SportsWrath

Giants @ Jax Post-Game Chatter

Allstarjim

So I caught a little of the online feed. What I could see, Wilson is as advertised, very tough to tackle, even much larger guys had trouble getting him to the ground, and he was very elusive.

It looks like the O-line depth is a major concern. I've been reading on BBI that Brewer was a turnstile at tackle, so was McCants. That's troubling. Beatty absolutely needs to get healthy and stay that way. I did read Locklear did pretty good as his replacement with the 1's.

Also read Bennett had a pretty great debut and blocked very well. I think he's #1 on the depth chart ahead of Bear (I didn't really have any doubt that's how it would end up anyway). If Ballard can have a decent season, then Bennett can have a pretty big year. Fantasy sleeper alert, watch out for Bennett.

Anyone else? The best thing about this game is that so far, it looks like the Giants escaped injury-free. So that's one in the books.

Perriloux looked oblivious. His checkdown was apparently invisible to him, and he just looked lost. Clearly can't manage game situations, and lost his place on the field throwing a pass 2 yards past the LOS.

Jernigan needs to show something at some point to prove he was worth a 3rd rounder. It was not lost on me that Barden got the start. I know, it's one preseason game this year, but he's made a lot of mistakes for the number of opportunities he's had going back to last year. That said, he just has to do the bare minimum to survive cuts this year. A third round pick isn't going to get cut prior to his sophomore season.

Really excited to see more of Wilson next week.

And you really can't over-state just how hilariously horrid the replacement officials are. This description of officiating is brought to you by Thesaurus.com... the word of the day is: Inept (adj) - unskillful, incompetent, artless, awkward, bumbling, bungling, incapable, inefficient, maladroit, unapt, unfacile, unproficient, bush-league, amateurish.

Here is a suggestion for the Commish:

http://www.letmeapologize.com/Apology/1399

LOL.

So I caught a little of the online feed. What I could see, Wilson is as advertised, very tough to tackle, even much larger guys had trouble getting him to the ground, and he was very elusive.

It looks like the O-line depth is a major concern. I've been reading on BBI that Brewer was a turnstile at tackle, so was McCants. That's troubling. Beatty absolutely needs to get healthy and stay that way. I did read Locklear did pretty good as his replacement with the 1's.

Also read Bennett had a pretty great debut and blocked very well. I think he's #1 on the depth chart ahead of Bear (I didn't really have any doubt that's how it would end up anyway). If Ballard can have a decent season, then Bennett can have a pretty big year. Fantasy sleeper alert, watch out for Bennett.

Anyone else? The best thing about this game is that so far, it looks like the Giants escaped injury-free. So that's one in the books.

Perriloux looked oblivious. His checkdown was apparently invisible to him, and he just looked lost. Clearly can't manage game situations, and lost his place on the field throwing a pass 2 yards past the LOS.

Jernigan needs to show something at some point to prove he was worth a 3rd rounder. It was not lost on me that Barden got the start. I know, it's one preseason game this year, but he's made a lot of mistakes for the number of opportunities he's had going back to last year. That said, he just has to do the bare minimum to survive cuts this year. A third round pick isn't going to get cut prior to his sophomore season.

Really excited to see more of Wilson next week.

And you really can't over-state just how hilariously horrid the replacement officials are. This description of officiating is brought to you by Thesaurus.com... the word of the day is: Inept (adj) - unskillful, incompetent, artless, awkward, bumbling, bungling, incapable, inefficient, maladroit, unapt, unfacile, unproficient, bush-league, amateurish.

Here is a suggestion for the Commish:

http://www.letmeapol...om/Apology/1399

LOL.

:LMAO: fucking hilarious, Jim. You don't happen to be a ref do you?

I was only able to watch the first half and the much latter part of the horrid 4th qtr. Eli looked good... I think that throw to the end zone was money.. the receiver dropped it.. OL looked good. I thought Wilson was small for some reason. but again he's a very young rookie so maybe I should temp my expectations a bit. Bennet looked like a beast out there.. great TD catch from Carr. DL sent me mixed signals...DEs were good DTs were not so good. Prince took a couple of upper cuts.. he played nervous.. he's under a lot of pressure to perform and he looks a bit rattled. Hopefully he settles down. Web was ok. I don't have an opinion on Herzlich I know the commentators kept singing his praises. Eli made a throw into what became triple coverage real quick.

I wish, Nas. But seriously, it really is that bad in all these games. It's not just a few blown calls. It's a complete lack of competence at every level. It's painful to watch at times.

I agree. I miss Herc, the dudes who officiated both of our super bowls. These guys like baseball umps trying to officiate football.