SportsWrath

New York Giants Best Draft of All Time

Virginia Giant

I was going to make a poll of a select few draft years from the last 20 or so years, but a topic like this is going to have some different opinions. Some of the guys that have been around a little longer might recall draft classes from days gone by that are important to mention.

So what was the best or most important draft class in the history of this team.

2005 was a big year. With 4 picks the Giants selected 3 players that would go on to become key members of 2 super bowl winning teams.

2: Webster

3: Tuck

4: Jacobs

6: Eric Moore

Ofr course the year we got Eli and Snee was a prety good year too.

I was just going to say 2004.

Without Eli the Giants do not have two more Lombardi trophies in their collection.

But if we are just talking about over all the best draft that we have got the most contribution/longevity from players I would think maybe 1993, able to get both Strahan and Armstead.

LT changed the game forever, even if JPP has a career much like Strahan, LT will still be the better defensive player.

Maybe, but from the way I look at it, JPP has the potential to be MUCH better then Strahan. That's pretty damn good. We have never seen a player like JPP. And don't say Peppers because Peppers doesn't have half the heart JPP has. JPP scares and excites me.

Maybe, but from the way I look at it, JPP has the potential to be MUCH better then Strahan. That's pretty damn good. We have never seen a player like JPP. And don't say Peppers because Peppers doesn't have half the heart JPP has. JPP scares and excites me.

Oh I agree, if JPP keeps playing like he is he's going to have a much more successful career then Strahan, which I think is funny we retire one HoF DE and we have another who might just be a better DE.

Just to me LT changed the game because no one had seen a LB like him at any point in NFL history. JPP is coming in to a franchise that has recently seen Strahan and still have Tuck and Osi.

But yeah we can agree that JPP has an almost unimaginable potential to be the best DE to ever suit up in Blue and this is coming from a guy who owns five Strahan jerseys.

Yup I couldn't agree more, I was also a massive Strahan fan and in already admitting JPP can be much better, he's just such an awesome player.

It's hard for me to comment on LT though, I really didn't see much of him LIVE, I've seen the superbowld and some of those playoff games on DVD though and LT stood out like a beast. I fully aknowledge LT as the greatest defensive player in NFL history as of today though.

LT changed the game forever, even if JPP has a career much like Strahan, LT will still be the better defensive player.

A bit premature to say so. While reaching LT's level is a tall order, It's not out of the realm of possibilities for someone to surpass it...

I was just going to say 2004.

Without Eli the Giants do not have two more Lombardi trophies in their collection.

But if we are just talking about over all the best draft that we have got the most contribution/longevity from players I would think maybe 1993, able to get both Strahan and Armstead.

But the Giants drafted Rivers. :ph34r:

1984 draft wasn't bad: Banks, Hostetler, and Lionel Manuel.

1985 offseason was good as well: Bavaro, Stacy Robinson, and Herb Welch in the draft, Carthon and Oates from the USFL

But even that way, the 2005 offseason blew it away--that draft plus MacKenzie, Pierce, and Burress? That wasn't even fair. Easily the best offseason Accorsi ever had with this team, as far as sheer number of quality players are concerned.

1984 draft wasn't bad: Banks, Hostetler, and Lionel Manuel.

1985 offseason was good as well: Bavaro, Stacy Robinson, and Herb Welch in the draft, Carthon and Oates from the USFL

But even that way, the 2005 offseason blew it away--that draft plus MacKenzie, Pierce, and Burress? That wasn't even fair. Easily the best offseason Accorsi ever had with this team, as far as sheer number of quality players are concerned.

Fish, don't forget Gary Reasons! He was a helluva linebacker as well. That '84 draft was really, really good. William Roberts also was taken in that draft, in the first round, and started a lot of games for us at OG. I think he was the starter on the '91 Super Bowl team, but wasn't in '86.