SportsWrath

Osi to the Ravens???

Guest StrahansGap

I can't say anything bad about Osi

All these "bitching and moaning" "Osi stfu" blah blah blah is a bunch of BS!!

When it's week 1, Osi is all business and every teamate loves him and his hard work ethic.

Osi is an elite pass rusher and yea he just so happens to be the 3rd best DE on our team! Lucky us! Let's not toss that away for peanuts. It's very simple, if he's being trade at this point it better be for a 1st round pick or else I'll be very disappointed.

This is a win now team. We can repeat this year, I know we can. And without Osi it will be much harder to do.

What if Tuck rolls his ankle? Or JPP what if he gets a broken collarbone?

Osi is an incredible luxury to have this year at $4 million and he isn't half the distraction everyone makes him out to be. It's just blown up by the media.

Osi will be back for the year and he will put up 12-14 sacks and make some BANK elsewhere next year.

You mean like the time he waited till just before the season to have a surgery? :doh:

Good point, Nas. If anyone thinks Osi is not above pulling some shit like that again they are kidding themselves.

It's why the FO hasn't been too kind to him.. he plays too many games and is in fact greedy. As you mentioned his contract was front loaded... he SIGNED the fucking contract. If there's one behavior I wish teams would curb it's players bitching about their contract... you signed the dotted line... live with it.

Good point, Nas. If anyone thinks Osi is not above pulling some shit like that again they are kidding themselves.

I don't think he will and I'm not kidding myself.

Why would he do that? It would cost him millions.

We see a dominate Osi this year baring injury, that's as close to a fact as it gets in 2012.

I don't think he will and I'm not kidding myself.

Why would he do that? It would cost him millions.

We see a dominate Osi this year baring injury, that's as close to a fact as it gets in 2012.

The point is he already did that... which tells you a lot about his character. Of course he won't do it now because he needs to prove his worth.

You don't think Osi having surgery was a team decision? It's rather far-fetched to think Osi decided to do it just to be spiteful. He seriously hurt his own negotiating position, both with the Giants extending him and with any other teams thinking of trading for him. Both he and the team must of thought that surgery wasn't necessary earlier.

Dude had a torn Meniscus and got healthy when it mattered most.

It's crazy, Osi is 100% right. "Jerry Reese is making me look bad"

He's right.

Osi is upset at Reese Nd that's why there's some "chatter" but Osi doesn't let TC or his teammates down. He gives it 100% he maybe a one trick pony, but that trick still works very well.

How many DEs cause FFs like Osi? Not many, and he's the biggest playmaker we I've at DE.

JPP is much better same with Tuck, but Osi has an incredible ability to get the strip sack.

Plus he's the longest tenured New York Giant

People need to stop hating and let the business aspect play out.

Osi is underpAid no doubt, but he will play out his deal and that's the right move by him, ad kudos to Reese for not budging.

Plus he's the longest tenured New York Giant

People need to stop hating and let the business aspect play out.

Osi is underpAid no doubt, but he will play out his deal and that's the right move by him, ad kudos to Reese for not budging.

Talking shit about your employer is not the best way to get a raise. Especially for an image-conscious organization like the Giants. Secondly a torn-meniscus can always wait. It took me 4 years before I decided to go under the knife and I did mine in April... not August. I'm not "hating" on Osi.. I wish he's a Giant for life but I know he wants to be paid like a top 5 DE when in fact he's the 3rd best on our team. Round whole... square peg.

Also, Osi is only underpaid if you forget his contract was front-loaded. Besides he didn't play the entire season last year... should he return half of his salary? Just sayin.

I'll just say this though, of you think Osi should have played with a torn meniscus then your buggin. We dont won the superbowl without a healthy Osi.

You don't understand that having 3 high quality DEs is an enormous strength of ours? Plus Kiwi, that's dirty.

Yea let's just kick the guy thy has 40 sacks in his last 56 games to the curb. Or complain about him.

Osi is phenomenal and alot of you are gonna miss him when he's gone and Tucks all beat up and JPP is getting triple teamed.

Tree hit the head on the nail.

Your not a pro football player Nas, and your not 6-3 260 and rely on an outside speed rush. He 100% made the right decision to get his meniscus fixed. Your an idiot if you disagree with that.

It's annoys me that so many Giants fans are so quick to dismiss Osi. It's an incredibly dumb thing to do.

Osi deserves alot more love then he gets.

So what if he's the 3rd best De we have! He would be starting on 31 other teams LoL! If Tuck gets injured which he likely will, we then have Osi fucking Umenyiora to step right in as a starter.

If this topic had come up pre 2012 draft, I would have been all for it, regardless of where the Ravens were drafting....but it had to be at least a 2nd and 4th.

Now, like has been stated, it makes absolutely no sense...Bleedin' and Osi got it right, there. I wouldn't even take a 1st in 2013 from the St. Louis Rams for him at this point. You cut in to your team's talent by trading Osi.

