SportsWrath

If Jacobs doesn't retire a Giant down the road, I'll be shocked

Tempest

http://sports.yahoo....-224310864.html

You're 6 years old, and you love football. Specifically, you love the New York Giants and their big, bruising running back Brandon Jacobs.

One day, you hear that Brandon Jacobs isn't playing for the Giants anymore; he's playing for some other team that wears different colors in some other place way far away. You ask your mother to explain, and she tells you that the Giants just don't have enough money to keep Brandon Jacobs.

So you think to yourself, "Oh? Is that it? Money? All that we need to fix this is money? I have money! I'll send it to Brandon Jacobs and everything will be fine! Here! Here's money! All better!"

And this arrived in Brandon Jacobs' mailbox:

Letter-to-Brandon-Jacobs.jpg

Jacobs shared the image on Tuesday via Twitter, saying that he cried and is considering paying the little fella a surprise visit. I hope he does.

Somehow, the $3.36 failed to void an NFL contract and get Jacobs back with the Giants. He remains a 49er, but hopefully, young Joseph has found a way to heal his broken little heart.

Maybe I'm jaded, but the mom is the one who sent the letter and included his allowance money! I realize it's the kid's idea, but I'm a little skeptical about this mom's intentions with the letter.

OK... Now that I got that off my chest, I have to say that it's a very heart warming story, er, if you have a heart, unlike me. :(

Maybe I'm jaded, but the mom is the one who sent the letter and included his allowance money! I realize it's the kid's idea, but I'm a little skeptical about this mom's intentions with the letter.

OK... Now that I got that off my chest, I have to say that it's a very heart warming story, er, if you have a heart, unlike me. :(

Damn, I was going to post this tittled, ........ "Would Jacobs could return to the Giants for an additional 3.36 ..... "

I should have my son write a letter to Mario and offer something like $8.23 and see if he will fly back to NY and take us all out to Chucky cheese....... hey a free meal is a free meal right?........ hmmmmmm wonder what Tolly is up to ,I'll text my Daughter and tell her she needs to write a note.

ok all joking aside. I love the kids Passion and the best part is he probably doesnt even know he has it.

What a cheap family.

Penny's? Really? Nice gesture but they could have just sent a $5 dollar bill. Jacobs would appreciate it more since it's just one bill and it's less messy.

36d8kj.jpg

I should have my son write a letter to Mario and offer something like $8.23 and see if he will fly back to NY and take us all out to Chucky cheese....... hey a free meal is a free meal right?

Mario doesn't know how to count past $4.50 I don't think... it's a nice idea though.

It costs more to mail those pennies than they are worth. (because of the weight)

Depends.. if they are old enough copper prices are up lately. Had a homeless guy ripping exposed wires off of one of the bridges i work at last week.

Depends.. if they are old enough copper prices are up lately. Had a homeless guy ripping exposed wires off of one of the bridges i work at last week.

Welcome back G. You were missed.