SportsWrath

Osi says he's 100% for the first time since 2006

BleedinBlue

It would be wonderful to see the old Osi back.

Anyway, from ProFootballTalk:

It’s time to start getting used to a new Osi Umenyiora.

The Giants defensive end has spent most of the last few years as a reliable source for complaints. The popular refrains were that he wasn’t happy with his contract, he wasn’t happy coming off the bench and he wasn’t 100 percent physically. This year, though, Umenyiora has a new contract that is paying him more this year and making him a free agent after the season.

The complaints about his status in the defensive line pecking order disappeared once the contract was signed. And now Umenyiora is saying that he’s healthy as training camp starts for the first time since 2006.

“Yeah, health (matters), for sure,” Umenyiora said, via Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News. “Well I hope so because these last couple of years I’ve been playing with little nagging things here and there. But now for the first time in a while I feel relatively healthy and I hope I’m able to maintain that throughout the year.”

Umenyiora has had 40.5 sacks in his four seasons since 2006 (he missed all of 2008 with a knee injury), which makes you wonder what he would have done if he wasn’t beset by physical problems. If he can remain healthy this year, we might find out and that would likely make Umenyiora the owner of a lavish new contract next offseason. It probably won’t come from the Giants, who have to pay several younger players like defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul, but it doesn’t sound like the new Umenyiora will be complaining about that.

You mean the Osi that cant play the run and doesnt keep containment on the line? I like the Osi from last year. :ermm:

I'm trying to figure out if the 100% refers to health or effort.

100% until his contract runs out again.

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: Osi has got to be the biggest Cry Baby and all around Wine and Cheeser I have ever seen. Good posts all. :TU:

You don't love the longest tenured two time super bowl winning pro bowl elite pass rushing DE?

I love him!!! So much!!!

No, I love my wife.

You on the other hand have constantly professed your affection for other men. And the one time you tell us about a girl coming on to you, you sit there and do nothing.

You my friend are gay. There is nothing wrong with that. We all have come to terms with it.. Why can't you?

Lmao your such a dick!!

Yea I love men, just not in a gay way. Why can't someone be straight and love great men?

Oh and that one chick just had me retarded, i bang bitches all the time. There just not always 9s or 10s. I've mastered and have a comfort zone with the 4.5s-8.2s

Lmao your such a dick!!

Yea I love men, just not in a gay way. Why can't someone be straight and love great men?

Oh and that one chick just had me retarded, i bang bitches all the time. There just not always 9s or 10s. I've mastered and have a comfort zone with the 4.5s-8.2s

Hey man if thats what you need to tell yourself to be able to make it thru a day. Whatever.

Just know it's a brave new world out there. Being gay doesn't have the stigma it used to have. Come out of the closet when your ready. We won't think worse of you..

Hey man if thats what you need to tell yourself to be able to make it thru a day. Whatever.

Just know it's a brave new world out there. Being gay doesn't have the stigma it used to have. Come out of the closet when your ready. We won't think worse of you..

Your the one that just posted 20 pictures of kittens in the pnr section lol.

If I was gay, I'd be open about it, I'm all about civil Libertys and if i was homosexual I'd be flamboyant and very very openly gay. But unfortunately I'm not and have to deal with the power of pussy.