As far as his attitude, he's a great player for the fans to cheer for ON THE FIELD. He's exciting, a playmaker (and that's the biggest reason to keep Osi, IMO), and a team leader...again, ON THE FIELD.

Off the field, he's a little fucking bitch that will never, ever be satisfied regardless of what the Giants or another team pays him, until he's the undeserved top paid DE in the league.

It's annoys me that so many Giants fans are so quick to dismiss Osi. It's an incredibly dumb thing to do.

Osi deserves alot more love then he gets.

So what if he's the 3rd best De we have! He would be starting on 31 other teams LoL! If Tuck gets injured which he likely will, we then have Osi fucking Umenyiora to step right in as a starter.

I dunno man, he's getting old as hell and he has a glaring weakness against the run...I really think a lot of teams would use Osi nearly identically to how we use him....

I dunno man, he's getting old as hell and he has a glaring weakness against the run...I really think a lot of teams would use Osi nearly identically to how we use him....

He definately isn't a good run defender, but I've seen worse.

I disagree though about other teams using him how we use him. I think he'd be a starter for sure.

He definately isn't a good run defender, but I've seen worse.

I disagree though about other teams using him how we use him. I think he'd be a starter for sure.

I just think most teams wouldn't be too keen on using him as an every down DE...he'd be probably be getting introduced as the starter, but I just think he'd have the role he currently has....situational and 3rd down pass rusher

I just think most teams wouldn't be too keen on using him as an every down DE...he'd be probably be getting introduced as the starter, but I just think he'd have the role he currently

has....situational and 3rd down pass rusher

Yea I'm pretty sure we will find out next year when he's playing elsewhere. I do agree with what your saying the for the most part.

I just get the feeling that alot of people are taking a player like Osi and a a long time true two time super bowl winning impactful player for granted. There's not many guys on Osi's level when it comes to rushing the passer. And he's top 5 at FFs. He's actually #1 statistically behind Freeney in Forced Fumbles. I love the strip sack, those are Game Changing plays right there and he can get you many of those per year. It's like every other sack he gets is a strip sack. Which is great.

Tuck is all around beast who hits the QB hard.

JPP same deal x2 and will swat mad passes and just annoy the QB all day.

Canty an Joseph same deal with the swatting passes and hits.

Then you toss Osi in there with his strip sacking and that QB has one two many issues to deal with.

I'm a big Osi fan myself. He's an awesome player that has one of the best FF skills. One trick pony or not you can't find another player with this kind of salary. He is under paid. But he also has a ego prOblem. I recall he signed one of the top DE contracts during that time then a year or so later Tuck got a bigger contract and Osi was bitching.

I want Osi back more than anyone but money = ego talks.

I'll just say this though, of you think Osi should have played with a torn meniscus then your buggin. We dont won the superbowl without a healthy Osi.

You don't understand that having 3 high quality DEs is an enormous strength of ours? Plus Kiwi, that's dirty.

Yea let's just kick the guy thy has 40 sacks in his last 56 games to the curb. Or complain about him.

Osi is phenomenal and alot of you are gonna miss him when he's gone and Tucks all beat up and JPP is getting triple teamed.

Tree hit the head on the nail.

Your not a pro football player Nas, and your not 6-3 260 and rely on an outside speed rush. He 100% made the right decision to get his meniscus fixed. Your an idiot if you disagree with that.

Dude... a torn miniscus NEVER affected my play WHILE playing. The pain happens AFTER the body has cooled down. I played with it for over 3 years... and when it started to become unbearable I had the surgery... If I knew I had a football season coming up, I'd time the surgery not to coincide with the regular season.

I don't call getting paid $4,000,000.00 in one year being "kicked to the curb".

A human body is a human body.. his torn meniscus is no different than anyone else's.

I'm a big Osi fan myself. He's an awesome player that has one of the best FF skills. One trick pony or not you can't find another player with this kind of salary. He is under paid. But

he also has a ego prOblem. I recall he signed

one of the top DE contracts during that time

then a year or so later Tuck got a bigger

contract and Osi was bitching.

I want Osi back more than anyone but money = ego talks.

Exactly, well said.

Nas your an idiot bro.

Your comparing your torn meniscus from your 110 pound body compared to Osi and his 260 pound body!

Lol dude you are either fucking with me or you are a complete idiot on this specific subject. Cmon man you can't possibly bitch about him not playing NFL football with a torn meniscus all year when he can just get the surgery and be back 4 weeks later.

Treehugger hit the head on the nail.

Dude... a torn miniscus NEVER affected my play WHILE playing. The pain happens AFTER the body has cooled down. I played with it for over 3 years... and when it started to become unbearable I had the surgery... If I knew I had a football season coming up, I'd time the surgery not to coincide with the regular season.

I don't call getting paid $4,000,000.00 in one year being "kicked to the curb".

A human body is a human body.. his torn meniscus is no different than anyone else's.

All I'm going to say is Nas, how many NFL games have you played in?