should also.

ojomo should make the team.

I have to agree. Even though Scott had a couple of nice runs, and even though Brown did have a ball stripped, Brown has been consistently good. He's caught the ball well, showed some burst, hits the hole hard. I think he left Scott in the dust.

I have to agree. Even though Scott had a couple of nice runs, and even though Brown did have a ball stripped, Brown has been consistently good. He's caught the ball well, showed some burst, hits the hole hard. I think he left Scott in the dust.

Yeah, especially as he's a change-of-pace to Bradshaw/Wilson. He looked very, very good in the power running plays; the type of running we expected from Jacobs but never really saw. You have to think that was on the coaches' minds too, given they ran it for like 6 plays in a row.

Did you guys have to put up with the fucking New England commentary? "As Giants fans know, Tynes is automatic." :blink:

Also, did anye see which DT pancaked one of the OLinemen early in the 2nd? Was it Joseph?

no, i had bob papa and carl banks.

Did you guys have to put up with the fucking New England commentary? "As Giants fans know, Tynes is automatic." :blink:

Also, did anye see which DT pancaked one of the OLinemen early in the 2nd? Was it Joseph?

I don't know what has gotten in to Tynes but his improvement this pre-season has been astounding

HAHAHAHA yeah, I had the New England commentators, too. "Tynes is to the Giants what Adam Vinatieri was at us for a long time"

I think it was Joseph but I remember Rocky Bernard also had a dominant play in there somewhere.

I had Mayock and Kevin Harlan. Not too bad, Mayock really knows what he's talking about with respect to the Giants.