SportsWrath

Encouraging things to take out of tonight's game.

Sephiroth

Why is it everytime we win a championship

Reese and Coughlin feel compelled to make 6-7 personnel changes that result in an 8-8 follow up season?

We went 9-7 last season. I don't mind going 8-8 if it means we are still in the playoffs.

Stock is rising:

Dwayne Hendricks - A definitive standout performance last night. He was all over the field, I was even surprised to see him track down the Jags' QB on the far sideline on one play. Showed quickness, burst, and power. He probably elevated himself... I know after that display I want to see him against the starters for a series or two in the next game.

Adrian Tracy - Showed excellent pass rushing ability, really looked like a quality DE, getting to the QB multiple times. With Trattou out, Tracy can push for that 4th DE spot, and he put Trattou on notice last night.

I couldn't agree more with these two. They put on a show out there and more than deserve a shot at the starters sometime this preseason. I didn't like losing Tollefson but I feel more than comfortable going into the season with Tracy as the #4 DE.

Stock is falling:

Stevie Brown - You can't get trucked by a 3rd or 4th string running back for a TD when you have him lined up. You have to make a tackle there, and that's a play that will stick in Fewell's memory.

Matt McCants

These two probably looked the worst out there IMO. Dishonorable mention for Greg Jones, who totally wiffed on tackling the same RB that trucked Brown.

Oh, I'd also like to give an honorable mention to the whole special teams, who despite not having anyone who could catch the ball, seemed to dominate both returns (when they occurred) and coverage. Also Tynes was kicking-off longer than we're used to seeing, even put one out the back of the endzone.

Good point on Jones, I noticed that he missed that tackle as well, and I think Will Hill was right behind him and also missed a tackle there. But that's a play Jones has to make. I did not notice enough of him for him to make either category, though.

Good point on Jones, I noticed that he missed that tackle as well, and I think Will Hill was right behind him and also missed a tackle there. But that's a play Jones has to make. I did not notice enough of him for him to make either category, though.

From everything that I've read, both Jones and Paysinger are battling for the last spot on the team. If true, Paysinger looked like a man competing against a kid for the last slot. One can tell who spent the offseason doing whatever necessary to improve while the other one might have used his new celebrity status to chase women (or whatever). Paysinger was a monster out there. Hopefully, it's not an aberration and the sign of things to come.

Has 8-8 ever gotten anyone n the playoffs........I'll tell you what I want to do- Kick Dallas, Philly, GB, and SFO asses all over the field

It got that obscure team mired in mediocrity in one year... the New York Giants... in 2006. :doh:

Whats funny.. Is Jack is referencing what? The Last time we won the Superbowl we started the following season 11-1 then Plaxico Shot himself and shit went to hell

Word, I like this new era of Giants football....toughing out the injuries and adversity throughout the regular season and dominating the playoffs, when it actually matters.

Tom Coughlin has brought toughness to Giants football, despite us going to a passing offense and injuries happening in training camp every year, hah.

Word, I like this new era of Giants football....toughing out the injuries and adversity throughout the regular season and dominating the playoffs, when it actually matters.

Tom Coughlin has brought toughness to Giants football, despite us going to a passing offense and injuries happening in training camp every year, hah.

This coach, general manager and team have gotten me to the point where I won't even badmouth Gilfuck and his overly intricate and doctrinaire game plans .... :P Henceforth Coughlin will never again be referenced as Coach Cheerleader...Gillie will have to be part of another Super Bowl win before I deign to renounce his well earned nickname just yet. :P

This coach, general manager and team have gotten me to the point where I won't even badmouth Gilfuck and his overly intricate and doctrinaire game plans .... :P Henceforth Coughlin will never again be referenced as Coach Cheerleader...Gillie will have to be part of another Super Bowl win before I deign to renounce his well earned nickname just yet. :P

A lot are pretty critical with Gilbride.. I think some of that should be revisited.

Eli looked good.. he did throw into what became triple coverage quick.. luckily it fell incomplete.

Cool...I still have memories of how atrocious the first team offense played last preseason. Makes me not wanna watch.

-Z