SportsWrath

Nice quote on Kenny Phillips

osi724dasack

Dave Merritt the Saftey coach said the following...

Safety coach Dave Merritt thinks of Kenny Phillips as ideal player for a three-safety set. Then told me a story: "(Jason) Witten told me when I went to the Pro Bowl two years ago when Antrel invited me, Witten said, when 21's in the post, we don't ever try to throw anything deep because we know he can go and get it. He said but if I see anybody else back there, Romo knows, we're going deep. That was comforting for me to hear."

One of the more underrated players in the NFL.

This guy plays the deep ball as good as anyone in football, is a physical presence at 6-2 220, has incredible range and fluidity in his hips. He is a great tackler and IMO would excel in the Deon Grant role. However his presence on the deep ball is too valuable to make him play up

In the box routinely.

One of the more underrated players in the NFL.

This guy plays the deep ball as good as anyone in football, is a physical presence at 6-2 220, has incredible range and fluidity in his hips. He is a great tackler and IMO would excel in the Deon Grant role. However his presence on the deep ball is too valuable to make him play up

In the box routinely.

I know Kenny Phillips makes you cream your pants... I'm just so fucking excited to see what Wilson and the rest of the rookies can do. Remember 2007 we had like 4 of our rookies contribute to the SB season.. not sure who the rookies were but AB, Steve Smith.. Boss...

Yea sorry this thread is about Kenny Phillips... carry on :)

Speaking of Safety, anyone have a good idea as to who that third one is going to be if it is not Deon Grant?

Unfortunately it's probly gonna be us using an extra CB or even get Jaquain Williams some looks in that role. I'd rather jab 3 good safety's but as long as 21 and 26 stay healthy we will be fine