SportsWrath

Giants have a predraft visit with Kevis Coley LB

Pizan

Giants | Team conducted a pre-draft visit with K. Coley

Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:05:53 -0700

Kareem Copeland, of the Hattiesburg American, reports the New York Giants conducted a pre-draft visit with Southern Mississippi LB Kevis Coley. "Best case scenario is going on the first day," Coley said. "Worst case is not getting in, I guess." Coley topped Conference USA with 150 tackles and added five sacks and four fumble recoveries.

You wont find him on most draft sites so I took the liberty to get some more info on him.

KEVIS COLEY

Kevis (6-0 7/8, 231) ran 4.51 with the wind and 4.52 against it. He had a 37½-inch vertical jump, a 9-foot-10 broad jump, a 4.43 short shuttle, a 6.90 three-cone drill and 19 benches.

Southern Miss MLB Kevis Coley – When a recap of the 2005 season is written, there ought to be a head shot of Coley under the Tackling Machine chapter. In his first year as a full-time starter, the 6-1, 228-pound senior went from solid role player to overnight superstar by collecting a whopping 144 stops, 11 tackles for loss and five sacks; against Alabama and NC State, Coley had 27 tackles and four tackles for loss. And in so doing, he was named Conference USA Defensive Player of the Year, carrying on a decade-long legacy of defensive excellence in Hattiesburg. Coley follows in the footsteps of ball hawking Southern Miss linebackers Rod Davis and Michael Boley, who received the honor in 2003 and 2004, respectively, and becomes the seventh Eagle to earn the distinction in the 10-year history of the league. Like Davis and Boley before him, he’s very physical, has a nose for the ball and plays with the spirit of a warrior, attributes that have vaulted him into next spring’s NFL Draft. If you lose track of the ball when Arkansas State is on offense, locate No. 45. Odds are, Kevis Coley won’t be more than a yard or two away from the play.

“I've got the killer instinct. I'm looking for the kill shot."

Guest Carbo
No you wouldn't. You strike me as being a person that has disco fever.
I think you're right. Behind his pompous facade we have Guido, from Flatbush.

Giants | Team conducted a pre-draft visit with K. Coley

Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:05:53 -0700

Kareem Copeland, of the Hattiesburg American, reports the New York Giants conducted a pre-draft visit with Southern Mississippi LB Kevis Coley. "Best case scenario is going on the first day," Coley said. "Worst case is not getting in, I guess." Coley topped Conference USA with 150 tackles and added five sacks and four fumble recoveries.

You wont find him on most draft sites so I took the liberty to get some more info on him.

KEVIS COLEY

Kevis (6-0 7/8, 231) ran 4.51 with the wind and 4.52 against it. He had a 37½-inch vertical jump, a 9-foot-10 broad jump, a 4.43 short shuttle, a 6.90 three-cone drill and 19 benches.

Southern Miss MLB Kevis Coley – When a recap of the 2005 season is written, there ought to be a head shot of Coley under the Tackling Machine chapter. In his first year as a full-time starter, the 6-1, 228-pound senior went from solid role player to overnight superstar by collecting a whopping 144 stops, 11 tackles for loss and five sacks; against Alabama and NC State, Coley had 27 tackles and four tackles for loss. And in so doing, he was named Conference USA Defensive Player of the Year, carrying on a decade-long legacy of defensive excellence in Hattiesburg. Coley follows in the footsteps of ball hawking Southern Miss linebackers Rod Davis and Michael Boley, who received the honor in 2003 and 2004, respectively, and becomes the seventh Eagle to earn the distinction in the 10-year history of the league. Like Davis and Boley before him, he’s very physical, has a nose for the ball and plays with the spirit of a warrior, attributes that have vaulted him into next spring’s NFL Draft. If you lose track of the ball when Arkansas State is on offense, locate No. 45. Odds are, Kevis Coley won’t be more than a yard or two away from the play.

“I've got the killer instinct. I'm looking for the kill shot."

So do you think the Giants have a chance of Drafting him :confused:

:P

:huh: I never said the Giants were going to draft him. I posted this because they were showing interest and a lot of the draft sites didnt have any info on him or even ranked when he should have been. Now he's signed with us and I believe has a good shot at making the roster.

:huh: I never said the Giants were going to draft him. I posted this because they were showing interest and a lot of the draft sites didnt have any info on him or even ranked when he should have been. Now he's signed with us and I believe has a good shot at making the roster.

I was just kidding around with you man :)

Iv always wanted the Giants to sign one of those undrafted Rookies who turns into a beast (Gates)...That would make one hell of a story for NY....This guy seems like he will excell at the next level, But then again you never know :confused: