SportsWrath

Justin Tucks new facemask

Lughead

over the top.

Not when you're worried about your health.

Justin Tuck beefs up facemask, adds diagonal bars

• By Dan Hanzus
  • Writer
  • Published: June 12, 2012 at 03:57 p.m.
  • Updated: June 12, 2012 at 05:22 p.m.

New York Giants defensive end Justin Tuck doesn't want to make it easy for you to grab his facemask.

Tuck dealt with that problem last season, when he suspected opponents were attempting to aggravate a neck injury by sticking their hands in his helmet and yanking.

That's why Tuck went with a busier facemask design last October that included six horizontal bars as opposed to the standard four.

Now Tuck is going next level with the whole operation, apparently determined to turn his head into a fortress of solitude.

Holy moly, check out Justin Tuck's new facemask: pic.twitter.com/zRr85MgZ

- Paul Lukas (@UniWatch)

As the fine folks at Uni-Watch.com show us, the number of horizontal bars is now down to five, but Tuck also has 12 diagonal bars doing all sorts of business in front of his face.

The message is clear: "Feel free to aggravate my neck burner boys, but the remnants of your fingers are mine forever."

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

Debate what? Player safety?

What exactly are you getting at here?

I'm not sure a face mask needs to look like that to do what it's supposed to do. Reminds me of the Vikings player who used to paint his entire face.... the league stopped that and I can see the league doing the same here.

I'm not sure a face mask needs to look like that to do what it's supposed to do. Reminds me of the Vikings player who used to paint his entire face.... the league stopped that and I can see the league doing the same here.

John Randle?

nfl_g_johnrants_576.jpg

He was allowed to do that every single game he played in, I'm surprised he didnt come out at his HoF ceremony with his face painted.

John Randle?

nfl_g_johnrants_576.jpg

He was allowed to do that every single game he played in, I'm surprised he didnt come out at his HoF ceremony with his face painted.

As I recall the league said no. He had a lot more area covered than this pic above.

It has nothing to do with what John Randle did.

The NFL isn't going to take away something THAT IS GOING TO PROTECT PLAYER SAFETY.

Have you been under a rock lately?

It has nothing to do with what John Randle did.

The NFL isn't going to take away something THAT IS GOING TO PROTECT PLAYER SAFETY.

Have you been under a rock lately?

Oh jeez... can't you just disagree without referring to my caves in Yemen? :)

Chris Canty said he’s impressed by Justin Tuck’s new facemask, but he has something better coming. “I know he’s got the new one,” he said. “I’m waiting to unveil mine … Tuck’s is pretty cool. But I’ll unveil Maximus pretty soon. Maximus is what we’re going to call it.”

http://sulia.com/channel/new-york-giants/f/8a5a6db5-ab66-4268-9397-67ab955926e4/?source=twitter

Chris Canty said he’s impressed by Justin Tuck’s new facemask, but he has something better coming. “I know he’s got the new one,” he said. “I’m waiting to unveil mine … Tuck’s is pretty cool. But I’ll unveil Maximus pretty soon. Maximus is what we’re going to call it.”

http://sulia.com/cha...?source=twitter

Reminds me of Zoolander talking about Magnum.