SportsWrath

Texans reach agreement with Mario Williams

Pizan

Texans | Texans reach agreement with M. Williams

Fri, 28 Apr 2006 17:16:22 -0700

The NFL Network reports the Houston Texans have reached a contract agreement with North Carolina State DE Mario Williams. He is now expected to be the first pick in the NFL Draft.

Texans | More on M. Williams' signing

Fri, 28 Apr 2006 17:30:55 -0700

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports the Houston Texans have signed North Carolina State DE Mario Williams to an undisclosed contract, meaning he'll be the first player selected in the 2006 NFL Draft. By signing Williams to a contract that will guarantee him almost $22 million this year, the Texans turned their back on USC RB Reggie Bush. Although the Texans said the controversy involving Bush and his parents' living arrangements in San Diego had nothing to do with their decision, they intensified negotiations with Ben Dogra Thursday, April 27, and worked all day Friday, April 28, to complete the deal.

Texans | Contract update: M. Williams

Fri, 28 Apr 2006 17:53:39 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the contract signed by North Carolina State DE Mario Williams with the Houston Texans is a six-year, $54 million deal. Of the $54 million, Williams is guaranteed $26.5 million.

Charlie Casserly must have heard about Money's Annual Draft. Where I selected Mario Williams with the 2nd overall selection even with Reggie Bush on the board. Thats the only liable reasoning.

No really I think Reggie Bush priced himself out of the number 1 overall selection. Now the Saints are sitting pretty. They will be trading back. There are a reported 5 teams interested in trading up. The Packers, Jets, and Oakland are the 3 mentioned. I think we might see the 49ers moving up and selecting Bush to play with HS teammate Alex Smith.

Um why the hell would anybuddy start contract negotiaons before the draft??it kind of makes your team look desperate....

Because they have the #1 overall pick and it makes business sense to start working out contract numbers before the draft since you are already on the clock.

Because they have the #1 overall pick and it makes business sense to start working out contract numbers before the draft since you are already on the clock.

Your not suppose to start negotions really until Mini-Camps

BTW this is going to be one of the worst draft mistakes ever.

VERY BIG MISTAKE!

Well Mario Williams is going to be a great player, lets not take anything away from him. But I think Michael Irvin said it best when he said "You dont pass on Michael Jordan for Patrick Ewing."

The positives: This gives the Texans a very talented Dline. Travis Johnson, Anthony Weaver, Robaire Smith and now Mario Williams. With Jason Babin, Antwon Peek, and Marlon Greenwood as LBs. Thats a very good and very young front 7.

The reason the texans are taking mario williams is because they want a strong defense to stop manning they know they are not gonna out score us but they can maybe stop us thats what they are figuring. But i still think they should have taken bush. So that was a bad pick. :TD:

Before we get to the stats just look at him he is a beast 10290.jpg and as we all know he is a big of a combine freak.. 6'7" 295 running a 4.73 but when it all comes down to it how can he play football

In his freshman year he played in 13 games recording 56 tackles 13 of which were for a loss and had 5 sack and earned first team all ACC

In his sophmore year he had similar numbers, 57 tackles 15 for a loss along with six sacks also first team all ACC

Junior year (this year) put up impressive numbers once again first team all ACC 62 tackles 24 TFL 14.5 sacks 2 broken up passes one forced fumble and one recovered fumble

very impressive junior year you then add that in with his recent combine but still not #1 i would say around 5