SportsWrath

toomer says romo is better than eli

Herc

Romo is probably the best I've ever seen at pick-6s to end the game for the other team, though....

And he has one of the best playoff chokes of recent times, too, what with his inability to get the ball down on the ground for a kick

And apparently, like they say, the better golf swing

Romo is probably the best I've ever seen at pick-6s to end the game for the other team, though....

And he has one of the best playoff chokes of recent times, too, what with his inability to get the ball down on the ground for a kick

And apparently, like they say, the better golf swing

Romo attended Kerry Collins pick six academy every summer and is now a certified pick six instructor

"I was all set -- Romo's no good, he's a fourth-quarter choker -- and then I started doing my job," Toomer said Friday. "I started looking at the numbers. I started looking at the statistics. I started looking at the quarterback rating. And I was shocked. I was shocked at how good Tony Romo's statistics really were. This guy is really impressive."

really just shows how much toomer is paying attention to the game. it's common knowledge that romo puts up close to elite stats. nice to see our wonderful american meritocracy at work as usual.

i know he is choosing his words carefully but i dont see the point in making the argument he is making. he threw for more tds--big deal. eli threw for more yards. who cares? eli wins games. at this point giant fans are conditioned to expect to win when we're down by a score and have the ball with 2 minutes left. i expect this kind of analysis from a stat geek but not from a former pro football player who should value the wins more than the stats

"I was all set -- Romo's no good, he's a fourth-quarter choker -- and then I started doing my job," Toomer said Friday. "I started looking at the numbers. I started looking at the statistics. I started looking at the quarterback rating. And I was shocked. I was shocked at how good Tony Romo's statistics really were. This guy is really impressive."

really just shows how much toomer is paying attention to the game. it's common knowledge that romo puts up close to elite stats. nice to see our wonderful american meritocracy at work as usual.

i know he is choosing his words carefully but i dont see the point in making the argument he is making. he threw for more tds--big deal. eli threw for more yards. who cares? eli wins games. at this point giant fans are conditioned to expect to win when we're down by a score and have the ball with 2 minutes left. i expect this kind of analysis from a stat geek but not from a former pro football player who should value the wins more than the stats

I dont think he is making a point in any argument.

He was asked who he though was the better QB, he said Romo was the better QB statistically from a TD to INT stand point.

It's like you said common knowledge that Romo is a great passer in the league stats wise, however when it comes to winning games Eli is obviously the QB you want starting on your team.

Like I said before it's just the media making a big deal out of nothing and people following along with it.

Surprised people on here have been reading into it as much as they have.

or as Jason Kidd when asked on ESPN whether he cared about not starting said

"I dont need the laser lights and the starter hoopla

I want the ball in my hands for the last 6 minutes of the game"

Toomer is totally brain dead to the fact its the end of the game and the end of the season that count the most....WRs must live in a football bubble Duhhhhhh!!!

I dont think he is making a point in any argument.

He was asked who he though was the better QB, he said Romo was the better QB statistically from a TD to INT stand point.

It's like you said common knowledge that Romo is a great passer in the league stats wise, however when it comes to winning games Eli is obviously the QB you want starting on your team.

Like I said before it's just the media making a big deal out of nothing and people following along with it.

Surprised people on here have been reading into it as much as they have.

i just don't get the argument. if someone asks me who the best basketball player of the 90's was i'm not going to say "well statistically karl malone scored the most points. I'M JUST SAYING STATISTICALLY THOUGH" the answer is obvious. no one asked him who the best qb was statistically, they just asked who the best qb was. unless he thinks romo is better than eli and he wants to bring that up as supporting evidence i don't see why he'd bother mentioning it

i just don't get the argument. if someone asks me who the best basketball player of the 90's was i'm not going to say "well statistically karl malone scored the most points. I'M JUST SAYING STATISTICALLY THOUGH" the answer is obvious. no one asked him who the best qb was statistically, they just asked who the best qb was. unless he thinks romo is better than eli and he wants to bring that up as supporting evidence i don't see why he'd bother mentioning it

But what I'm saying is what did Toomer say that is actually wrong? Did he ever say once in any of these remarks, "Tony Romo is heads and tails better then Eli, Eli isnt even in the same league as him" ?

"If I wanted a guy that is going to throw less interceptions and be more productive, higher completion percentage, I'm going to go with Tony Romo"

"Tony Romo is probably, if you look at it, statistically, he's probably the best quarterback in the NFC East"

Are either of these false statements by Toomer? Toomer even said Eli was the guy to go to in crunch time, he just gave an opinion that happened to be against his former team mate. Ex-players do it all the time in the media, it's nothing new.

Tiki did the exact same thing about Eli and his leadership and at the time Tiki was right Eli wasnt ready to be the leader of the New York Giants. He then matured into a SB MVP QB and shut Tiki up though.

I'll love the Giants until I'm eventually put six feet under and I'll agree it was interesting to see Toomer say these things but at the end of the day they arnt like he made something up and it's not like it's that big of a deal. Eli is obviously the better QB.

It's just the media likes to make it a big deal, it is the off season after all.

Regardless if he meant any harm or not, before all of this, he just isn't a very good analyst. Tiki wasn't either. I'd take Howard Cross or carl Banks over them anyday.

And Amani for some reason seems like a bitter person, and I've no idea why, he had a good career and he has a superbowl ring. I remember being at the parade and watching one float with Amani just standing there and I've never seen a guy look so unhappy. He was getting into shit with Shockey earlier this year also, when he didn't need to.

The well dressed Amani Toomer has left the Giants tribe and family.............banished forever.....by some incredibly poorly timed, brain dead pronouncements.

