SportsWrath

Dave Diehl DWI

Lughead

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

New York Giants offensive tackle David Diehl was arrested for driving while intoxicated (DWI) after hitting a couple of parked cars on Sunday evening in Queens, New York, the New York Police Department told NFL.com.

Diehl was taken into custody but it is unknown whether he was still being held by police.

Police said that charges were still pending

Say it aint so Davey!

6a00d83451c29169e200e552653b3b8834-800wi.jpg

everyone's done it, not everyone's been caught. i dont even blink at news like this with athletes anymore

While it is a very, very serious offense (trust me, I've got one, I got it about 2 and a half years ago, I was almost 23, old enough to know better but taught for YEARS it was OK to go out and have a few for dinner or something and drive home---it's not)....I also do not even blink at news like this. He made a stupid ass mistake that everyone who has ever drank has done before. And I mean literally every person who has ever drank, has driven home with more than a .06 (DWAI) or more at least once.

When I got mine, a lot of people talked shit about me and treated me like I was some leper....I was driving, got a flat tire, an officer stopped to help me and BAM, just like that, DUI. I had to take a like DUI education class and view pretty gory and graphic images, and listen to horror stories and and listen to disfigured people that were effected by a drunk drivers tell their stories in person. While I admit that I 100% fucked up, I did not even come close to hitting anyone, was STOPPED on the side of the road after I got the flat tire, wasn't being dangerous about anything, and to top it off, I was about 3 miles from home, easily walking distance (which I was going to do when the officer pulled over). I think it's kind of cruel to punish people the way they do for something that, back shit, prolly 25-30 years ago, the officer would have DROVE ME HOME to my parents and let them handle it.

I honestly never drive drunk, ever.

I take a cab or just smoke and fly instead.

That said, I think they should fix it so that .07-.20 are allowed the opportunity to pass a tough field sobriety test at a 90% clip. Anyone over .20 would then be fined just $300 but also have to attend 4 AA meetings and clean 2 parks. That's if I was president or governor.

Some people can handle drinking and driving and others are a great danger to others. This works the same way with smoking and driving except smoking and driving is much smarter as long as you have a clean car and ozium.

Guest StrahansGap

He must've been really fucked up to have crashed into several parked cars. Some cops would've given him a pass if he didn't crash into other cars. Once you cause damage or loss of a person or property, all bets are off. He's a big boy. I'm sure he'll learn from this.

That's going to cost him some games off, courtesty of the Commissioner. The O line was already the most unsettled unit going into camp. Snee and Bass are the only two I'm sure of. There's competition in every other spot and Diehl is right in the middle of the mix at RT and maybe LT and G, too. Now if he's gone for the first four games, that puts a whole new light on things.

This is so unlike Diehl. But we've all done it to a certain extent. I was pulled over.. partly shit drunk but mainly sick to my stomach because of the shitty drinks... kindda hard to argue when your eyes are shot and you look like you were dying... luckily (and I wish I know who those 2 officers were.. who treated me like their brother). I was driving in the back streets of west village.. avoiding the West Side highway... driving 25 mph taking my time trying to get home after drinks made me sick... I didn't realize I was intoxicated.

I was pulled over.. the cop whom I recall was of Asian descent leaned forward and said "bro, what you doing?". I was shocked.. very shocked. He basically said "You either go to the hospital or we take you with us". Feeling like crap I basically said "Whatever you want sir". Then I proceeded to tell him I wasn't feeling well at all.. stating shitty drinks have made me sick to my stomach. He asked me to get out of the car... he got in my car and drove it up on the sidewalk to make room for traffic as it was a tiny street... He then told me to stand there till I feel well enough to drive. I waited a good 45 minutes and drove home. To this day I count my blessings and I'm thankful for what that officer (and his partner) did for me.

That's going to cost him some games off, courtesty of the Commissioner. The O line was already the most unsettled unit going into camp. Snee and Bass are the only two I'm sure of. There's competition in every other spot and Diehl is right in the middle of the mix at RT and maybe LT and G, too. Now if he's gone for the first four games, that puts a whole new light on things.

Don't know about missing games on a first offense. I thought it was usually repeat offenders that got the 4 game suspensions. Not saying Diehl won't miss a game or two, cause he might, but I wouldn't say it's a foregone conclusion either.

I honestly never drive drunk, ever.

I take a cab or just smoke and fly instead.

That said, I think they should fix it so that .07-.20 are allowed the opportunity to pass a tough field sobriety test at a 90% clip. Anyone over .20 would then be fined just $300 but also have to attend 4 AA meetings and clean 2 parks. That's if I was president or governor.

Some people can handle drinking and driving and others are a great danger to others. This works the same way with smoking and driving except smoking and driving is much smarter as long as you have a clean car and ozium.

How many parks would you have to clean for killing someone while drunk behind the wheel?

What a fuck up!!!

All the money in the world to hire a designated driver or a cabbie, but noooooo, I will drive and fuck up my life instead.

I can almost understand people who live paycheck to paycheck and can barely make ends meet avoiding a cab fare, but NFL players have enough money to avoid stupid, stupid things like this. Pisses me off cuz I like the guy and now I don't think he's nearly as smart as I used to think.

How many parks would you have to clean for killing someone while drunk behind the wheel?

That's a whole new ball game.

$2,500 fine

6 months - 1 year in jail

25 AA meetings

5 years probation

Clean as many parks as the age of the victim

1 year of house arrest after everything else

$2,500 fine

25 AA meetings

5 years probation

Fuck, hope I only kill a three year-old.

$2,500 fine

25 AA meetings

5 years probation

15razb5.gif

TAXI!. I've had a DWI and perhaps I'm in no position to speak on the matter but considering professional athletes and their financial situation it seems like a no brainer to call a cab. I would have more fun knowing I have a ride home.

TAXI!. I've had a DWI and perhaps I'm in no position to speak on the matter but considering professional athletes and their financial situation it seems like a no brainer to call a cab. I would have more fun knowing I have a ride home.

making good decisions is much easier sober than drunk.

$2,500 fine

25 AA meetings

5 years probation

I don't know man. The offense is the same regardless. Dude drove drunk. I don't think that the penalty should be lightened just because he got lucky and didn't kill someone. Likewise, I don't know that someone should get a stiffer penalty when something awful does happen. Furthermore, I don't think the penalty should be heightened simply because he's wealthy and can afford to go a different route by taking a cab or using some limo service. When it comes to the law, I think that there is far too much gray area built in as is.

You're drinking and driving...I think that there should be a pretty consistent penalty REGARDLESS of ACTUAL outcome. The penalty should be assessed based upon what potentially COULD happen.