SportsWrath

The REAL Play that Won us the Super Bowl

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

Let's be honest here fellas. Things were looking bleak until this game and in particular......THIS play. All that shit talking by Rex and the Jets woke the sleeping bear that is the NY Giants. The best christmas present came on the eve....and it catapulted us right to a Super Bowl win:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwj90GMIeu8

IDK.......Manningham's sideline catch may have the edge on this. If we wanna make a case for plays outsidw the superbowl, Bradshaw getting out of bounds an Nicks TD to end the half against Aron Rogers and the Pack is a big one.

But that was still one helluva move by Cruz to split the secondary.

It's amazing. Before that play, the Giants were sputtering and the Jets were dominating the game.

That play changed the season for 2 teams. The Giants won the Superbowl and the Jets watched the Giants win the Superbowl, just like they have the last 4 times.

Guest StrahansGap

Chuz has to be one of the fastest athletes in Sports (Olympics included)

Is Chuz Cruz's Mexican brother?

It's amazing. Before that play, the Giants were sputtering and the Jets were dominating the game.

That play changed the season for 2 teams. The Giants won the Superbowl and the Jets watched the Giants win the Superbowl, just like they have the last 4 times.

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: All my fake ass Jests fans before that play were calling and texting shit like crazy...afterwards it was Sounds of Silence............ big%20F-U.gif big%20F-U.gif big%20F-U.gif

Well you can't have a play that wins us the Super Bowl that didn't actually occur in the actual Super Bowl. As a momentum changer for the season, that was as big of a play as there is. Cruz loves playing the Jets, lol. Preseason or regular season, doesn't matter.

But in the actual Super Bowl, I thought the Chase INT was as big as the Manningham catch.

Cruz isn't even close to being our fastest WR.

I'd put victor up against any of them with full pads on......his ability to pull away from opposing Dbacks is something I have not seen in a Giants player since Homer Jones, who was a world class sprinter....there is a lot of technique in Olympic running that is not totally foot speed related

Did you put the Giants players on the stopwatch last season?.............or are you going by ancient combine stats. If we are going by combine stats I have no comment. That speaks for itself

I'd put victor up against any of them with full pads on......his ability to pull away from opposing Dbacks is something I have not seen in a Giants player since Homer Jones, who was a world class sprinter....there is a lot of technique in Olympic running that is not totally foot speed related

Did you put the Giants players on the stopwatch last season?.............or are you going by ancient combine stats. If we are going by combine stats I have no comment. That speaks for itself

Cruz never went to the NFL combine.

He had a college pro day though.

Well you can't have a play that wins us the Super Bowl that didn't actually occur in the actual Super Bowl. As a momentum changer for the season, that was as big of a play as there is. Cruz loves playing the Jets, lol. Preseason or regular season, doesn't matter.

But in the actual Super Bowl, I thought the Chase INT was as big as the Manningham catch.

TBH the most pivotal plays in the SB were mostly NE's mistakes. Drops by Welker, Hernadez, Branch (though it was just tipped by Phillips) and an underthrown deep ball from Brady (Chase's pick).

I loved Mario's comment about his catch though; "That's just Eli, man. Cool as the other side of the pillow".

I saw a sideline angle view on you tube that you never see on TV

Someone took a video of Cruz after he split the defender and headed up the sideline..... the video was taken from the sideline as he turned and headed past the camera.........he was practically a blur

Picture the NASCAR camera where they show the cars wizzing by...............thats kind of what it looked like....indescribable really

If he's not the fastest Giants player, I'd like to see that guy catch Victor from behind...........impossible

You should kiss the ground and be very happy he is our "Jeremy Lin"- a miracle dropped in our laps..............lets hope Mara has more sense than the "little toad" Dolan

I saw a sideline angle view on you tube that you never see on TV

Someone took a video of Cruz after he split the defender and headed up the sideline..... the video was taken from the sideline as he turned and headed past the camera.........he was practically a blur

Picture the NASCAR camera where they show the cars wizzing by...............thats kind of what it looked like....indescribable really

If he's not the fastest Giants player, I'd like to see that guy catch Victor from behind...........impossible

You should kiss the ground and be very happy he is our "Jeremy Lin"- a miracle dropped in our laps..............lets hope Mara has more sense than the "little toad" Dolan

care to share that video?

I dont know where it is but I do remember the other 99 yd pass

Bart Starr calmly lobbed it over our left side DB to a WR and it was clear sailing to the end zone

We had crowded the LOS looking for a run.....Starr was looking for the TD....the man had cajonnes of STEEL

What about the play where Bradshw completely trucked the Jets lone defender on the way to the end zone.......funny how our supposedly weak oline opened up that hole you could drive an ice cream truck through

One play doesn't make up for the season Jack. But yes that play was amazing especially against the Jets.

Let's be honest here fellas. Things were looking bleak until this game and in particular......THIS play. All that shit talking by Rex and the Jets woke the sleeping bear that is the NY Giants. The best christmas present came on the eve....and it catapulted us right to a Super Bowl win:

This is true.

However, I'd also like to note that Ramses Barden was pivotal on that play too. If Barden doesn't drop the two passes put directly in his hands on the previous two plays, then the 99 yard TD never happens.

Not many players would be that unselfish.

I agree....that was a fucking HUGE play. Literally flipped the script on that Jets game.

And, if we had lost to the Jets, the Eagles would have won the NFC east.

In my opinion, that was at least the biggest play of the season.....the postseason was it's own story, IMHO.

This is true.

However, I'd also like to note that Ramses Barden was pivotal on that play too. If Barden doesn't drop the two passes put directly in his hands on the previous two plays, then the 99 yard TD never happens.

Not many players would be that unselfish.

LOL