Two of our best ever players- Tiki and Toomer have shoved their foots so far down their throats they came out their asses

Tiki works for a shipping company now........his football careers and broadcasting careers aborted

Toomer will forever be booed if he attends a Giants home game.........even his buddy Osi tweeted that exact fact.....Even ESPN won't stand by him

He was fried wholesale by Micheal Kay on NY ESPN radio Friday in person........dug his own grave, would not back down, and in the end could not name his own OC..........bet he knows the Cowboys OC LOL

GREATER LOVE HATH NO MAN- its incredible how much love Amani is giving Eli while he twists the knife in his back LOL

AMANI TOOMER DOESN'T BACK DOWN, STILL INSISTS ROMO IS A BETTER QUARTERBACK THAN ELI MANNING

"Amani Toomer may have raised the ire of the Giants fans who once cheered him on but he didn't back off his Tony Romo is better than Eli Manning remarks Friday.

Toomer, appearing on ESPN Radio with Michael Kay, said he researched the stats beforehand and that they point to the Cowboy QB.

"I'm not dissing Eli," he told Kay. "It's more of an affirmation of Tony Romo and how good he is."

Toomer's argument is that Romo's stats are better and that Manning has been on better teams with better support, hence his eight playoff wins (and two Super Bowls) to Romo's one.

"Of course he's proved he can do it but he's proved that he could do it within the function of a great team, a great organization, the same head coach and he's been in the same system the entire time," he said of his ex-teammate.

"I talked with Zach Thomas who played with Tony Romo under Wade Phillips and he said it was a joke. They were listening to rap music before the practices. They weren't focusing in at all. And what's Tony Romo going to do in that type of situation?

"There are a lot of advantages that Eli has had and I realize that he's taken advantage of them but you've got to look at the numbers and how productive Tony Romo has been over his entire career and you've got to match up the numbers."

In fact, Toomer took that a little further.

"I think you belittle the rest of the Giants by saying Eli's won eight playoff games, Eli's won this," he said. "He has but he's been on some really good teams that jelled well together on these playoff runs."

Toomer said he was ready to pile on Romo a couple of weeks ago, but was doing some show prep for his SIRIUS radio show with Tom Ryan when he began to look at Romo differently.

"I was all set ... Romo's no good, he's a fourth-quarter choke and then I started doing my job," he said. "I started looking at the numbers, I started looking at the fourth quarter statistics. I started looking at the quarterback rating and was shocked. I was shocked at how good Tony Romo's statistics really were. This guy is very impressive."

Then, on Thursday his co-host, Tim Ryan, said that Manning was the best QB in the NFC East and predicted that the Giants would win the division again.

"And I was like, 'wait a minute.' All this information I had gathered on Tony Romo, I couldn't let him get away with it," Toomer said. "So I said, 'you know what? Tony Romo could be statistically a better quarterback.'"

Kay asked Toomer if he had to pick either to win a game with, which QB he'd pick. He said it was an unfair question because he played with Manning who is No. 1 in his heart.

"I love Eli. I respect the hell out of him," he said. "But I've got to do my job and go beyond what the perception is because perception doesn't go hand in hand with the reality."

Kay asked Toomer if he understand the reaction of Giants fans who have lumped him in with Tiki Barber, another Manning critic.

"I do and I love the Giants fans as well. I also have a job to do and I don't think they'd want me to just sit up there and wave my Giants flag," he said. "I don't think I'd have as much credibility on the national stage. I'm

trying to be as objective as I can and I hope Giants fans understand that.

"I loved being a Giant and I love Eli Manning. He was one of the best guys I ever played with. He was the guy who after I got released by the Giants, he was the only one who stepped up and gave me a phone call and told me how much he appreciated my help to develop him as a quarterback."

Hey Amani- The only stage you have is the one built on your success as a Giant........you just blew up the stage and all your bridges buddy

Regardless if he meant any harm or not, before all of this, he just isn't a very good analyst. Tiki wasn't either. I'd take Howard Cross or carl Banks over them anyday.

And Amani for some reason seems like a bitter person, and I've no idea why, he had a good career and he has a superbowl ring. I remember being at the parade and watching one float with Amani just standing there and I've never seen a guy look so unhappy. He was getting into shit with Shockey earlier this year also, when he didn't need to.

All kidding aside Boo...I think it might have something to do with his gold digger wife...and the two abortions she had without telling him. He wanted kids and it warped his mind. That plus having to deal with shitty QB's other than maybe Collins or Warner for most of his career. But I feel ya...sometimes you have to just let shit go and get on with your life.

All kidding aside Boo...I think it might have something to do with his gold digger wife...and the two abortions she had without telling him. He wanted kids and it warped his mind. That plus having to deal with shitty QB's other than maybe Collins or Warner for most of his career. But I feel ya...sometimes you have to just let shit go and get on with your life.

I mean that would explain a lot T. It just looked a little surreal watching the guy on a float in a parade like that and he just looked awfully unhappy to be there.

I mean that would explain a lot T. It just looked a little surreal watching the guy on a float in a parade like that and he just looked awfully unhappy to be there.

Yeah I remember that too...watching the highlights...lolol...I actually got to that parade early...but had to leave early because of a work deadline...Hopefully the third time is the charm man... :LMAO:

Yeah I remember that too...watching the highlights...lolol...I actually got to that parade early...but had to leave early because of a work deadline...Hopefully the third time is the charm man... :LMAO:

Why do you need a fkn parade anyway......I understand why he was somber if he was not drunk

Isn't a trophy, a check, a ring and a visit to the white house enough for them