SportsWrath

Osi Wishes McCoy a "Happy Mothers' Day" - the feud continues

BleedinBlue

Osi Umenyiora wishes LeSean McCoy a happy Mother’s Day

Posted by Josh Alper on May 13, 2012, 10:13 AM EDT

Last year, Eagles running back LeSean Mccoy touched off a feud with Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora by calling Umenyiora "overated and soft".

Umenyiora replied by calling McCoy “she” and “Lady Gaga” and held onto the animosity well into the regular season. You might think that winning a Super Bowl while the Eagles made the playoffs gave Umenyiora the last laugh, but you’d be wrong. Umenyiora used Mother’s Day as a way to stoke the flames via Twitter.

“Happy Mothers Day Lesean Mccoy (sic)! Enjoy your special day!!”

Umenyiora then tweeted that “the beef is never over.” McCoy has not responded on his own Twitter account, although it’s probably a good bet that there will be some response from the running back before the next game between the two teams.

That game will be on NBC, as it happens, in Week Four of the 2012 season.

--------------------------------------------

Boys will be boys. I like Osi's attitude towards McCoy :F-U:

It's funny the media call this a "feud"

When off the field more then likely both these guys are good friends or something.

they probably call it a feud because it has history.

last offseason:

Eagles running back LeSean McCoy's 50-yard touchdown against the Giants last year nearly didn't happen. And it would have actually been a huge play for the Giants if Osi Umenyiora's fingertips were a tad longer.

That play ate up Umenyiora — partly because it was a game-winning score on fourth-and-inches, but also because of who scored: McCoy, who criticized Umenyora on Twitter Thursday by calling him "Overrated n soft 3rd best d-line on his team honestly."

Umenyiora fired back today by suggesting McCoy is even softer.

"I mean, he’s a girl, man. Who does stuff like that?" Umenyiora said by phone this afternoon. "If he has more of these things to say, he can say ‘em to my face. Don’t be no Twitter gangster man."

Umenyiora, who referred to McCoy as "Lady Gaga," said the two have had heated exchanges between the lines.

"Yeah, me and him, we had words on the field — both times we played. I hate him, he hates me, period," Umenyiora said. "He chose to take that off the field and make it public when it’s something that’s between me and him. It’s something we can address on the football field. He let the whole world know about it, so I’m going to respond."

Attempts to reach McCoy through his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, and his Twitter account were not immediately successful.

Umenyiora claims McCoy, who rushed for 175 yards on 24 carries in two games against the Giants last season, has thrown some intense barbs his way - and that he's fired back.

"Oh, he said all kinds of stuff. He called me an ‘African (expletive).’ It was bad," Umenyiora said. "It was pretty intense between me and him. I said a couple of things to him. I don’t remember exactly what I said, but it was rough."

Rough but expected - on the field exclusively, in Umenyiora's mind.

"Absolutely. People talk trash, people go at each other," Umenyiora said when asked if he's accustomed to such chatter. "This is a very violent and physical game. You’re attacking each other, you’re hitting each other. Things are going to get heated, especially against Philly.

"This year was the worst in my eight-year career as far as animosity toward that team. There’s a real hatred toward Philly and there’s a real hatred for them toward us. So it was rough out there. But I feel things like that stay on the football field. Off the field, we respect each other because at the end of the day we’re all brothers. But he decided to take it so far that there’s no going back from it now."

Of course, if Umenyiora doesn't get a new contract from the Giants and forces a trade to another team, he won't get to participate in a rivalry he seems to enjoy.

"Right, I won’t. But I’ll see him somewhere for sure," he said of McCoy. "It’s going to continue, man. There’s going to be no going back from this one because I feel he crossed the line."

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/06/giants_osi_umenyiora_on_eagles.html

I remember a time when Derrick Jeter came to bat in Boston. The crowd booed, started chanting, "Jeter Sucks, Jeter Sucks", which turned to a stadium wide chant of "Jeter Swallows, Jeter Swallows", etc. (Classy folks up there in Boston, but....).

So anyway....Jeter rips a single to the opposite field. As he's standing on first base, some mouthy fan screamed, "you fuckin suck Jeter". Jeter looked at the guy and smiled, then casually picked one finger up at a time until he had four fingers up and showed them to the fan indicating the 4 World Series rings he had at the time. The guy shut up and Jeter stole second base. This was back in the day when the Red Sox hadn't won a World Series since the 1700's or something like that so it was like pouring salt in an open wound.

Regardless....all Osi really has to do is show McCoy his two Super Bowl rings and he automatcally wins the feud hands down. But I agree with the article....I think Osi enjoys the feud and it wouldn't surprise me if the two guys are actually pals.

Personally.. I think grown men shouldn't be in engaging in this shit. Osi... your team just won the super bowl... again. Never fight down.

Or you know, like I said their friends outside of the game and the media is just making it a big deal.

Its definitely a personal beef that went public last year. Funny thing to me is I think they are both right about the other.

Yeah, to me, this doesn't sound like two professional football players tossing good-natured digs at each other publicly. They both have said some pretty nasty and insulting things to each other. And no one has any idea the full extent, because for the most part, it happens on the football field.

they might have been lying in bed one morning and thought this whole thing up as a way to get extra publicity for each other, then they got up and ate some French Toast and bacon together.

I'm not sayin that's what happened, but just sayin, ya know?

I remember a time when Derrick Jeter came to bat in Boston. The crowd booed, started chanting, "Jeter Sucks, Jeter Sucks", which turned to a stadium wide chant of "Jeter Swallows, Jeter Swallows", etc. (Classy folks up there in Boston, but....).

So anyway....Jeter rips a single to the opposite field. As he's standing on first base, some mouthy fan screamed, "you fuckin suck Jeter". Jeter looked at the guy and smiled, then casually picked one finger up at a time until he had four fingers up and showed them to the fan indicating the 4 World Series rings he had at the time. The guy shut up and Jeter stole second base. This was back in the day when the Red Sox hadn't won a World Series since the 1700's or something like that so it was like pouring salt in an open wound.

Regardless....all Osi really has to do is show McCoy his two Super Bowl rings and he automatcally wins the feud hands down. But I agree with the article....I think Osi enjoys the feud and it wouldn't surprise me if the two guys are actually pals.

BLEEDIN!!!! How could you!!!!........Its DEREK Jeter!!!!

Cmon MAAAAN!!!! :cheers: