SportsWrath

T2 down with another knee injury.

Dragon

This was a possibility and Reese planned for it as well as anyone could possibly have. We have already seen players coming back from a season ending injury not fully recovered a year later and we have seen players get re-injured and lost for a second consecutive season. Salary cap wise, couldn't afford to keep Aaron Ross and considering his age, up & down seasons, why break the bank to keep him over other players?

This was a possibility and Reese planned for it as well as anyone could possibly have. We have already seen players coming back from a season ending injury not fully recovered a year later and we have seen players get re-injured and lost for a second consecutive season. Salary cap wise, couldn't afford to keep Aaron Ross and considering his age, up & down seasons, why break the bank to keep him over other players?

what other players were we going to lose that we didn't lose? It's not like we resigned Jake Ballard, either. There was money there and there is always room to wiggle. Ross is making less than 1 million dollars this season.

I could understand letting all the other guys walk and consider it addition by subtraction. Guys like Manningham and Jacobs. But not Ross. Not with the injury history of literally all the guys on that squad.

This is just shitty news all around, looks like the Giants are sticking true to having half of their team on IR before the first pre-season game.

Don't want to know what happens when players start hitting.

This means Princess is really going to have to step his game up to fill the void that Thomas will leave. Luckily Webster will still be able to shut down a teams number one and the Giants showed that they can win without Thomas.

Going to need some of these back up CBs to step up.

I just don't get the lack of trust in our scouting department, Marc Ross, and Jerry Reese with respect to Amukamara. He didn't even have the benefit of really any training camp (went down in the first practice), and had to learn the NFL game on the fly, and you know what? He wasn't Revis but he held his own. Even the best corners in the game get beat from time to time. He was a rookie coming in after more than half the season was done... Most rookies are afforded at least a little bit of a learning curve. I don't know of one rookie CB that came into the league and immediately was a shut down corner. Be patient with Prince. Not saying he's going to end up being an All-Pro but he has a good chance of being at least as good as Ross.

Everyone knew that choosing T2 over Ross was a gamble. Now it looks like a bad one. The thinking was that with T2 healthy, he was a better player than Ross. But he's not much good to us now. Yes, Reese easily could've given Ross a contract... This is what Jacksonville gave him, per Rotoworld:

3/20/2012: Signed a three-year, $9.75 million contract. The deal included a $1 million signing bonus and a first-year roster bonus of $250,000. Another $5.25 million is available through incentives. 2012: $950,000 (+ $50,000 workout bonus), 2013: $2.2 million (+ $1.5 million roster bonus), 2014: $3.7 million, 2015: Free Agency.

This is what we gave T2:

3/13/2012: Signed a four-year, $17.4 million contract. The deal contains $11 million guaranteed, including a $1 million signing bonus. Another $11 million is available through incentives based on playing time and interceptions. 2012: $1 million, 2013: $750,000 (+ $6 million option bonus + $1.5 million roster bonus), 2014: $3.8 million, 2015: $4.75 million, 2016: Free Agent

So yeah, they could've played it the other way and kept Ross around. Count me in the camp that this isn't necessarily the end for T2. I think he can still come back from this. This isn't just about this year. They can shut him down and get him re-habbing again to get ready for 2013. But that's unlikely by the looks of that contract. Not sure how the $11 mil guaranteed will count against the cap if we cut him after this season. It looks like a bad gamble in hindsight. But if they were both healthy, you'd rather keep T2. I realize this is pretty irrelevant.

But I still have a lot of faith in what Prince can do, and I think Coe can be a good nickel CB. Hosley also has the talent, and was drafted to be a nickel CB. His game is perfectly suited for the quick slot guys. Don't forget the Giants also signed Antwuan Molden, and Tryon is also back although I'm not a big believer in his game, I've been wrong before. There's Bruce Johnson, too, who I also think is a scrub. And then there is an unknown in UDFA Janzen Jackson, who I think is a better fit at safety. He does have corner speed, though.

What this means right now is that the Giants have no room for error for further injury at the position, particularly with Webster and Amukamara.

If he has re-re-torn the ACL (we don't know for sure that this isn't just a clean-out job) then his only option is a cadaverous ACL as they've already taken as much of his own tendons as they can. That means anti-rejection drugs and a lot longer recovery. The Giants aren't going to bet $7.5 mil in 2013 bonus cash by keeping him around.

Yeah, I don't think so, either, Tree. But I'm not sure what a partial tear means. If it's a slight partial tear, that doesn't mean the previously repaired ACL is toast does it? They can re-hab the knee, maybe?

All depends on how loose the joint is. If the knee has swollen up they won't know for a while.

Speaking of drastic surgery; how's the back?

getting better I guess, its hard to tell..Im back to work and the brace is off..I started pt this past week. Its really still too soon to tell..but everything looks good, but I wont be able to tell if it helped until I get deeper into pt..but so far, so good.

Thanks for asking

I agree with Tree...poor kid is going to need knee replacement before he is 30 if he keeps this up. Terrible

Yeah, he's getting to that point where he needs to just bank what he's earned and think of his post-football career.

And you said my Iggs were poorly managed. :P

Frankly, I think the Giants and Eagles are both pretty well-run.

But Reese does drive me batty sometimes with how he handles the vets.

Frankly, I think the Giants and Eagles are both pretty well-run.

But Reese does drive me batty sometimes with how he handles the vets.

That's because he (Reese) knows more about his players than we do... (see Steve Smith).

And Yes I agree the Giants and the Eagles are well run.

This. Far better than the other two teams in our division.

You have to give a little, be it much less than the Giants or Eagles, respect to the Redskins of late for not playing fantasy football every offseason any more. Having Shanahan in there has done them a world of good...not necessarily from a talent/play perspective, but from an organizational/management perspective, he's made a positive impact for sure.

You have to give a little, be it much less than the Giants or Eagles, respect to the Redskins of late for not playing fantasy football every offseason any more. Having Shanahan in there has done them a world of good...not necessarily from a talent/play perspective, but from an organizational/management perspective, he's made a positive impact for sure.

I didn't say they were the worst, just worse than the Iggs and G-Men.