SportsWrath

here is our OLine at? rate it

JackStroud

First of all I do not understand moving Diehl to RT

Why mess with success?

I like Petrus and Boothe........I think Baas was a big mistake...he is a back up at best on a championship team

I'd move Petrus to Guard, leave Diehl out on the blind side and put Boothe out at RT

Baas is a back up on a championship team......on a regular team he could start

Eli was getting terrible pressure up the middle last year and we could not run up the middle........Baas is a BIG disappointment . Diehl has played LT forever....why change it? and Boothe and Petrus can really run block extremely well.....they give a real push up the middle

I'll give you that Bass struggled most of the season. I think the lockout was a factor and he was also bothered by injuries. He did play better in the playoffs. At any rate, he signed a big contract, so you better hope a full off season and good health makes a difference, because he's going to play until he proves he was a mistake.....which I don't think will happen.

I agree on Petrus and Booth - both looked damn good and Booth showed he could play center, too.....maybe he gets into the tackle mix but I think it's more likely those two compete for the LG spot in camp.

Giants do not walk away from high draft choices in whom they invest years of coaching/developing. That describes Beatty. He was a #2, sat and learned for two years, started last year, did OK -not great but not terrible, either. Certainly, he showed enough for 1st time as a starter that he will be given every opportunity to continue to grow and improve. If he is healthy, LT is his to lose.

Which means Diehl's best shot at a starting job is RT, where he'll compete with Brewer......but he'll be ready to play LT if Beatty isn't healthy or disappoints.

This is the unit I find most interesting and bears the most watching going into camp. It really all comes down to whether Beatty is the guy at LT. Once we have that answer, the other dominoes will fall into place.

I'll give Baas another year to settle in; locked out, the injuries, the merry-go-round at LG and Snee didn't have a great regular season either.

Excuses excuses..............lets face it Jerry wiffed big time on Baas.........Jerry is not good with free agents, perhaps our free scouting group sucks

On draft choices Jerry is usually right on the money.....on free agent so so.

If Baas plays like he did last year Eli could get injured in a game like the San Fran game......you want to risk that?

I think Boothe did great... I'm not too sure he can handle a full time 16 game slugfest. Baas didn't do as expected because we compare him to O'Hara in his prime and the fact that he was signed a free agent dubbed the best center available in free agency... I'm hoping his 2nd season is much better and expect that much. Petrus should start.

Baas sucks the big one........he was glaringly overpowered all season long......we do not need any liabilities out there.

Somehow Baas pulled it together for the playoffs, so perhaps there is hope

The giants rarely admit to free agent mistakes

Our oline had a bad regular season as a whole. In the playoffs they looked much better (aside from nearly getting Eli killed in SFO). That being said I'd give them a 5-6 out of 10 currently, but I'm not gonna judge them as a failure. They had an off year. I'm not too fond of Baas, but then again I got used to O'Hara tossing lineman around on a regular basis. We'll see how they improve this year