SportsWrath

Giants' hidden treasure: Linebackers

Nas

I think Kiwi is our best LB right now. I like Boley but I don't think he's that great. I have great hope for Rivers to surprise everyone and live up to his draft position... but if not Williams was really good last year with no camp and as a rookie.. overall every team has to have a weakness of some kind and if LB is our weakness then we're much stronger in that weakness than the last couple of years.

Lol that was one rosy description of our linebackers. Boley when healthy is our best linebacker no question. Kiwanuka has settled In at linebacker and looks great.

Then we have the others:

Blackburn is a smart veteran who peaked long ago. Williams has the greatest potential of the linebackers left to be mentioned.

Jones/herzlich/paysinger were ineffective last season outside of special teams. Much room for improvement.

Sintim experiment should be over but worry not, we now have Rivers. Never seen him play but first rounders that don't pan out with their first team have a hard time recovering. I cant think of one in the last ten years.

agreed on boley, easily are best linebacker.

Boley is up and down........he's is no star.......he's a piece of the puzzle, no more no less....his best statistical years were at Atlanta

at 230 hes smallish........Other than Blackburn and Kiwanuka we have had way too many smallish Lbers in the last decade.....you need LBers who rattle teeth and knock the snot out of ball carriers

Here are Boley's career stats

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/8574/michael-boley

If Blackburn peaked long ago it was at specials.......he has played very very little LBer for the Giants (he had his best run at the end of the 2011 season, when he finally got to start)......most of his Giants career Blackburn was backing up the equally "smallish" Pierce and rarely saw the field at MLBer ...........so the comment he peaked long ago is total BS

Actually looking at pure Stats its Boley that peaked long ago.....in Atlanta he was producing reasonable sacks and INTs in Atlanta

LOL sure he is.........he a friggen ALL PRO.....Anyone that thinks Blackburn's return and the start of our march to the SB were anything more than a coincidence is delusional

Blackburn was good for us, but Boley is simply much better.

Really Tempest thinks Blackburn is washed up......he apparently had his best days years and years ago :o(

What is Boley better at.....can you be more specific? I see him as a very average LBer who once in a blue moon can get to the QB

None of the Giants LBers are outstanding........they are solid now that they have a MLBer

You do not need all pro LBers with our front 4 and back 4

LOL sure he is.........he a friggen ALL PRO.....Anyone that thinks Blackburn's return and the start of our march to the SB were anything more than a coincidence is delusional

LOL. You realize you're saying that Blackburn's return WAS a coincidence and that people who think it wasn't a coincidence....are delusional. You're calling yourself delusional, ya asshat.

Duhhhhhhh

I was joking with you....of course Blackburn solidifies our D

The whole league was running all over us until Blackburn returned. Not to mention all the completed passes over the middle.

He saved our season, and Coughlin's job.

I'll have to keep a closer eye on all that pass D Boley provides this year.........strange how Boley's pass D never results in any INTs

I don't think he's washed up, we've simply seen everything he has to offer. Not getting any faster or stronger.

Yeah we don't need all pro bowl players at linebacker, how about one though?

Really Tempest thinks Blackburn is washed up......he apparently had his best days years and years ago :o(

What is Boley better at.....can you be more specific? I see him as a very average LBer who once in a blue moon can get to the QB

None of the Giants LBers are outstanding........they are solid now that they have a MLBer

You do not need all pro LBers with our front 4 and back 4

I don't think he's washed up, we've simply seen everything he has to offer. Not getting any faster or stronger.

Yeah we don't need all pro bowl players at linebacker, how about one though?

You have no idea what you are talking about.......the MLBers main job is to punish the runner

Blackburn hit the"Law Firm" so damm hard in the SB he ricocheted off JPP and almost took JPP out......Pierre-Paul lay on the ground for a disturbingly long time next to the pancaked running back.

Its been so long since we had a punishing MLBer (Harry Carson) you cannot appreciate Blackburn's value........it is what it is....thank God you are not calling the shots, you would move the smallish Boley (230lbs) to the middle most likely, and it would be a monumental disaster

I know you want a very athletic fast MLBer........there has only been one in the last 40 years that combined the hard hitting and the WR speed- Urlacher, the LBer Chase most resembles but admittedly does not move at the "young" Urlachers speed.....the old Urlacher is slower than Blackburn and has a bad back.

LMAO

You have no idea what you are talking about.......the MLBers main job is to punish the runner

Blackburn hit the"Law Firm" so damm hard in the SB he ricocheted off JPP and almost took JPP out......Pierre-Paul lay on the ground for a disturbingly long time next to the pancaked running back.

Its been so long since we had a punishing MLBer (Harry Carson) you cannot appreciate Blackburn's value........it is what it is....thank God you are not calling the shots, you would move the smallish Boley (230lbs) to the middle most likely, and it would be a monumental disaster

I know you want a very athletic fast MLBer........there has only been one in the last 40 years that combined the hard hitting and the WR speed- Urlacher, the LBer Chase most resembles but admittedly does not move at the "young" Urlachers speed.....the old Urlacher is slower than Blackburn and has a bad back.

Let me enjoy Blackburn.......you guys keep your eyes on Boley.......don't look away, he might make an INT and you will miss it

how bout my Boy shoving that Neanderthal Gronkowski out of the way and intercepting Brady.......Giselle like Chase.....he can catch her husbands throws

LOL

how bout my Boy shoving that Neanderthal Gronkowski put of the way and intercepting Brady.......Giselle like Chase.....he can catch her husbands throws

You're saying it should have been a PI penalty?

Aww man you said Blackburn and Boley are both good, prepare for the wrath of jack

I think Blackburn and Boley are both good and I don't think LB is a problem at all. Nobody remembers this from a few years ago, btw Papa says Tuck but Chase gets there about 5 secs before Tuck.

On Sirius last night Zig Fracassi (one of my favorite football analysts) credited the Giants front 7 as the biggest factor in the great Giants SB run last year.

Some guy from Boston called in and tried to defend Brady's losses to Eli and it was absolutely drop dead hillarious...... He was screaming and he said he wanted to "reach through the wire and choke the previous caller" who proclaimed Eli as "the owner" of Tom Brady LOL

Very Entertaining to be King of the Mountain and watch these pompous Patriot fans squirm

You're saying it should have been a PI penalty?

NO they were 35 yds downfield

the ball was up for grabs and Blackburn had as much right to go for the ball as Frankenstein

PS- If Frankenstein was so crippled, how did he get 35 yds downfield- golf cart?