SportsWrath

Giants Invite WR Limas Sweed to rookie minicamp

BleedinBlue

Interesting. It seems to me that Giants are stockpiling tackling dummies for the real players to practice on. Hey....for 20 or 30 grand a week, I'd be a tackling dummy too.

You and me both.

Interesting. It seems to me that Giants are stockpiling tackling dummies for the real players to practice on. Hey....for 20 or 30 grand a week, I'd be a tackling dummy too.

You've had a lot of practice in the P&R section :rimshot: :P

IIRC, this guy was the top high school receiver recruit about ten years ago, and was almost a very high pick until he got injured his last year in college.

Very talented player... washed out with the Steelers though, arguably because he has bad eyes. Astigmatism. Instead of getting the surgery they had him try contacts. I don't know what they were thinking... maybe he had some objection to surgery? But I've got astigmatism, and contacts were a very poor solution for me. If I really cared about playing a sport seriously, I'd get the laser surgery to correct it. Glasses fuck with depth perception, and contacts for astigmatism have a top and bottom which tend to come uncentered as you move, which make them completely inappropriate for use in sports.

I like Sweed, he will have a good chance. He was injured in Pittsburgh and had "personally issues", He is MUCH better then Barden.

1) Nicks

2) Cruz

3) Hixon

4) Randle

5) Sweed

6) Jernigan

7) Douglas

8) Waterboy

9) Barden

one-dollar-on-white.jpg

1) Nicks

2) Cruz

3) Hixon

4) Randle

5) Sweed

6) Jernigan

7) Douglas

8) Waterboy

9) Barden

one-dollar-on-white.jpg

To be fair, Barden hasn't gotten a lot of opportunities too... hard to compete with Nicks Cruz and Manningham.. Not saying he's a super star in the making... maybe he reaches his potential...

1) Nicks

2) Cruz

3) Hixon

4) Randle

5) Sweed

6) Jernigan

7) Douglas

8) Waterboy

9) Barden

one-dollar-on-white.jpg

Tree....you've really got a hardon for poor old Barden. Personally, I think he's going to surprise in the end. Anyone who broke Jerry Rice's "unbeatable" college record for catches and yards has got to have something going for him.

A lot of people don't know that the minor league baseball record for hits in consecutive ballgames (61) is held by Joe Dimaggio......of course, Dimaggio's real fame comes from his 56 game hitting streak in the majors which is considered the one baseball record that will never fall. His minor league record is friggin ridiculous and it only made sense that several years later the magic would reappear in the majors.

Regardless, you don't rip the shit out of the record book in college and have absolutely nothing to offer at the next phase of the career.

But I'll give it to you....if Barden doesn't show flash this year, then I'll join the "bust wagon". I just can't give up on him yet and ignore the Superman-like numbers he put up in college.

Oh yeah.....what's with the dollar bill? :confused:

Tree....you've really got a hardon for poor old Barden. Personally, I think he's going to surprise in the end. Anyone who broke Jerry Rice's "unbeatable" college record for catches and yards has got to have something going for him.

A lot of people don't know that the minor league baseball record for hits in consecutive ballgames (61) is held by Joe Dimaggio......of course, Dimaggio's real fame comes from his 56 game hitting streak in the majors which is considered the one baseball record that will never fall. His minor league record is friggin ridiculous and it only made sense that several years later the magic would reappear in the majors.

Regardless, you don't rip the shit out of the record book in college and have absolutely nothing to offer at the next phase of the career.

But I'll give it to you....if Barden doesn't show flash this year, then I'll join the "bust wagon". I just can't give up on him yet and ignore the Superman-like numbers he put up in college.

Remember the Sinorice Moss bet? Same thing.

IIRC, this guy was the top high school receiver recruit about ten years ago, and was almost a very high pick until he got injured his last year in college.

Very talented player... washed out with the Steelers though, arguably because he has bad eyes. Astigmatism. Instead of getting the surgery they had him try contacts. I don't know what they were thinking... maybe he had some objection to surgery? But I've got astigmatism, and contacts were a very poor solution for me. If I really cared about playing a sport seriously, I'd get the laser surgery to correct it. Glasses fuck with depth perception, and contacts for astigmatism have a top and bottom which tend to come uncentered as you move, which make them completely inappropriate for use in sports.

