SportsWrath

Osi to the Ravens???

Guest StrahansGap

All I'm going to say is Nas, how many NFL games have you played in?

NFL or not.. it's the same effort.. the same movement... to say an NFL player's injury is somehow more severe is pure bullshit. I'm speaking not comparing me to Osi but speaking about the "injury" itself. You don't just discover a torn meniscus in August... it starts with minor pain and gradaully gets worse over the years. You have the luxury of choosing when to have the surgery as it does NOT affect your playing.. you don't feel the pain of a torn meniscus while playing...

Players do stupid things to cost them money all the time. I'm not saying that the decision to have the surgery could've waited, or he could've played on it. I think he probably could've played on it, managing the knee all season and the pain, not practicing, etc. I think he made the right decision to have the surgery. By the way, I have a torn lateral meniscus right now. It definitely affects me, I can run without pain, but pushing off that leg is painful, it just feels the joint is a lot weaker.

Anyhow, my issue with Osi is that he knew he had that problem and waited until the season was almost underway to deal with it. He knew he'd be sticking it to the Giants for the first several games. He should've had his knee taken care of during the offseason, but he didn't. And I think we all know why.

Players do stupid things to cost them money all the time. I'm not saying that the decision to have the surgery could've waited, or he could've played on it. I think he probably could've played on it, managing the knee all season and the pain, not practicing, etc. I think he made the right decision to have the surgery. By the way, I have a torn lateral meniscus right now. It definitely affects me, I can run without pain, but pushing off that leg is painful, it just feels the joint is a lot weaker.

Anyhow, my issue with Osi is that he knew he had that problem and waited until the season was almost underway to deal with it. He knew he'd be sticking it to the Giants for the first several games. He should've had his knee taken care of during the offseason, but he didn't. And I think we all know why.

It's funny how Osi and Storm can't argue on merits... just oh.. you're not like Osi... his body is made of different material... puhleeeease....Maybe.. just maybe the reason I can speak about certain injuries is because I've been active enough in my life to sustain them... be it concussions... pulled hamstrings... torn meniscus (requires surgery), torn Achellis (required surgery).. etc. To say an athlete's injury is somehow different than another person's is asinine at best.

Btw Cameron Wake just signed a 4 year $49 million deal with $21 guaranteed.

Lol Osi is getting paid by somebody next year.

It doesn't matter... he's UNDER contract. He SIGNED the dotted line 6 years ago and his contract was FRONT LOADED. Funny how when you disagree with someone you call them an idiot... you know hurling insults is free... I can do the same but I choose not to.

As to BIC's point, I didn't know breaking a leg in the NFL is much much worse than breaking a leg playing a game of pick up football without pads against guys who are in the 200 lbs range (Big Jake was 284 lbs mind you)... I'm speaking to the injury of a torn meniscus.. having had it and suffered with it for years. There's a reason I had my surgery in April.. and I wasn't exactly getting paid.

It's funny how Osi and Storm can't argue on merits... just oh.. you're not like Osi... his body is made of different material... puhleeeease....Maybe.. just maybe the reason I can speak about certain injuries is because I've been active enough in my life to sustain them... be it concussions... pulled hamstrings... torn meniscus (requires surgery), torn Achellis (required surgery).. etc. To say an athlete's injury is somehow different than another person's is asinine at best.

I just made a joke....

I never even argued that we should give Osi more $ lol can you read?

What are you arguing then? The issue is about money.... you're either on Osi's side or the organization.

Your hatred of Osi is extremely weird and uncalled for.

Who said anything about hatred? I said I wanted Osi on the team... but he's not what he thinks he is. Or... the Giants front loaded his contract... Odds on had gone about asking for a new contract a bit more classy, he probably wouldda had one. Just agree to disagree and stop hurling insults.

Guest StrahansGap

I think every person who has been a part of sportswrath and previously a part of the GD section of Giants.com, has, in some form or another, gotten into a heated battle with Nas.....including myself. I have actually agreed with him on a lot of comments...more than disagreed with him. But one thing there is no denying about him....He sticks to his guns. I'm sure there have been times where he has asked himself if he is indeed "right" on an argued topic....but 10 out of 10 times he will not waver from his original opinion. Admirable. Kind of guy I would choose as a partner at work, or a partner overseas in combat.

Alright, enough kissing your ass Nas. Just giving Osi a little background on you.....in case he didn't already know.

Ralph V is a shit starter, look at this tweet he sent Osi.

Ralph Vacchiano & #8207; @TheBlueScreen

The Dolphins signed 30-year-old DE Cameron Wake to a four-year, $49M contract extension today with $20M guaranteed. Thoughts, @OsiUmenyiora?