SportsWrath

2012 Fantasy Football Rankings

BronxRik

2012_FFRankings.jpg

This is odd to me. Not trying to be a homer, but a 2 time Superbowl MVP and the current world champion is # 9? Below Peyton (who didn't even PRACTICE last year), Romo, and Stafford? Really??? I know these lists don't usually mean a thing, but this list is ranking players where they will be for the FF drafts. Personally, I would have put Eli at 4 below Rodgers, Brady, and Brees.

Full List

Stafford threw for more than 5K yards. Eli was just shy. I would have Eli over Rivers and Romo, though, just on a fantasy basis, otherwise I think the rankings are fair. Fantasy points don't correlate perfectly with how you would rank the best players at their position. Like Cam Newton, obviously he's not going to be your pick over Eli, but with his ability to put up rushing totals and score rushing TD's, he's a more valuable fantasy commodity.

Stafford threw for more than 5K yards. Eli was just shy. I would have Eli over Rivers and Romo, though, just on a fantasy basis, otherwise I think the rankings are fair. Fantasy points don't correlate perfectly with how you would rank the best players at their position. Like Cam Newton, obviously he's not going to be your pick over Eli, but with his ability to put up rushing totals and score rushing TD's, he's a more valuable fantasy commodity.

Yeah all I remember hearing was that there were three QBs who threw for more then 5k yards this year or something so I really didnt pay much attention to it.

I had both Eli and Romo in my league last year. Eli put up the better fantasy numbers pretty consistently over Romo, though Romo did win a few weeks. Out of the 17 weeks, Romo probably won 5 or 6 of them.

Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Stafford should all be ahead of Eli. Peyton is a bit of a wildcard and a risk. All signs point to the fact he's healthy, but a new system, a new coach, new receivers...I don't know. Just risky.

I'd take Eli 5th overall.

Cam Newton and Michael Vick...are interesting prospects for their rushing statistics. With the rushing stats...in my opinion, they're kinda cancelled out by the turnover stats coupled with the potential for injury.

Fantasy numbers don't really mean a whole lot. If your team has a shitty defense and is playing from behind a lot, you'll be high on the fantasy chart.

A few years back Kyle Orton finished something like 6th among QBs in fantasy.

and clutch game winning or tying touchdowns don't give you more fantasy points than other touchdowns. although that would be a cool thing to implement.

Like an extra point or two if the TD is in the last 5 minutes of the 2nd or 4th quarters? I'd like that.

What about a lead changing scoring play being an extra point? Would be nice to reward the game winning FG that lifts a team from losing by 2 to winning by 1...with more than the same points a guy would get for a chip shot on a drive in the 1st qtr that failed to get a TD.