SportsWrath

Tyler Fucking Sash.....

Chuck Wagon

Unfortunately that's no shit Tree...but its a bitch to keep weight on with it.

If it clears the system that quckly...and he got busted in March......why would he be taking it after the season?

Kid does a lot of charity work in Iowa....and has to speak to lots of local Rotaries and Chambers etc.....it might be true.

C. Wagon ..

"Prescribed for an anxiety disorder" sounds like a) bullshit or b) a Dr. Feelgood script. Is it even approved for that use?

Amphetamines clear your system pretty fast, so he must have been tested within a few days of this "speaking engagement". I call bullshit. He was doing meth (the official passtime of Iowa, right? :P).

athletes use it all the time. MLB scoring is down across the board since the amphetamines ban cuz these guys were taking it every day.

i can definitely see players taking them to get through 2 a days

Its actually a fairly common script Tree from a couple of peopel I know who have this issue.

C. Wagon

I could be totally legit. Still, if he went to a doctor to get it, shouldn't his first thought have been to clear it with the team doctor? The guy's a pro athlete, I'm sure he's heard of Adderal before. At best he's been really stupid.

Sash media Q&A

----------------------

S Tyler Sash

August 1, 2012

Q: Can you shed any light on why your situation is different than Andre? He won his appeal for pretty much the same medication.

A: I think everybody’s situation is a little different so I can’t really compare myself to Andre. I just put something in my body that I had a prescription from my doctor for. But I am a professional and I need to handle myself in a professional manner, meaning I need to know all the rules. At that time I was not informed and I have to own up to my mistake and suffer the consequences. I just have to look at the positives, like the fact that I’m still on the team. I’m still going to practice and go through with all the preseason games. I’m excited about that.

Q: Were you surprised by all this?

A: Yeah, I was definitely surprised. I never felt like I’d be in this situation myself, just based on the way I was raised. My whole life I’ve felt like I’ve gone down the right path and now I’ve just hit a little bump in the road. Right now, I’ve got to handle my responsibility and be more informed next time. Obviously, I just have to know what’s going on with all the rules and things like that.

Q: When Andre went through the appeal process, were you aware of the situation and did you know that it was Adderall at that time?

A: No, I didn’t. Everybody’s situation is different and I didn’t know what it was. Everybody on this team is still my teammate, and I’m still everybody else’s teammate. Everybody is going to support you no matter what happens.

Q: But that didn’t set off a red flag that his was a positive test for Adderall?

A: No, it didn’t.

Q: Did you get any explanation at all from the NFL about the fact that you have a prescription? That seems to be how Andre Brown got his suspension overturned. Why didn’t the same thing happen with you?

A: That’s a good question because I would like to know that as well. I can’t comment on anything that happened with him because I don’t know all the ins and outs of his case compared to my case. I had a prescription but things happen. I guess the league looked at my situation differently from Andre’s and now I’ve got to deal with this.

Q: Did they tell you why they denied the appeal or did they just deny it?

A: They basically just deny it. I just got the call yesterday. This has been going on with me since April right before OTAs, so I’ve been dealing with this for a while now.

Q: Your agent had some strong words about the appeals process with the NFL. Do you feel like your case was fairly heard?

A: I can say yeah it is, but it’s hard knowing what I know and how I went about the process. I did everything they asked me to do except I guess from the start I didn’t hand in my prescription to the NFL which is the main reason why.

Q: You’ve been building up some momentum in training camp. Once that suspension hits how do you plan to keep that momentum going?

A: I’m going to stay mentally in tune and physically in tune. I’ll be trying to keep my body in the best condition that it can be and continue to train. It’s going to be tough watching my teammates for the first four weeks but I’m still with them during camp and the preseason. I’m going to contribute as much as I can during that time.

Q: What about the mental aspect? You’re not allowed to watch the film…?

A: Right now you’ve got to take as many notes as you can. During that time I’m sure I won’t be able to take my playbook with me but I’ll have notes on paper that I can go back and look at.

Q: Do the Giants have a rule that if you’re taking anything you need to tell them?

A: During the season I feel like it’s different, because when you’re in season you’re seeing all the trainers every day. In the offseason it’s different because you’re not communicating with them every day. I went to a hometown doctor of mine that I’ve known forever, so obviously I didn’t know that I had to speak with them. Every time I had a prescription I didn’t know that I had to turn around and tell the Giants about it.

Q: Do you think you were put at a disadvantage because you missed OTAs with the lockout last year?

A: You could say a little bit of that. You could point fingers everywhere but at the end of the day it comes down to me. I’m the one that did it. I’m the one who put it in my body and I’ve got to be responsible for what happens to myself.

"Prescribed for an anxiety disorder" sounds like a) bullshit or b) a Dr. Feelgood script. Is it even approved for that use?

It's prescribed for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder so unless he was speaking and then noticed a butterfly outside or something and was like, "oh, a butterfly", then no. Valium and shit like that is prescribed for anxiety that accompanies public speaking.

Unfortunately that's no shit Tree...but its a bitch to keep weight on with it.

If it clears the system that quckly...and he got busted in March......why would he be taking it after the season?

Kid does a lot of charity work in Iowa....and has to speak to lots of local Rotaries and Chambers etc.....it might be true.

C. Wagon ..

Its a possibility...as someone who deals with kids/adults on a daily basis with ADHD or various phobias/anxieties...however this is professional sports and I would adhere to Occam's Razor before giving in to a more esoteric explanation beyond that of performance/stamina enhancing.

Occam's razor (also written as Ockham's razor, Latin lex parsimoniae) is the law of parsimony, economy or succinctness. It is a principle urging one to select from among competing hypotheses that which makes the fewest assumptions. :P

yes it has off the label approval for such... but I think in this case he was coached to say that by whomever prescribed it for him...IMHO