SportsWrath

Giants vs. Bears - Preseason

BleedinBlue

Wilson looked slippery and hard to bring down. Also, he's quick to the edge and seems to be in fast forward while linebackers and d ends are in pause trying to chase him.

Slippery is a great description, there were several times where I thought he was done, but was able to get away from that first tackler. He looked much stronger last night then against the Jets. Probably because the starting online was blocking well enough that he was getting to the lbs

I think there was a lot to feel good about in last night's game. Defense looked very good....especially against the run, which has been our achilles heel. And Wilson showed us we have a good little running back to offset the load that will be on Ahmad's back. Cruz looks like he hasn't missed a step since the superbowl....Randle looks like he's going to be special....even Barden showed smart moves and good hands. Our offseason pickups Bennet and Rivers look like steals so far and both appear ready for prime time.The defensive line looked pretty solid, both inside and out, even without JPP playing.....and I really like the way Ojomo has played. Not only did he get the only sack, but he was putting pressure on the QB on nearly every play and seemed to always get free of his opponent. I thought Herzlick played a quiet game until I looked at the stats and see he led the team in tackles with 8, followed by Paysinger, Rivers, and Sash with 5 apiece. I thought Sash looked very good last night and was kind of disappointed in Hill.

The two worries that I see is that we're a little weak at the CB spot and we still haven't put together a great special teams. It appeared the coaches are giving Douglas a tryout for the return guy and he seemed to have good hands, but didn't explode after the catch. He looked good on that one return for 30-some yards that was called back because of a holding call, but he doesn't seem to the ideal solution for returning punts.

Amukamura and Kiwi both had injuries, which sucks. Kiwi thinks he'll still be ready for the Cowboys, but that's not a certainty. No telling how long Prince will be out of the game, but I suspect a few weeks. Now if we can just get through the patriots without any major injuries, we should be good to go. I fear that the Patriots will be head-hunting and wanting to injure as many of our players as possible just because we've shown them up twice in the big game and left them humiliated. Hopefully, no one gets hurt.

if rivers can continue to play the way he has, i wouldn't be against signing him long term to replace boley. not a knock on boley.

Well Boley is 30 years old and in football years, that's getting up there. Rivers turned 26 this year so it's something to think about.

Amukamura is down.....hanging on to his ankle. Being carted off the field. Go figure.

Yep this kid has bust written all over him. He can't stay on the field for more than a few weeks at a time. On the rare occasions when he does line up, opposing QBs immediately make him their bitch.

Not good.

Yep this kid has bust written all over him. He can't stay on the field for more than a few weeks at a time. On the rare occasions when he does line up, opposing QBs immediately make him their bitch.

Not good.

Second year player, hasnt been on the field for a full year.

We don't even know if he will miss any time with this ankle sprain.

Yeah lets label him a bust.

Second year player, hasnt been on the field for a full year.

We don't even know if he will miss any time with this ankle sprain.

Yeah lets label him a bust.

Well, we could just label him 'ice bath'. He's gonna need a few of those.

I think Wilson will get a start this season. The kid runs hard, lightning around the edges and a Jamal Lewis style in traffic where the legs constantly keep motoring, hence he gets out after the first couple of hits. He might lose yards with his salsa behind the line, but that wont hurt us much. His explosion in North-South will hurt the opposition a lot more. He can keep the chains moving. Im excited about our Running game this year.

Now if only we can do something about our secondary. Our D-Line needs to take the complete onus on itself.