SportsWrath

Should Prince be put on the PUP?

JackStroud

If he were not a 1st round choice I'd say this guy truly deserves a place on the Practice Squad but he probably would not clear waivers

He is a huge disappointment at his point, and I remember a lot of posters who knew his college history were stunned we drafted him at all last year

Correy Webster he is not

Websters first three years of his career he didnt even play a full season.

He was activated and deactivated for games due to his poor play, it wasn't until the Superbowl run in 2007 that he got his act together and only then in the playoffs when it mattered.

Almost everyone wanted him gone, I wanted to keep giving him a chance luckily it paid off and remember a arguments on here with posters about it.

Prince has a high ankle sprain for all we know he will be back in time to start for week one were hopefully he can get actual game time experience. Here's a topic made about Prince when he was drafted. http://www.sportswrath.com/index.php?showtopic=38731 Show me where people are disappointed Jackybo?

Or are you just going to continue to make shit up again?

He was activated and deactivated for games due to his poor play, it wasn't until the Superbowl run in 2007 that he got his act together and only then in the playoffs when it mattered.

Almost everyone wanted him gone, I wanted to keep giving him a chance luckily it paid off and remember a arguments on here with posters about it.

Prince has a high ankle sprain for all we know he will be back in time to start for week one were hopefully he can get actual game time experience. Here's a topic made about Prince when he was drafted. http://www.sportswra...showtopic=38731 Show me where people are disappointed Jackybo?

That was more scheme than anything. I hope Prince plays to his potential but constant nagging injuries are not good.

pup/disabled list for a high ankle sprain? Just Fucking Stupid.

Haven't seen enough out of Amukamara yet but who has? Missed half of his rookie season when the league was on strike and now he is going to miss probably the first four games of the regular season.

I believe if you put him on th PUP you can bring him back if waranted after game 6 (SFO) no need for Prince in that game for certain

if hosley works out you can leave him on the PUP and keep one of our fringe players like Kuhn

Prince has been so far a woman.....he needs another year of practice minimum, and some testosterone therapy

Prince has a high ankle sprain for all we know he will be back in time to start for week one were hopefully he can get actual game time experience. Here's a topic made about Prince when he was drafted. http://www.sportswra...showtopic=38731 Show me where people are disappointed Jackybo?

Great trip down memory lane.....I remember the consensus on Webster was "bust" prior the the SB run.

PUP list has been changed since the lockout last year. You cannot put a player on the PUP list if they practiced in training camp.

I believe if you put him on th PUP you can bring him back if waranted after game 6 (SFO) no need for Prince in that game for certain

if hosley works out you can leave him on the PUP and keep one of our fringe players like Kuhn

Prince has been so far a woman.....he needs another year of practice minimum, and some testosterone therapy

Great trip down memory lane.....I remember the consensus on Webster was "bust" prior the the SB run.

Yeah I was more than happy to see Webster put it together because I had given up on him. It's good to be wrong sometimes. As for Prince, I'll hold off making any premature judgements. He needs to be able to stay on the field first.

Tonight's news says Prince's sprain isn't very bad.

From the NYPost:

Prince Amukamara sounded optimistic today that his high ankle sprain isn't too bad.

“They didn’t tell me any expected time of recovery, but how I feel right now, it’s a huge improvement than how I felt yesterday and after the game,” said Amukamara, who had his right foot in a boot. “I’m just taking it day by day.”

The Giants’ second-year cornerback was hurt in Friday night’s preseason game against the Bears, and a typical high ankle sprain requires 3-to-6 weeks before an athlete’s able to return. Amukamara wouldn’t put a timetable on his personal sprain, but he said multiple times that the sprain is “mild.”

“I don’t think it’s as serious as others in the past,” he said. “I rolled my ankle last week and it’s actually the same foot. I played through it. Everything was fine. I feel pretty confident that I do recover quick from ankle sprains. I used to play basketball and deal with them. But this one is different. It is a mild high ankle, and I’ve never experienced one like this. It’s just something new and just with the trainers, hopefully I can get it taken care of.”

With Amukamara out and Terrell Thomas (aggravated ACL) and rookie 3rd-round pick Jayron Hosley (turf toe) hurting too, the Giants’ only healthy corners are Corey Webster, Michael Coe, Justin Tryon and Bruce Johnson.

He'll miss the opener more than likely and Coe will do just fine. As has been stated many times before, teams cannot place players on PUP if they've participated in as little as a part of one practice in camp. The only options for injured players who get hurt after they've participated in practice is either to place them on IR, cut them, or carry them on the roster and just have them inactive on game days. Prince is going to be a good player and people need to calm the fuck down about him. Injuries are part of the game.

He'll miss the opener more than likely and Coe will do just fine. As has been stated many times before, teams cannot place players on PUP if they've participated in as little as a part of one practice in camp. The only options for injured players who get hurt after they've participated in practice is either to place them on IR, cut them, or carry them on the roster and just have them inactive on game days. Prince is going to be a good player and people need to calm the fuck down about him. Injuries are part of the game.

Amen!

If he were not a 1st round choice I'd say this guy truly deserves a place on the Practice Squad but he probably would not clear waivers

He is a huge disappointment at his point, and I remember a lot of posters who knew his college history were stunned we drafted him at all last year

Correy Webster he is not

True dat. Why prolong the inevitable? Cut him. It will free up your cap to aquire TO and a descent backup for Eli. Tavaris Jackson just became available and I'll tell ya, that kid can do great things given the opportunity.

True dat. Why prolong the inevitable? Cut him. It will free up your cap to aquire TO and a descent backup for Eli. Tavaris Jackson just became available and I'll tell ya, that kid can do great things given the opportunity.

Fuck Tavaris.... I want Vince Young!

Do it Ernie!

tavaris jackson sucks.

He doesn't really. He just got robbed of his opportunity by one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game. He caught his rhythm and sliced and diced the Cardinals when they had Warner and that wicked D. I was just fishing initially, but the dude knew how to run the Vikes Offense.

Tavaris Jackson replaced Vince Young.........Young was cut yesterday

What is it about Perrilloux I'm seeing and you guys cannot?

I'll bet you anything if we released Carr he would clear waivers be there all season to re-sign, Perriloux will not clear waivers agian IMHO

He doesn't really. He just got robbed of his opportunity by one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game. He caught his rhythm and sliced and diced the Cardinals when they had Warner and that wicked D. I was just fishing initially, but the dude knew how to run the Vikes Offense.

His offense there consisted of him handing it off to AP or throwing it really far to Sydney Rice or Percy Harvin for them to run under, he basically COULDN'T mess it up and still did, hehe.