SportsWrath

S Janzen Jackson to be waived 8/13

osi724dasack

Some undrafted scrub who we signed as camp fodder at a position we are already set at.

Give me a pass on this one.

Lol definately man, was messin with you.

But I dont think were 100% set at S, Rolle and Phillips are great, but if either of them miss any time then were looking at big ? In Sash and Hill.

Anyways Jackson has talent, but his head is all messed up. He must have been really struggling at camp for them to cut him before the first deadline.

I actually thought he had a shot to make the final 53 last month. Hopefully he makes a nice career somewhere and stays out of trouble.

Lol definately man, was messin with you.

But I dont think were 100% set at S, Rolle and Phillips are great, but if either of them miss any time then were looking at big ? In Sash and Hill.

I know, I will admit the I cant name every player that we have going into pre-season but at the end of the day I know the Giants 53 man roster as best as I can.

At the end of the day I assume he must of been a high talent kid and it just didnt work out (for the Giants) but who knows he could always pick the game up if he keeps at it.

And I'll stand by what I've always said, I'm comfortable with whatever Coughlin decides who are safetys are, if it's Rolle/Phillips/Sash then that's who I want on my team.

No doubt, I also filly trust Reese and Coughlins personal decisions. I'm not surprised by this since I havnt heard or seen anything good on him in camp.

At the end of the day we will figure it out, but bottom line is Phillips and Rolle need to stay healthy. We have nobody even half as capable at the 3rd and 4th S spot as a starter.

I really want Rolle to play more S and get Hosely snaps as the nickel cb.

This was the dude that got in big trouble while he was at University of Tennessee. He was involved in an attempted armed robbery of a convenience store. He was kicked off the team if memory serves me correctly. Tree is right, if he's being cut right now, there is a major red flag, either he majorly screwed up, isn't showing up to practice on time, some kind of discipline issue. I doubt you'll see him on another roster unless it's arena football. You don't get a UDFA invite, and then very obviously get booted off the team by Coughlin before the second preseason game.

Janzen was a real talent with a messed up background. I thought he had a shot, but I don't know what he did to turn off the coaches. Probably got together with some buddies and smoked some weed or something.

Reading in this morning's paper that Rolle has both rotator cuffs torn and he played last season with them. He says he's fine now, but coaches are saying he should have the surgery to fix them. I've gone through the shouder surgery and if he does have the surgery, he's easily out for the season. Rolle says his shoulders are fine and will play with them as they are. Bottom line: one good hit and he's gone for the year.

With Jackson cut.....Sash suspended for 4 games.....and Rolle one hit away from the disabled list.....I would guess that Will Hill has made the team.

The story on Rolle: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/rather_just_eat_the_pain_Nl0zy7SZQqLQiYfPNmI8FI