SportsWrath

former Giant William Joseph

Lughead

For those of us who are sane, it's hard to get... I run into people who have 20 pair of Jordans but always too broke to buy a $0.50 loosy (one cigarette).

Do you know Sapp? ^_^

But damn dude, if you just stuck $10 million of that into a...jesus even a Savings Account, you'd prolly be making a livable salary per year....I just don't get it....

Unfortunately many people are stupid. The whole housing crisis is a testament to how financially retarded the majority of the population really is. I recently read here in Ontario high school students are going to have to take a finance course. I think it's about time. One of the greatest skills to teach your kids is finance and entrepreneurship.

You could make an argument that this should be in General Discussion.

lol Jim you're on fire.. this is the third thread I spot where you say that... and I agree with 2.5 of the 3 lol.

lol Jim you're on fire.. this is the third thread I spot where you say that... and I agree with 2.5 of the 3 lol.

You know, that's what we have it for. One of the things I love about this place is that when you want to talk/read about some Giants' football you don't have to wade through a bunch of crap topics that have nothing to do with Giants' football. You go other places and you're sorting through a bunch of bs on a Giants' fan site that has nothing to do with the Giants' to try and find some good football talk.

So not for nothing, but keep this fucking bullshit in it's proper place. When I come here, I want to read/talk about the fucking Giants, not 80's TV shows, not administrative shit with other teams, not Asante Samuel getting traded (unless it's to the Giants), this forum is for the Giants. Now I know I'm not an admin, and I know I don't run this site or anything, but dammit, it was starting to get a little out of hand with non-topical bullshit cluttering up the Giants' forum, and I don't give a shit if it's the offseason, it's the point of it.

Now, to the people that started those topics and put them in this section, I want to say, don't get your fucking panties in a bunch, I still care about all of you bastards, just tighten your shit up. Don't get your feelings all hurt and then we have to fucking hug it out later.

/rant

Now, who wants to talk about Brandon Mosley or some shit?

I think it's an elective service.

Many of which never use.

Kinda sad that on average a few years of being an NFL backup and you should have a couple million banked away and could be on easy street for the rest of your life but many of them just piss it away.

What happens is that life styles change....$200,000 cars...3-4 million dollar McMansions....high living pass the high end liquor with the bitches...have two or more out of wedlock kids...child support for all of them ....no marriage...or marriage and then divorce...half of your stuff goes to her...no degree or b.s. degree...no job skills to fall back on.... being treated as a demi-god then shit after the playing is over.... keeping their money liquid.... friends, relatives looking to mooch...mix and stir and you have a broke NFL slob. Joseph should have been okay because he is Haitian ...you think he would have headed back and lived like a king back home.

They do but the sobering fact is that 75% of athletes, all sports, are broke 5 years after being out of their league. I posted once about spending all that huge money ball jackpot that was just won in a news article and people acted like it's impossible to spend $600 million. I propositioned it could be done in one year which many posters thought was ludicrous. It could be easily done. The majority of athletes are financially retarded unfortunately. Hell the majority of the population is financially retarded, athletes are just on a larger scale.

Exactly...the difference between the Old Rich is that its passed on from generation to generation...they keep their money in assets, real estate...anything but liquid form. Whereas the new or instant rich go on buying sprees for things that lose value 5 minutes after you buy them...like the one of a kind Mazarati...or some such. Instead of being an emperor...they become warlords...all about the show and everyone knowing that you are visibly rich...instead of being quiet sedate and invisibly or less showy rich. How many cars can you drive simultaneously anyway...these guys are the perfect tools.