SportsWrath

Saints suspensions handed down

gmenroc

I kind of think that's bull. Half those players don't even play for the Saints anymore. Now you're seeing teams with nothing to do with it directly affected.

Could of been a lot worse.

NFL had to make an example of it.

I guess, but without the team sanctioning it, these players weren't going to be putting money out to start their own bounty program.

It's over and done with and the punishments handed out, I don't really see why or how any player could be suspended....

"No bounty program can exist without active player participation," -Goodell

No player participation can exist without the bount program, lol. Goodell is trying to attack the chicken AND the egg.

I guess, but without the team sanctioning it, these players weren't going to be putting money out to start their own bounty program.

It's over and done with and the punishments handed out, I don't really see why or how any player could be suspended....

"No bounty program can exist without active player participation," -Goodell

No player participation can exist without the bount program, lol. Goodell is trying to attack the chicken AND the egg.

You realize the player punishments were handed down by the NFLPA? Not Goodell.

I think he had to make an example of players too, otherwise they'll continue to hide behind the "just doing what I was told" defense. Goodell has to end the "snitch" stigma and players have to know that they should report this kind of bullshit BEFORE it happens.

You realize the player punishments were handed down by the NFLPA? Not Goodell.

Ya? Well, then they need to write out the "NFLPA suspended four players Wednesday for their roles in the New Orleans Saints' bounty system, including linebacker Jonathan Vilma for the entire 2012 season."

NOT, "The NFL suspended four players Wednesday for their roles in the New Orleans Saints' bounty system, including linebacker Jonathan Vilma for the entire 2012 season."

Yeah, it's no question that Vilma was going to get the worst of it, but I didn't think he'd get a full season. I figured on him getting the 8 games and lessening degrees of suspension down the line.

As for the other players, if they're known to have taken part in it, I can't say why they wouldn't be charged just the same. Sure, the ringleaders will get the harshest penalty but those following the ringleader should at least get something

Yeah, it's no question that Vilma was going to get the worst of it, but I didn't think he'd get a full season. I figured on him getting the 8 games and lessening degrees of suspension down the line.

As for the other players, if they're known to have taken part in it, I can't say why they wouldn't be charged just the same. Sure, the ringleaders will get the harshest penalty but those following the ringleader should at least get something

It'd prolly be the Saint's entire team so it seems like they nabbed the guys that came clean with Goodell. The guys that are a big part of the reason why any of this even came out and resulted in Payton and Williams punishments....

What about the other 27 players involved? Because they didn't come clean, they get off scott free. Interesting.

Not sure about the others, but I don't think Vilma ever came clean.... never heard anything but denials from him, actually. But supposedly he was recorded and caught red handed.

I was reading through some of the comments and I have to wonder how there isn't an arbitrator involved here. Because despite what you say Blue, this is coming from the NFL, not the PA. Fujita would be suspending himself, he's like the ringleader of the NFLPA.

'"After seeing the NFL's decision letters, the NFLPA has still not received any detailed or specific evidence from the league of these specific players' involvement in an alleged pay-to-injure program. We have made it clear that punishment without evidence is not fair. We have spoken with our players and their representatives and we will vigorously protect and pursue all options on their behalf."

-NFLPA

I think you'll see some of these suspensions gone entirely or lessened at the least.

http://cleveland.sbnation.com/2012/5/2/2994098/saints-bounty-suspensions-scott-fujita-browns

I was reading through some of the comments and I have to wonder how there isn't an arbitrator involved here. Because despite what you say Blue, this is coming from the NFL, not the PA. Fujita would be suspending himself, he's like the ringleader of the NFLPA.

'"After seeing the NFL's decision letters, the NFLPA has still not received any detailed or specific evidence from the league of these specific players' involvement in an alleged pay-to-injure program. We have made it clear that punishment without evidence is not fair. We have spoken with our players and their representatives and we will vigorously protect and pursue all options on their behalf."

-NFLPA

I think you'll see some of these suspensions gone entirely or lessened at the least.

http://cleveland.sbn...t-fujita-browns

It's most definitely from the NFL and the NFLPA will file a grievance. There is a good chance the players will get some reduction.