SportsWrath

JPP - Is He The Best Pass Rusher in the Past Decade?

BleedinBlue

During the regular season, Gronk was unstoppable. Absolutely no doubt (in my mind anyway) that Gronk was a game changer and by far, the best TE the game has seen in some time. You can't judge any athlete by one game.

But back to JPP....I was worried when the Giants took a shot at him by drafting him in the first round. I am really glad they did because he is setting the benchmark for that position and he's still young and learning the game.

Let's be fair here. First off, one ankle injury isn't the same as the next. And, the competition in the Super Bowl was probably a bit stiffer than your pickup game.

Gronk is a very good player, and he did not look 100% in the Super Bowl. Whether he is a top 7 player in the league is a different argument, but he did average more than 1 touchdown per game. He's pretty damn good.

I don't think that's fair to say at all... when people play a game.. at least when I played, I didn't take it easy because it's a mere pick up game... I had my ankle crack when I was tackled from behind by a guy 100+ lbs heavier than me... he heard a pop too.. i was in pain.. limped to the car .. grabbed some tape and taped the fuck out of my ankle... later in the ER i was told it was fractured. This is not to say one person is tougher or what not... I happened to think humans tend to be tougher in general... he was well enough to play...

I don't think that's fair to say at all... when people play a game.. at least when I played, I didn't take it easy because it's a mere pick up game... I had my ankle crack when I was tackled from behind by a guy 100+ lbs heavier than me... he heard a pop too.. i was in pain.. limped to the car .. grabbed some tape and taped the fuck out of my ankle... later in the ER i was told it was fractured. This is not to say one person is tougher or what not... I happened to think humans tend to be tougher in general... he was well enough to play...

Ummm yeah. He did play in the game. He didn't do shit in the game because he was hurt and playing against professional athletes in the Super Bowl, not randoms in a pick up game in the park.

Ummm yeah. He did play in the game. He didn't do shit in the game because he was hurt and playing against professional athletes in the Super Bowl, not randoms in a pick up game in the park.

When Blackburn can cover you there is a problem. :P

The point I'm making is that some injuries are not hard to play thru... shit he was dancing up a storm rolling on E a few days later.. which tells me he wasn't all that injured in the first place.

The point I'm making is that some injuries are not hard to play thru... shit he was dancing up a storm rolling on E a few days later.. which tells me he wasn't all that injured in the first place.

Actually it was the same night that he was dancing with all those men.

I don't ever remember seeing a TE that's as freakishly gifted as Gronkowski. Guy seems like he's 11 feet tall, strong as an ox, and is too fast for a linebacker to keep up with him.

JPP is pretty amazing as well, but let's see what he does in the next few years.

Agreed.....he's been awesome so far, but I need more than 2 seasons to put him above every DE drafted in the past decade.