SportsWrath

"Plan B" (now that T2 is out)

JMFP

Let's atleast see how our young guys do.

I do agree that Reese could have atleast made him an offer but yet you dont wanna disrespect a guy who contributed to two rings with a crap offer.

Aaron Ross is making less than 1 million this year. You need to recheck those contract details...

I saw that he signed for 3 years $15 million.

If he's making less then $1 million then io don't understand why he's gone.

It's 3 years 9 and a half mil....I like Thomas and all but he was resigned for 4 years and 17 and a half mil....and he's been injured his entire football career.

It's 3 years 9 and a half mil....I like Thomas and all but he was resigned for 4 years and 17 and a half mil....and he's been injured his entire football career.

Thomas is only guaranteed $1 million though with that "knee clause"

He's been healthy for us his first 3 years, last year was his only injured year and now this. He maybe done.

Thomas is only guaranteed $1 million though with that "knee clause"

He's been healthy for us his first 3 years, last year was his only injured year and now this. He maybe done.

And in college. The guy has a history of horrible career-altering/performance-altering knee injuries. ALL I'm sayin'.

With Aaron Ross, I don't believe it had anything to do with money.

Isn't Ross like 31 and slower than his girlfriend?

He was just.... okay.... I'm happy going with everyone else. How quickly we forget how high the team was on Coe.

I'd rather have a veteran in Ross who knows what he's doing and has played in the defense for much longer than any of these guys you're talking about's careers. Then, considering that any of the young guys we have on the team now who 1. there's a reason why they weren't highly scouted or were released off other teams and 2. Most of them were pretty badly injured last year themselves.......there is NO REASON NOT TO RESIGN THE HEALTHIEST CB YOU'VE HAD IN RECENT YEARS. A CB who is solid and has played well on two SB teams. I swear, it's like Reese is scared of going into the season with a deep defensive backfield for once in the history of the Giants. It's so frustrating seeing our CBs and safety depth decimated by injury in the first fucking week of training camp every season.

And I don't remember anyone being high on Coe.

I'm pulling for this working out like our tight end situation last season, but I'm not holding my breath. Amukamara looked like garbage last year.

And Sonya Richards Ross is one of the fastest women in the world, it's not surprising she's "faster" than Ross, nor a knock on Ross. You ever actually see her run?

I know Ross is your boy Storm and I can respect that.

But did you seriously call Ross "the healthiest CB we've had in years?"

I agree that it would have been a safe bet to bring him back. But we got 10 guys who all have some type of ability competing at CB.

I know Ross is your boy Storm and I can respect that.

But did you seriously call Ross "the healthiest CB we've had in years?"

I agree that it would have been a safe bet to bring him back. But we got 10 guys who all have some type of ability competing at CB.

Well, Webster is, but next to him, who's been able to stay on the field? Ross missed most of 09 (12 games), other than that, he's been on the field.

Well, Webster is, but next to him, who's been able to stay on the field? Ross missed most of 09 (12 games), other than that, he's been on the field.

Yea Webster is the man. I love that guy.

T2 was ways healthy for us up until the ACL tear, it's a shame he had to go down like this. Best of luck to Aaron Ross too, he was a good Giant who more then lived up to his draft status for us all things considered.

Let's just hope some of our guys will step which I'm fairly confident in.

Said it before and I'll say it again... u have to be patient with rookies. Labeling Prince as some kind of bust when we are all aware of the labor issues that shortened camp last season as well as Prince's foot problems that kept him from participating even when it did start, it's a fool hardy line of thinking. If the Colts were as impatient with Peyton his rookie year as some of u guys are with Prince Peyton would've been one of the all-time greats for some other team.

Prince was the consensus 2nd best CB in the draft last year. He'll be ok. From the reports so far in camp, he looks like he's already come a long way. I think he has what it takes to be a great player for us this year. Pdub said he wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the season he is considered our best corner. I like Amukamara, and even if he ends up being a total bust, labeling him that right now would still be dumb.

So some people here need to get their fingers off the panic button, it's going to be ok.

I believe jayron Holsey is going to make a big impression this year. Guys who play in the bigger programs are going up against the top wideouts in the country every game and that experience is invaluable. On top of that he's a ball hawk with great closing speed. His big issue in the draft was his size. I honestly believe we may have something special here.

I like Webster a lot... How does he compare to Jason Sehorn?

Sehorn's 1997 year was one of the best seasons I've ever seen a corner have. He was really onto something before Jimmy Fassel let him talk him into taking backing kickoffs in preseason.

Every fucking year against the goddamn Jets we lose somebody who is going to play a huge role on our team. Sehorn, Osi, Tuck last season (he suffered the burner against them) I seriously think it's because the Jets treat it as their fucking superbowl.

I'd rather have a veteran in Ross who knows what he's doing and has played in the defense for much longer than any of these guys you're talking about's careers. Then, considering that any of the young guys we have on the team now who 1. there's a reason why they weren't highly scouted or were released off other teams and 2. Most of them were pretty badly injured last year themselves.......there is NO REASON NOT TO RESIGN THE HEALTHIEST CB YOU'VE HAD IN RECENT YEARS. A CB who is solid and has played well on two SB teams. I swear, it's like Reese is scared of going into the season with a deep defensive backfield for once in the history of the Giants. It's so frustrating seeing our CBs and safety depth decimated by injury in the first fucking week of training camp every season.

And I don't remember anyone being high on Coe.

I'm pulling for this working out like our tight end situation last season, but I'm not holding my breath. Amukamara looked like garbage last year.

And Sonya Richards Ross is one of the fastest women in the world, it's not surprising she's "faster" than Ross, nor a knock on Ross. You ever actually see her run?

Not sure what you saw from Prince to make you think he's a bust... throw the stuff from early in the season out the window, he had no prep time. He came on well at the end of the season.

I wasn't trying to say that Coe was a future pro bowler, the guy has bounced around the league... I'm just talking about a guy who can play well enough to fill out a roster and not embarrass himself out there. He got lots of playing time last year too.

I will say, I thought Ross was like 32.... looked it up though, he doesn't actually turn 30 until September. I was about to say, I'm not going to complain about losing a guy on the wrong side of 30, but Ross came into the NFL at 25... relatively fresh legs on him. Oh well... can't keep 'em all.

Not sure what you saw from Prince to make you think he's a bust... throw the stuff from early in the season out the window, he had no prep time. He came on well at the end of the season.

I wasn't trying to say that Coe was a future pro bowler, the guy has bounced around the league... I'm just talking about a guy who can play well enough to fill out a roster and not embarrass himself out there. He got lots of playing time last year too.

I will say, I thought Ross was like 32.... looked it up though, he doesn't actually turn 30 until September. I was about to say, I'm not going to complain about losing a guy on the wrong side of 30, but Ross came into the NFL at 25... relatively fresh legs on him. Oh well... can't keep 'em all.

Not trying to say he was a bust, just that he is essentially a year behind.