SportsWrath

Eagles 10-6 Giants 9-7

Nas

I admit I have never watched Rivers play, but going by the Giants track record of bringing in garbage free agents in at LBer I'm not expecting him to play like Mike Singletary.......... Maybe he plays small. If it looks too good to be true, it usually is

He must be a real wuss then if Jerry emphatically stated he is NOT a MLBer and no one has ever put a guy that size in the middle.........maybe he has "playbook" issues LOL

you got a quote of jerry saying that?

here's fewell:

Fewell said he plans to move Rivers around in different positions, including middle linebacker.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/index/_/count/46

My bad........it was Fewell who said it. Its in an interview of Fewell on the Giants website.

When will you guys tire of wishing for a stud LBer to emerge from some other teams leavings.

Reminds me of people panning for gold in the Hudson river

I just went through the transcripts on there, he doesn't say anything like that, in fact he says rivers will be playing some mike.

At some point in time, he’ll play some Mike linebacker for us as we continue in our OTAs.

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Coordinator-Fewell-anxious-for-Camp-Battles/8bceb602-3ebc-4cb7-b612-abfb2df09e27

and he should rotate through there........does that mean he masters the most mentally demanding position on the world Champs D.......hmmmmm

unlikley, unless we were desperate......which we are not

Sounds like you are not happy with Chase at MLBer........me I like sticking with a Lombardi tested formula

and he should rotate through there........does that mean he masters the most mentally demanding position on the world Champs D.......hmmmmm

unlikley, unless we were desperate......which we are not

Sounds like you are not happy with Chase at MLBer........me I like sticking with a Lombardi tested formula

Actually it just sounds like I was proving you were once again talking out of your ass. I didn't say anything about if I was happy with Chase at MLBer or not.

I'm good with whoever wins the battle, but neither reese nor fewell "emphatically stated he is NOT a MLBer"

Actually it just sounds like I was proving you were once again talking out of your ass. I didn't say anything about if I was happy with Chase at MLBer or not.

I'm good with whoever wins the battle, but neither reese nor fewell "emphatically stated he is NOT a MLBer"

Where has he played MLBer in the NFL........has he started as a MLBer?

Do you have any idea how difficult that position is..............play it bad and the whole D falls apart

We have SB winning MLBer who out-musculed Frankenstein downfield to intercept Brady.....ran the table after being re-called off the couch......enough of this nonsense

You're up against Jack logic.

You wont win.

Do you have any idea how difficult that position is..............play it bad and the whole D falls apart

We have SB winning MLBer who out-musculed Frankenstein downfield to intercept Brady.....ran the table after being re-called off the couch......enough of this nonsense

irrelevant, all i did was expose your claim of what was said about rivers as a lie.

He didn't really out-muscle him...he outjumped him because Gronkowski had a bum-ankle and literally jumped a half-inche off the ground....

I admit I have never watched Rivers play,

Enough said. He's a former first round pick, has had trouble staying on the field because of injury, and Cincinatti signed Thomas Howard last year, plus have Mauluga and Manny Lawson... they are not going to pay a guy $2 million plus when they have continuity and quality linebackers in the fold. Considering Rivers hasn't been able to play enough to justify his draft position, it's a fair statement to say he's an unknown quantity. But it's also a fair statement to say that Reese has been a very good talent-evaluator, and he's bringing in a former first round pick that he obviously likes.

I said Chase was a role player because I don't expect him to start this year, I think he will be the first linebacker off the bench. Our top 3 linebackers I project to be Boley, Rivers, and Kiwi, and whether or not Boley slides to the middle or Rivers plays that spot isn't something I'm worried about, I think that's how it's going to shake out. Nonetheless, I'm not selling Chase short at all. He could very well win the job and I have confidence in him to play well. I think Chase has proven himself as a quality player in the NFL. And like Pdub, I'm good with whoever wins the job. Should be a nice camp battle.

But you're the one making judgements like he's a throway linebacker from another team. Yet at the same time you acknowledge never having seen him play, Jack.... so basically you're saying you don't know how good he is and you're just talking out of your butt again. Either way, we need quality depth, and whether that depth is Rivers or Blackburn I'm happy that we have it.

Enough said. He's a former first round pick, has had trouble staying on the field because of injury, and Cincinatti signed Thomas Howard last year, plus have Mauluga and Manny Lawson... they are not going to pay a guy $2 million plus when they have continuity and quality linebackers in the fold. Considering Rivers hasn't been able to play enough to justify his draft position, it's a fair statement to say he's an unknown quantity. But it's also a fair statement to say that Reese has been a very good talent-evaluator, and he's bringing in a former first round pick that he obviously likes.

I said Chase was a role player because I don't expect him to start this year, I think he will be the first linebacker off the bench. Our top 3 linebackers I project to be Boley, Rivers, and Kiwi, and whether or not Boley slides to the middle or Rivers plays that spot isn't something I'm worried about, I think that's how it's going to shake out. Nonetheless, I'm not selling Chase short at all. He could very well win the job and I have confidence in him to play well. I think Chase has proven himself as a quality player in the NFL. And like Pdub, I'm good with whoever wins the job. Should be a nice camp battle.

But you're the one making judgements like he's a throway linebacker from another team. Yet at the same time you acknowledge never having seen him play, Jack.... so basically you're saying you don't know how good he is and you're just talking out of your butt again. Either way, we need quality depth, and whether that depth is Rivers or Blackburn I'm happy that we have it.

Chase will start and thrive at MLBer for the Giants this year.......my comment revolved around Reese's talent for picking up LBers........his record is ABYSMAL, horrible........you would do better throwing darts at a LBer free agent list. the guy is good but when it comes to LBer he is the worst

If Reese picked him and he's a LBer and he's coming from another team he is likely terrible........Reese would not know a good LBer if he tripped over one

Boley impressed with Rivers, report says

NYG.png June 21, 2012 1:50 p.m. - by Alex Raskin

WLB Michael Boley has been impressed with recent acquisition Keith Rivers. “He came in and he's done some tremendous work," Rivers told ESPNNewYork.com. "He's picked up things pretty well." Rivers' presence could force Boley to play MLB. For now, Boley is still on the weakside, but Boley said “you never know” when asked if there's a chance he could switch.

New York Giants RapidReports | All National Football League RapidReports

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/19397195

the Trojan coaching staff committed to bestowing Rivers, a worthy future player, with the famed USC linebacker jersey # 55 to wear during his Trojan career, which is selectively awarded and has traditionally been given to a promising linebacker with the potential of becoming a USC football and NFL great, and includes past Trojan and NFL star players, all members of the so-called USC linebacker "Club 55", such as Junior Seau, Willie McGinest and Chris Claiborne.[2][3]

USC linebacker coach Ken Norton Jr nicknamed Rivers "the Shark" for his aggressive play on the field, juxtaposed to his polite demeanor off of it.[4]

I admit I have never watched Rivers play, but going by the Giants track record of bringing in garbage free agents in at LBer I'm not expecting him to play like Mike Singletary

Garbage like Boley,Pierce,Barrow?