You can get Toric lenses that are weighted. I have a astigmatism and wear contacts... I don't have a problem with them moving on me when I play sports or running or anything. Perhaps his astigmatism is much worse then mine, though. My case is mild.

David Ball broke Rice's record first. You might not of heard of him though as he didn't make it in the NFL either. Nor the CFL. He's currently with the Erie Explosion in the Ultimate Indoor Football League (not even the top Arena Football League). College records don't mean anything.

The dollar bill is for a bet I have with Seph. He bet me US$1 that Barden would be 4th on the depth chart at the start of this season. He made a similar bet with me about Sinorice Moss which he also lost.

David Ball broke Rice's record first. You might not of heard of him though as he didn't make it in the NFL either. Nor the CFL. He's currently with the Erie Explosion in the Ultimate Indoor Football League (not even the top Arena Football League). College records don't mean anything.

The dollar bill is for a bet I have with Seph. He bet me US$1 that Barden would be 4th on the depth chart at the start of this season. He made a similar bet with me about Sinorice Moss which he also lost.

Tree, I believe I made a bet with Seph also about Sinorice Moss for $1. And he lost! But I forgave his debt. It was based on production, which he did not come close to reaching. I think Barden has a decent chance to be 4th on the depth chart. Because we could have an injury.

Tree, I believe I made a bet with Seph also about Sinorice Moss for $1. And he lost! But I forgave his debt. It was based on production, which he did not come close to reaching. I think Barden has a decent chance to be 4th on the depth chart. Because we could have an injury.

Maybe if you hadn't forgiven his debt he wouldn't be strutting around today making reckless bets with people that know far more about Giants WRs than he does.

You know, I love being a Giants fan right now when the big debate is who is going to be the FOURTH WR on the depth chart.

I remember it being "Who the fuck are we going to line up across from Toomer?!?"

You're right.. wow our team has come a long way. Although I do miss having a suffocating defense.. the kind of defense you just knew would get you that 3 and out when you need it most... I don't think we've had that since Fox left...

I like our defense.

It's gonna be a nasty unit this year.

Too many moving pieces still. I have faith in our defense but I feel it has great potential. I get frustrated sometimes with the slow pace of improvement.

Our defense can be special this year.

Our Dline is still insane.

LBers will improve greatly especially the young guys like Williams and maybe even Herzlich.

I love our Safety's and depth at CB, however if we suffer an injury to Rolle or KP I'd be pretty damn worried since we don't have a proven 3rd S, although that UDFA Jackson has some talent.

Hopefully Prince steps up, same with Rivers and we have ourselves an even betterr D

Limas Sweed sucks.

LBers will improve greatly especially the young guys like Williams and maybe even Herzlich.

I love our Safety's and depth at CB, however if we suffer an injury to Rolle or KP I'd be pretty damn worried since we don't have a proven 3rd S, although that UDFA Jackson has some talent.

Hopefully Prince steps up, same with Rivers and we have ourselves an even betterr D

Limas Sweed sucks.

by the end of the season it will be arguable that Prince is our best CB.

Limas Sweed sucks.

We're not disagreeing... I just think there will be a bit of growing pains while the team jells... We have people coming back from Injuries.. from other teams... Rookies (you can lump Prince in there)

by the end of the season it will be arguable that Prince is our best CB.

Wow thats a bold statement man. I like Prince but Webster Is an absolute stud CB, one of the most underrated players in the NFL. He had a really good season last year. T2 should bounce back as well, he has alot of $ on the line so he should ball out but that knee is tricky. Who knows maybe Prince will step up but I would feel great if he somehow out performs Webster this year, that Would mean we have the next Revis potentially. Webster is so damn good and a great athlete, for his size he can really move in and out of his cuts and is so smooth in his back peddle with increible fluid hips. He's a pretty incredible player. Best Giants CB I've ever seen.